Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ULTRA 2007 TICKETS - ARE THEY WORTH IT????

Guest Renedgade25

Do you think that ticket prices for Ultra are too expensive?  

1. 1. Do you think that ticket prices for Ultra are too expensive?

Guest dj moyn

well to each thier own. i wish they would just say "tickets are $100" instead of 74.95 and have a surcharge and other bullshit for 25 bucks.

bottom line is this, how much would you pay at a club to see carl cox... pvd... danny tenaglia... fat boy slim... rabbit in the moon...erick morillo...dj dan...mauro picotto... etc. you'de probable pay 30 bucks just to see one of them in ticket prices. and even if you paid 20 you're are still getting a deal. you can bitch about the price all day long but when you break it down like that it becomes worth it. and yea the sets are shorter therefore "they aren't as good" but you're still getting A LOT of great dj's from all around the world.

Guest themoldman

But it aint just about the dj's tho. Its about the venue as well.

We've all seen great dj's in places where the venue detracted from the experience and made it less enjoyable.

And some of us just dont want to do the "festival" thing - tens of thousands of people converging on the same location and all trying to leave at the same time when its over and then the resultant hassle trying to get a cab... overpriced and usually crappy food... lines for nasty portapottys... lines for everything... moving between tents trying to see the diffnt acts... dealing with all the other people there (spring breakers...?)... etc, etc. All this magnified exponentially if the weather is crappy.

Not for me thanks. Give me a well appointed club with amenities and a lesser line-up any day.

Guest Inán

I think it's annoying that they turned this into a two-day thing which, imo, is just to jack the price up -- like what they did (are they still doing it?) with the "Ultra after party" a couple of years ago, where they took various DJs one would have loved to see at Ultra and stuck them in the afterparty that cost another $50. When I first started going to Ultra, every DJ and act you wanted to see was there in one place. It was like a dream come true. But, I guess they have to do what they have to do...

Anyway I still think it's worth it. Rabbit in the Moon's shows are insane, and I don't think they ever come this far south except for Ultra. Tickets just to see the Cure and Tiesto would probably cost as much as Ultra already. Plus I like that it is outside by the water, I find that relaxing, I am breathing fresh air instead of having my eyes stinging and watering from 9999999999 people smoking inches away from me, there's food... plus I just love the atmosphere. You see all kinds of weird shit. And it's great being near the front of the main stage and seeing an ocean of people going nuts over the performer. That kind of energy is almost uncomparable to me :)

I guess some of us are festival optimists and others are festival pessimists ;D

Guest Renedgade25

The results prove conclusive, we believe that the tickets for Ultra are far too expensive. >:(

But good news everybody, i now have free tickets for both days so i will be going. :D

I feel sorry for the people who have to pay so much.