Clubplanet Nightlife Community

World Champion?

why is that everytime when sport teams in the US play against their own kind...when they win...they go out and scream world champions?

same thing happened when the Heat won...every newspaper and people screaming...world champions!! yeaaa!

wouldnt u have to compete w/ the world and have a "world cup" to become a world champion?

please clarify this for me, i just never really understood.

Guest mr.miami

Well if no other countries have professional football teams then in a sense they would be the world champions. Since they would be the only professional teams in the world. ;D

oh wait the heat is the world champions...shouldnt they change it to wba instead of nba...wba for world basketball association, that would make more sense right?

nba=national basketball association

...national champions, champions of the nation, US champions.

wba=world basketball association

...world champions, champions of the world, world champions.

the second makes more sense, but im not an expert here.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Well if no other countries have professional football teams then in a sense they would be the world champions. Since they would be the only professional teams in the world. ;D

There's NFL Europe and the CFL in Canada...

Guest Cosmigonon

why is that everytime when sport teams in the US play against their own kind...when they win...they go out and scream world champions?

same thing happened when the Heat won...every newspaper and people screaming...world champions!! yeaaa!

wouldnt u have to compete w/ the world and have a "world cup" to become a world champion?

+1

Guest JMT

its a dumb and erroneous thing to say. the "N" in both league's names stands for "National".

however, in the case of the NFL there is no other professional football team on the planet that can compare. in my mind its a fact that they are the most elite players at that particular sport. it may be technically incorrect, but the colts can call themselves world champs and its true. CFL and NFL europe dont even compare.

Guest LeVeL

however, in the case of the NFL there is no other professional football team on the planet that can compare. in my mind its a fact that they are the most elite players at that particular sport. it may be technically incorrect, but the colts can call themselves world champs and its true. CFL and NFL europe dont even compare.

Exactly..at the moment the NFL is trying to expose the Sport to other international countries around the world like Japan, England and Mexico but it looks like it hasn't caught on.

But even if any of those countries would end up with an expansions football Team they would atleast need atleast 5 Years to catch on to be competitive.

But it would be great if they expanded the NFL to other International Cities. Like Cuba could be the Cuba Refugee's and their Mascot could be a guy in a Banana Boat who goes into the Field looking for freedom....lol

Guest swirlundergrounder

however' date=' in the case of the NFL there is no other professional football team on the planet that can compare. in my mind its a fact that they are the most elite players at that particular sport. it may be technically incorrect, but the colts can call themselves world champs and its true. CFL and NFL europe dont even compare.

[/quote']

Exactly..at the moment the NFL is trying to expose the Sport to other international countries around the world like Japan, England and Mexico but it looks like it hasn't caught on.

But even if any of those countries would end up with an expansions football Team they would atleast need atleast 5 Years to catch on to be competitive.

But it would be great if they expanded the NFL to other International Cities. Like Cuba could be the Cuba Refugee's and their Mascot could be a guy in a Banana Boat who goes into the Field looking for freedom....lol

I don't like the idea of the NFL trying to capture international markets. The NFL doesn't need it!

It would logistically impossible for to have a football team in Japan or something like that. The travel time to and from there is to strenuous on the body to do it 8 out of 16 weeks (if you were the team in Japan.

IMO the NFL should just leave the rest of the world alone.

A small percentage of people outside of the US even understand football. And football is not an easy sport to understand either.

Baseball, Baskeball and Soccer are much easier to learn than football

Guest michael^heaven

In the same sense, what about the Miss Universe pagent? Shouldn't there be other contestants from other planets in the Universe? :)

however' date=' in the case of the NFL there is no other professional football team on the planet that can compare. in my mind its a fact that they are the most elite players at that particular sport. it may be technically incorrect, but the colts can call themselves world champs and its true. CFL and NFL europe dont even compare.

[/quote']

No one is comparing anything, Colts, Bears, never mentioned these teams I believe. Without mentioning team names and getting back at topic it still does not justify a "team" to go out and call themselves "world champions".

Maybe from now on when they become "world champions" there should be a small print on the bottom saying "other teams just can't compare to our level."

There's NFL Europe and the CFL in Canada...

thats like minor league football.. where they get the ass of the NFL wannabes.