Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Karu - Y Lounge!

Guest Fez

Guest Fez

just went there today,

a few familiar faces...

the place has nothing to envy from any other Miami venue i've been too...it's waaay too nice...

this will be THE SPOT, from big spenders, to celebrities...hopefully no rappers...lol...and by the looks of it...it can also be one of the hardest places to get into...

i hear it will be a members-only kinda thing...i haven't been here in Miami that long...but i've never seen it here...which is kinda cool...

i'd say, just givem them a couple of weeks, maybe a month...and you'll start hearing about it, or maybe not....cause they wana keep it, super exclusive...elite only kinda place...

it wasn't packed today...but again...it does have the potential to become THE SPOT ;)

Cool - where is the venue located.

Gotta love these places where u gotta wait more than 10 minutes to get into a club and people actually wait. Shit I used to do the same thing, but that was when I didn't know many places nor people. Now the places that I have to wait in line for too long by some tight leather pants fag w/ orange tan, i just keep on moving cuz that deff is not the spot for me.

Guest Untouchable Chino

the olace is like non-other in miami or anywhere i have seen..top of the line venue..the amount of detail they put into their interior designing is impecable.. we are doing a big event..if you remember the day before thanksgiving we did the afterhours with STEVEN LEE/LEE CABRERA..well we are doing round 2..next saturday febuary 03 for afterhours at KARU & Y along with JIMMY T...so get ready..

Guest Seb

the olace is like non-other in miami or anywhere i have seen..top of the line venue..the amount of detail they put into their interior designing is impecable.. we are doing a big event..if you remember the day before thanksgiving we did the afterhours with STEVEN LEE/LEE CABRERA..well we are doing round 2..next saturday febuary 03 for afterhours at KARU & Y along with JIMMY T...so get ready..

8)

Guest Shadeone

Cool - where is the venue located.

Gotta love these places where u gotta wait more than 10 minutes to get into a club and people actually wait. Shit I used to do the same thing, but that was when I didn't know many places nor people. Now the places that I have to wait in line for too long by some tight leather pants fag w/ orange tan, i just keep on moving cuz that deff is not the spot for me.

down the street from I/O Lounge.

Guest Fernando A

The place is on 14th st a few blocks west of Biscayne. The place looks amazing...very elaborate, trendy, nicer than most places on the beach. You can tell they took all the money they saved from the location and put it into the venue. Just to give you an idea, my friend helped design the place and told me one of the chandeliers cost $700,000. No bullshit.

At the same time, all the staff is very friendly, and it's obvious this is not a SoBe club. The door is very easy as long as you look presentable and I'm pretty sure they usually don't charge a cover. The thing is, they don't have any weekly parties, so, while the place looks great, the crowd is usually lacking unless it's a well-promoted event. I'd like to see somebody get something together, do it right, and make use of the place because i'd hate to see another gem like this go to waste.

Guest coach

Heh, you guys... there are like 3 other threads going right now, and have been several in the past. It is a very nice venue. Hitting it up tonight, actually.

For those that haven't been there, note that it is *not* a nightclub. It is a restaurant with a nice lounge attached. The lounge itself is not much bigger than Blue overall. There is an even more VIP lounge in the back, as well as a very private tasting room, and a garden area.

I agree, the staff is great. But, I would not expect "weeklies" to go on there very much. I mean, it just doesn't seem like that kind of place. More like just a laid-back chi-chi hangout type of place. It doesn't seem like a "music" or "dance" type of place, which means you can probably expect some nice downtempo stuff and the like. Of course, I could be wrong, but that is the impression I got from my visits and reading their info.

Guest Fernando A

You're right, at the end of the day it is a restaurant. However, this place has more than enough space to throw a solid party. I was actually there on NYE for afterhours and believe it or not it was legitimately good. The terrace was packed, lots of good looking girls, DJ Disciple was spinning and people were getting wild till well past 8 AM. I mean, if you can throw a good weekly party at Glass I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

Guest robggg

Hi all,

Thanks for showing interest in our place. Just to clarify a few things, Karu is the restaurant and Y is the Ultralounge. Over the next month you are going to see Y taking on a big nightlife identity. Until now, most of the focus has been on the restaurant, however, the restaurant only occupies approx. 20% of the physcial property (in all about 40,000sq ft.) and over the next couple of months, you will see Y Ultralounge taking on Miami.

Besides Y lounge and Y Gardens and VIP lounge which most people here are referring to, we also have a 700 person nightclub space in the back and a 600 person outdoor oasis with private cabanas, waterfalls, etc.

Keep a look out for conference :)

This week I'll be posting a DJ schedule of big name house DJs that will be coming in to play over the coming month.

So far we have booked the OM party for conference Thu/Mar 22:

Tottem Garden: Mark Farina, Miguel Migs, DJ Sneak, Colette, Greenskeepers (Live), Marques Wyatt, Andy Caldwell, Chuck Love

Totem: Greenskeepers (Live), Landshark (Liive), Tortured Soul (Live), John Acquaviva, Mike Monday, Clude VonStroke, Layo & Bushwacka, Trentemoller.

Y Ultra Lounge, Y Gardens, Y VIP: Johnny Fiasco, JT Donaldson, J Boogie, Fred Everything, Jason Hodges, Joey Youngman, Jake Childs, Hippe, Onionz, Iz, DJ Fluid.

So, please keep a lookout for Y ULTRALOUNGE. :)

If you have any questions or inquiries, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks.

Rob Garcia

Guest tbooty
So far we have booked the OM party for conference Thu/Mar 22:

Tottem Garden: Mark Farina, Miguel Migs, DJ Sneak, Colette, Greenskeepers (Live), Marques Wyatt, Andy Caldwell, Chuck Love

Miguel Migs is not playing the Om party.

Guest coach

'Spensive. Not tooooo bad, though. Drinks in the lounge range from around $14.00 for a Martini to $18 for the fancy-shmancy specialty drinks. This might seem a little steep, but the deal is, these are not your daddy's specialty drinks. We are not talking Lobsterita or anything like that. These are really interesting creations.

I haven't hit the restaurant, but the bar snacks range from $22 to $30+. Again, very unusual creations.

Guest pod

Of course it is expensive. ;D I don't think they're aiming for the demo of bargain bar and lounge shoppers. That being said, this may be the upper-class push that the area is sorely needing. Right now, you've got the music/party interests served with Space, Pawn Shop, and Twilo. If the upper class feels welcome and that they have a place to go, I can see it as a good thing. Because guess who is buying all those shiny new condos over on Biscayne?

If they feel there's something for "them" to do in the area, they're less likely to be all up on other people's shit when it comes to rules and regulations.

Guest Civs

Place is really nice yet a bit expensive. 2 specialty drinks will set you back $40-$45 for u and your date. so a light buzz will cost you about $100. One thing I found to be EXTREMELY annoying is if you stand by the door that separates the rooms, you hear music from both rooms. Horrible horrible horrible. Hopefully they decide to keep the doors closed.

The place cost 25 million to build and it shows. Definitely go check it out.