Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THE BORIS MARATHON COMING TO LOCAL CELEBRITY FRI.FEB.16TH

Guest biznation00

Guest NicoleC

Oh no! This and Danny T on the same night???? Can't you guys coordinate the good parties so there isn't any conflict or difficult decisions to be made? LOL

Is Alan T going to be on a Segway going between both parties? ;D

Guest Alan T.

THIS IS MIAMI--------------AS YELLO SANG----YOU GOTTA SAY YES TO ANOTHER EXCESS!

I WAS THINKING MORE ALONG THE LINES OF A CONVEYOR BELT--------->:)

Guest biznation00

Props to Dan for putting this lil' piece together & to Boris for allowing us get to know him better... Check out Pod's interview below or click the link:

http://www.cooljunkie.com/interviews/an_interview_with_boris_246669.html

An Interview with Boris

February 14, 2007 03:17 PM

by pod

Photo by Rajav Segev

For over ten years now, Boris has been playing the scene in New York. Recently, he's started to expand his scope a bit, with regular gigs down here in Miami. With a good deal of production and DJing experience under his belt, 2007 is shaping up to be Boris' year. We sat down for a bit to catch up with him before his next Miami gig at Nocturnal on the 16th of February.

CJ:A little background. I'm gonna venture a guess that you're from some part of Russia? If so, when did you come over to the US?

Boris: Yes, St. Petersburg. I came here when i was 3 years old, I am 33 now.

CJ:Growing up, what were you listening to? Did it play any part in anything you are producing or playing out today?

B:I Was always into different kind of kinds of music raging from Rock, House, Disco, Hip-Hop. It definitely plays a role as I have worked on records for different kinds of artists, raging from Janet Jackson to The Crystal Method.

CJ:Where'd you get your start in the club scene?

B: A Club called Tilt in New York City, in 1992.

CJ:Up until the last year or so, you weren't playing Miami too much, if at all. Suddenly, you've popped up in recent memory at Space, Nocturnal, the old crobar, and a few other places. Is playing out down here part of something new for you?

B: Not really, I have been doing parties in Miami since 1997-98. I use to

do Warsaw once a month on the Wednesdays, and would always come down and do Events for the holiday weekends, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc. And yes recently i have been playing more down in Miami on a regular basis.

CJ:We're getting close to Conference time, I see that you're doing your Believe party at Nocturnal this year, anything else on your plate?

B: Yes, my pool party at the Shelbourne on Friday the 23rd, which is called "Get Wet" and will be in it's 3 year as well the Nocturnal party which will be on Saturday, the 24th.

CJ:Believe In Boris, I've seen that at your parties as a theme of sorts, where did that come from?

B:Yes, that is something that was created at Crobar while I was there

and it stuck, so I just decided to name all my parties that.

CJ:Your stock has definitely risen over the past few years. I see your doing some endorsements for Ortofon. Anything else like that lined up for you?

B:I am endorsed by Pioneer as well. I am working on 2 new compilations 1 being for Pacha, my new residency in NY as well a European tour for Pacha that will include stops in Ibiza, Barcelona, London and Manchester and numerous other clubs across the globe. Also, be on the the look out for some of my new original productions in the coming year.

CJ:On the tech side, what do you like to use in the booth these days? Are you investigating stuff like Serato?

B:I'm not really into the Serato thing, even though I am not opposed to it, i still prefer to look at my CD books, and have my music right there where I know I have it laid out.

CJ: Good to know. Thanks again for your time, Boris. We'll definitely check you out this coming weekend at Nocturnal.

[end]

Visit www.myspace.com/localcelebritymusic

Biz Martinez

www.myspace.com/bizmartinez