Clubplanet Nightlife Community

An Introduction

Guest ramz

Guest ramz

Hi, all... On the advice of Satz of Parantula, I have joined up on this forum to introduce myself. My name is ramz, and I hail from Washington, DC where I've been a DJ and promoter for several years now after cutting my teeth on the nightlife scene in Orlando starting in the early 90's...

I'm currently working to expand my performance horizons and Miami seems a likely and worthwhile target to fulfill that ambition with your perennial support of dance music. So here I am... :D

I specialize primarily in tribal and progressive house as you can hear from the mixes that I have available on my website:

Aural Fixation

Strong Rhythm

Akousmata

You can find more mixes (live and studio) and some of my first forays into the world of music production on my website as well...

I definitely welcome your feedback. Please let me know if there's any additional information you might require to lock down an appearance in Miami... Thanks!

Guest ramz

oops... fixed it... trailing quotes in the url... :-[

I actually live in Fairfax, but I grew up just south of DC in Fredericksburg... :)

Guest Seb

I actually live in Fairfax, but I grew up just south of DC in Fredericksburg... :)

I lived in Falls Church for 3 years, also graduated from UMD. Welcome aboard ;D

Guest DJ Box-of-Rocks

Please let me know if there's any additional information you might require to lock down an appearance in Miami... Thanks!

i dont know, you've already done so much to warrant someone booking you and flying you down here to play

a post on a messageboard? thats all i needed to see...

Guest ramz

Please let me know if there's any additional information you might require to lock down an appearance in Miami... Thanks!

i dont know, you've already done so much to warrant someone booking you and flying you down here to play

a post on a messageboard? thats all i needed to see...

so playing good music well isn't all that's necessary to warrant a DJ appearance there? I'm not sure I was asking to become man of the year or anything... ;)

Guest ramz

I remember you ramz. You actually contacted me on myspace one time. You do gigs all over the new england area.

Hey there, Eddy... Good to see you again... More accurately, I play all over the Mid-Atlantic area, not so far north as New England... I play in DC, VA, MD, PA, NC frequently, but I definitely want to branch out a bit... :D

Guest ramz

I lived in Falls Church for 3 years, also graduated from UMD. Welcome aboard ;D

Woot! A homie... :)

Guest myles hie

anybody been checkin my stuff out? love to hear what you think...

You would prolly get a better response if you offered up a gig trade. Lots of jocks here i'm sure would like to do some travelling too ;)

Guest ramz

I'm actually morally opposed to gig trades. I book people because I like what they're doing, and I would expect no less from others. Book me because you like what I do, not because you feel some sense of obligation... I don't do quid pro quos... ;)

You would prolly get a better response if you offered up a gig trade. Lots of jocks here i'm sure would like to do some travelling too ;)

Guest myles hie

I'm actually morally opposed to gig trades. I book people because I like what they're doing, and I would expect no less from others. Book me because you like what I do, not because you feel some sense of obligation... I don't do quid pro quos... ;)

Morally opposed? Wow, thats pretty heavy.

DJ's are a dime a dozen dude, especially tribal/prog dj's, it's probably in your best interest to bring something else to the table i(e..gig exchange) then to just try to blag gigs and name drop. Anywho, good luck!

Guest ramz

Morally opposed? Wow, thats pretty heavy.

DJ's are a dime a dozen dude, especially tribal/prog dj's, it's probably in your best interest to bring something else to the table i(e..gig exchange) then to just try to blag gigs and name drop. Anywho, good luck!

what does blag mean?

Guest ramz

'Blag' is English slang for 'bluff'. Welcome aboard.

that's the connotation I got from reading wiktionary... does it really seem like I'm trying to do something underhanded here?

Guest meta

Ramz pay no mind to what most people have to say on the forum. Everyone one has their own opinion on something.

Just a word of advise, just do what you need to do and dont take to heart what people say on here.

By the way i am going to listen to you mixes and might have a talk with you later.

Guest meta

does it really seem like I'm trying to do something underhanded here?

Not-at-all. I'm not the one that proposed blagging.

your just vbery good with english slang. LOL

Guest ramz

Ramz pay no mind to what most people have to say on the forum. Everyone one has their own opinion on something.

Just a word of advise, just do what you need to do and dont take to heart what people say on here.

By the way i am going to listen to you mixes and might have a talk with you later.

cool deal, eddie... look forward to hearing what you think... :D

Guest myles hie

that's the connotation I got from reading wiktionary... does it really seem like I'm trying to do something underhanded here?

Didn't mean to piss on your cornflakes dude. Rock on! ;D

Guest ramz

Didn't mean to piss on your cornflakes dude. Rock on! ;D

all good... mostly I was just trying to figure out what I was doing that would be deemed so negative...