Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Tenaglia / T W I L O this friday

Guest Phazonian

Guest NicoleC

I had so much fun that I made a total a** of myself. I think it was a combination of patron and tenaglia. Great seeing everyone that I remember seeing! I even had a mini hot wheels reunion lol.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thefly

went to twilo last night..its was only ok..tenaglia is still playing his same type of set, including the flashlight..i think is time for a makeover..it was fun though..

11pm...

My ears are still shot!

Sitting and dancing near one of those phazon speakers will do that to ya.

Got there about 1ish left by 9ish.

Seemed like Danny played lots of different genres, I am not just about Tribal even though I do think that a place like Twilo should be bangin' out Tribal like Victor Calderone for instance. But Danny's set was very good. I danced as much as I could with good company till I couldn't feel my legs no more.

Pleasure seeing all you peeps and meeting new ones.

Damien aka Phazonian thanks for everything bro...like I told you bro bring Chus & Ceballos and make 'em a bi-annual residents! lol

I also think what you told me about bringing "blank" to your friday nights would be a great idea.

That would be sick Danny, VC, & C&C Twilo residents.

Thanks to Danny T for the great toons. Thank you for making this past friday night a great night. Wouldn't change a thing.

I'll post some pics and maybe a clip or 2 off my youtube in a bit.

D

Guest ramon

danny was weaving through genres with ease. house/techno/minimal/tribal

things i recognized.

ad finem - if you fall (mas collective remix?)

sgoria - sky is clear

gui buratto - i like you (supermayer remix)

depeche mode - i feel loved (acapella)

depeche mode - sinner in me (ricardo villalobos conclave remix)

syndeham & ferrer - timbuktu (ame remix?)

i'm pretty sure i heard music is the answer as well.

feel free to add more.

I danced as much as I could with good company till I couldn't feel my legs no more.

D

...i hope you didn't lose any of your valuables this time d. if i knew he was playing this weekend i would've tried to go instead of last >(

lol no doubt

i'll be posting a good clip in a few mins - music is a bit distorted but took it w/ my digital camera, good clip tho.

Guest Philip

what an incredible night/morning. these are the kind of parties that happen over WMC. AMAZING party. AMAZING music. its really nice when the best of both worlds come together because thats what makes the best nightlife experiences. i even saw Pod hopping around! yes, dancing

one thing i wanna say that really REALLY pissed me the fuck off. VOLUME!!! what the fuck!? im getting mad again... you know i have been to Space and walked out 10 hours later with my ears ringing and saying "you know, the volume was to loud". after 30 minutes of walking in i had stashed Twilo's entire napkin inventory into both ears. i have never put napkins in my ears at Space. i even walked down into the Red Bull bar to try and escape but still... either someone got the message and pulled it back or my ears just got fried cause it was fine after approx. 4AM. seriously Twilo - its few and far between that i write more than 3 sentences about a party ive attended. and yeah, im really impressed with last nights effort but i seriously will consider not going back if i have to put up with that again. if im not mistaken i saw comments on this last month about Danny's party - and this weeks post as well. so PLEASE.

now for Danny. this is really the first time i have seen him live. (there was another time at Local Celebrity where i heard the first hour but im not counting this for unspecified reasons). i have been a HUGE fan of all his mix compilations like Back2Basics or his GU stuff but never experienced a proper set live. i'll try and make this short and sweet. last nights set could easily be one of the best sets i have EVER heard in my life. even what few tracks he played that i could have done without held my attention because of how perfectly they fit in the overall set. he never lost his way. its simply amazing how Danny held my attention for... Jesus, when did I leave? someone help me out here... i think i left around 10AM. so maybe for 10 hours. another thing i was discussing with a friend that really made me appreciate the night even more was the fact that all the people i spoke to, i.e. the trance kids, the techno kats, the tribal folks, all of you were so impressed last night with the tunes. its great when a DJ like Danny can come along and be such a crowd pleaser without taking away from such an amazing journey into music. absolutely mindblowing.

now the party. out of control. great seeing all you CJ peeps out in full force dancing away. the whole place was just full of great vibe. everyone smiling and dancing. even Mr. Miami who was chilln' at the bar with a shot and chaser was grinning from ear to ear i would like to say more about this aspect but its hard for me to put my finger on exactly what made the place go off. its the kind of stuff that WMC parties are made of. the kind of atmosphere you wanna take a slice of, wrap it ina bag, and take home with ya. and eat it with your bangers and mash...

in closing i just wanna say thank you to everyone who made such a great night possible. Twilo, the staff (including the sweetie Red Bull bartender), and all the clubbers and freaks spreading good cheer. and DANNY T IS A MONTHLY RESIDENT!!! you know where to find me ina month. hopefully i can get all these napkins out of my ears by then.

good night everyone.

Guest Devilicious

Brilliant set by DT, I had a blast. I could've sworn I heard a very different sounding version of work this pussy, or just the vox from it....

Guest ddg

got there around 1ish......first time at twilo and i like the setup in there...music was just a bit too loud....danny played some tracks i really enjoyed, but for the most part i wasnt really feeling it too much..dont know why...left around 5 (yes, everybody kept texting that we left too soon..lol) but wanted to head over to check out roland for a bit....great meeting phazonian, thx for the drink...good luck with everything with the club....best part was that there was a really nice group out and about..had a blast hanging with you guys.....oh yeah, goose and redbull runnin a little steep at 13 bones..but whatever, at least they had some kick..

and tal, he did play work this pussy....

Guest ramon

Brilliant set by DT, I had a blast. I could've sworn I heard a very different sounding version of work this pussy, or just the vox from it....

yeah he played that .. :)

good spot t.

I have heard this from SO many people that TWILO has their shit together. I havent been yet because i dont know if it is gay or straight nights or whatever. im not homophobic, but i dont care to rub up against guys with their shirts off.

This club has been open for several months and i have yet to have heard anything really negative about it. The first bad comment i have heard is that the music was too loud... are u kidding me?

i will make damn sure that the next time dt is in town at twilo i will be going.. i dont care what the hell the crowd is.

Guest mr.miami

Why even wait for DT to come back? One night just take some bodyguard girls and hit the place up on a Saturday just to check it out. If you go solo I'd recommend you hit the place after 3:30am. on Saturday. The crowd tends to be thinned out at that time from the times I've gone there after getting tired of being at Space. Personally for me the sound is so good there I dont see how people can be complaining about it being too loud.

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

Ok..........Now that my brain is full back into my head and i have achieved a full 15hrs of rest to recover i can comment on friday night. The party was outta hand, Sick, Re-tarded. Its been a while since i have had a n amazing night like that. That may honestly be one of the best sets i have ever heard hands down. The way danny bleneded through genres so easily and took you on a journey. Man, we just couldnt leave. And the man is so fun to watch, he is having a blast as he just melts your mind with what i call these SPACE AGE, INTERGALACTIC, 2079 robot beats. He seriously makes others look like amateurs. This is he way a party is supposed to be. There were times when i wasnt feeling the music sure.....but i knew it was just a matter of times before the retarded shit was gonna come back. Amazing set. And i love when he gets on the mic and distorts his vocals. I know i will be there front and center every month.

The company that was there with me also made tha party great.Big up to Diego(that was dumb of you to leave so early). T, MAAAAJAH, Phil, Lee, cosmigonon, nickd,diogo,gina & alan (2097!!! lol) and the rest of the hoologans.

Oh yeah, PLEASE turn the sound down. It really is waaay to much. My ears still hurt.

ALKI

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

I heard Korki Bucek in there.

LMAO!!!! With some of the futuristic shit he was playing it sounded like he did play Bing Bang............bing bang bong bing bleeep.!!! lol

Guest Major

A most superb night/morning! I'm sure the pain I'm currently in is proving this in a good way. It was nice to see so many people up for it, the vibe of the crowd and the music all the way through the night was spot on. Only downer was (like others have mentioned above) the music was too loud, but it go down to a comfortable level eventually.

Fantastic to see everyone again, had a good ol stomp with all of you.

Gina, it was fun sync dancing with you to my rave moves!

Thanks to Danny T, and all my friends who made this night to remember!

Overall a brilliant night I'd say!

Looking forward to the next one! bringiton.gif

ps. Steve, did you really see Ivano with a notepad? ;D

Guest Comport

I see that alot of us were complaining about the volume. I forgot this time but usually i take ear plugs... You might look like frankenstien but your ears will not be ringing at all and you can hear everything. I have found that you can hear people talking to you even better than if you did not have ear plugs in.... IMO

Guest djben

Just got back home to Tampa after staying with Ramon for the weekend...

DT was great. Never had a chance to see him in person before though I've listened to his production work and mixes over the past 8 years or so.

DEFINITELY lived up to the hype. He was energetic and really into everything which is great to see especially considering how long the guy has been doing the whole DJ thing - 20+ years now? He has been a dj almost as long as I've been alive.

Wish I could have stayed longer, was just too damned tired and had to split at around 7am.

You Miami people really have it made.

Guest Cosmigonon

Music was too loud, that's my only complaint.

Other than that, I was an atheist until sat morning, when I met God in the form of Danny Tenaglia.

I had seen him several times before, but now I understand why people worship DT. Danny+Twilo=Match made in heaven.

He takes you on a musical journey, he paints sonic landscapes that you never thought could be possible, now i get it.

A set on Mansion or LC are always good, but is only when he has the freedom and the hours to do what he wants, that he can really be himself.

It's just amazing, you have to be there to believe it, nothing that anyone tells you comes close to the real thing. And on top of that, he goes out of the booth, interacts witht the crowd, dances, talks to people, he is just THE MAN, now I know why people consider him the best dj in the planet, cause he is. I think it is posible he may have a pact with the devil in order to get that music, cause I have no idea where does he get it from... :o

This is the best thing that could have happened to Miami recently, I think we are lucky to have this man play for us every month, I know I will makle a monthly pilgrimage to Twilo from now on... :)

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

Music was too loud, that's my only complaint.

Other than that, I was an atheist until sat morning, when I met God in the form of Danny Tenaglia.

I had seen him several times before, but now I understand why people worship DT. Danny+Twilo=Match made in heaven.

He takes you on a musical journey, he paints sonic landscapes that you never thought could be possible, now i get it.

A set on Mansion or LC are always good, but is only when he has the freedom and the hours to do what he wants, that he can really be himself.

It's just amazing, you have to be there to believe it, nothing that anyone tells you comes close to the real thing. And on top of that, he goes out of the booth, interacts witht the crowd, dances, talks to people, he is just THE MAN, now I know why people consider him the best dj in the planet, cause he is. I think it is posible he may have a pact with the devil in order to get that music, cause I have no idea where does he get it from... :o

This is the best thing that could have happened to Miami recently, I think we are lucky to have this man play for us every month, I know I will makle a monthly pilgrimage to Twilo from now on... :)

well said josh...well said. Its amazing to go and recognize maybe one or two tracks out of 10 hrs!!!! Where does that shit come from.......Outer SPACE!!! Intergalactic space age.....thats what miami needs more of.