Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Conference Horror Stories

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

Lets hear them..........

This year for me all the conference Parties were well organized but I have to say the worst organized Party has to be "Fuck Me I'm Famous". I happened to attend Cameo's, only 1 time this conference but I happened to get to the club around 1 am and was shocked to see that Cameo's didn't have a line for Pre-Sales tickent holders like the rest of the clubs that hosted WMC Parties ::)

Basically there was atleast 100 people standing outside of Cameo's and atleast half of the crowd had their Pre-Sales email receipts in hand, the Doormen were just totally not acknowledging anyone who had pre-sales. There was no coordination, there was no line, just people pushing each other trying to get to the front of the line. I saw girls get pushed, the doormen pushing the people in the front just to create a huge commotion which made tons of people just go back home or attend another party eventhough they had pre-sales.

Me and the crew I was with, were lucky enough to get in but there was atleast 50 something people with pre-sale receipts in hand that never would of gotten in. After being in that horrible line for atleast an hour and pushing and screaming and sweating, I have to say that Cameo mismanaged this event bigtime.

I understand its conference but after going out all week and to see no acknowledgement at all by the Cameo Staff had to be the most Horrible event to attend. But once inside it was a different story, I just felt that I had to write this in respect to all those people that never got to get in and enjoy themsselves to a good night of music.

Guest dancefloored

being contained to the mainroom of Nocturnal for the AM only party when the mainroom is fucking done and over with. No loco dice on the terrace or any others following him. Absolute horse shit. If you cant let any more on the patio, at least keep someone playing in the mainroom.

way to go nocturnal or AM. time to be big boys and play fair. felt like I was in kindergarten

Guest spinderella7713

Mine has got to be the actual event of ultra. brand new outfit and pouring rain sucks ass. After I stopped being high strung about it and decided to dance in the rain I had a blast. lol

Guest Stealth

Me and my crew getting stuck inside the Chesterfield elevator for 45 minute

haha. nice.

For me, the one + one yacht party...because I wasn't invited. :P

Guest Buck White

Lets hear them..........

This year for me all the conference Parties were well organized but I have to say the worst organized Party has to be "Fuck Me I'm Famous". I happened to attend Cameo's' date=' only 1 time this conference but I happened to get to the club around 1 am and was shocked to see that Cameo's didn't have a line for Pre-Sales tickent holders like the rest of the clubs that hosted WMC Parties ::)

Basically there was atleast 100 people standing outside of Cameo's and atleast half of the crowd had their Pre-Sales email receipts in hand, the Doormen were just totally not acknowledging anyone who had pre-sales. There was no coordination, there was no line, just people pushing each other trying to get to the front of the line. I saw girls get pushed, the doormen pushing the people in the front just to create a huge commotion which made tons of people just go back home or attend another party eventhough they had pre-sales.

Me and the crew I was with, were lucky enough to get in but there was atleast 50 something people with pre-sale receipts in hand that never would of gotten in. After being in that horrible line for atleast an hour and pushing and screaming and sweating, I have to say that Cameo mismanaged this event bigtime.

I understand its conference but after going out all week and to see no acknowledgement at all by the Cameo Staff had to be the most Horrible event to attend. But once inside it was a different story, I just felt that I had to write this in respect to all those people that never got to get in and enjoy themsselves to a good night of music.

[/quote']

Funny you should bring that up. A friend was staying at the Clay Hotel and he was saying the same.....absolute pandemonium outside of Cameo. In fact, he looked a bit horrified when he asked me, "What's F*ck Me I'm Famous " ? I agree, though......YOU HAVE to accomodate people with pre-sales. An ounce of f*cking courtesy won't end in the demise of your nightclub. :-\

Guest Civs

masters at work Scion party. What a disaster. I see a business opportunity on setting up a production company that can actually organize a proper party. And I also agree with Level, Cameo saturday nite was horrible. No Line what so ever. Tempers were flaring. We stood there for like 3 minutes and walked away. No need to waste hours standing when the beach had so much other stuff going on.

Guest coach

masters at work Scion party. What a disaster.

What happened to you guys there? We got there earlier and it seemed just fine. Sound system was a little off is all.

[quot] I see a business opportunity on setting up a production company that can actually organize a proper party.

Yeah, there's 2 problems with this. People who do NOT have event productions skills (that's almost everybody) do not understand that it IS a skill set and what goes into it. Basically, you would get the brush off because they are too stupid to know what they don't know. The second problem is that the populace is too accepting of low-quality work. Why make your event any better when it sells out every time? Of course, the planners are too short-sighted to understand that if you mistreat people enough, then they will eventually stop coming, but by the time they realize their sales are declining, it will be too late. And they will blame other issues.

[/rant]

Guest Electric Eel

Lets hear them..........

This year for me all the conference Parties were well organized but I have to say the worst organized Party has to be "Fuck Me I'm Famous". I happened to attend Cameo's, only 1 time this conference but I happened to get to the club around 1 am and was shocked to see that Cameo's didn't have a line for Pre-Sales tickent holders like the rest of the clubs that hosted WMC Parties ::)

Funny you should bring that up. A friend was staying at the Clay Hotel and he was saying the same.....absolute pandemonium outside of Cameo. In fact, he looked a bit horrified when he asked me, "What's F*ck Me I'm Famous " ? I agree, though......YOU HAVE to accomodate people with pre-sales. An ounce of f*cking courtesy won't end in the demise of your nightclub. :-\

No excuse for not accomodating presales but knowing its conference my friends and I got there at 11:30 and had no line no wait. We also had tickets in hand. Whenever you have the option for willcall or to have tickets mailed to you spend the extra few bucks and have them mailed to you, makes life soooo much easier.

Guest HouseJunkie

Twilo

Saturday

Armin Van Buuren.

With a title like that who would have thought that he would only be playing from 12:30am to 2:30am. C’mon now who goes to a club at 12am, if I had known that he was only going to play for two hours I would have made other plans.

fuckin disaster with the louie vega boat party.... suffice to say i didnt get on.......i got there at 2 pm. i guess one had to get there at 11 am wtf... they had lines all organized leading to the boat. the fucktard dock manager got pissy and made everyone go behind the gates off the docks. everyone's place in line was lost..... scion did a piss poor job with this event.

compared to the stellar job they did wed at the raleigh

Guest LeVeL

Twilo

Saturday

Armin Van Buuren.

With a title like that who would have thought that he would only be playing from 12:30am to 2:30am. C’mon now who goes to a club at 12am, if I had known that he was only going to play for two hours I would have made other plans.

Not to sound negative but if you wanted to see Armin then you should of gone to Armin Only @ Pawnshop. The Twilo Party was an Armada Party which is his label and his label mates.

Guest GoodLife

Juicy Party at Nikkis thursday blew. Friends went downstairs and couldnt get back up. I had to close out their bar tabs. Fuking manager said call me tommorow and I can give you your id and credit card. What a bunch of unorganized bs. Good thing we got there early in the afternoon or we probably wouldnt have recieved entry. After they closed off the upstairs for a couple hrs if you were downstairs you could see that they set up a border patrol of sorts with gates and whatnot.

Fukin people.

Same problem with prive. Why did I buy a presale only to let them "use my spot" for some other table buying cock. At 12:00 they were holding the door like normal for Chus and Ceballos saturday night. Only allowing people buying a table entry. I mean luckily me and my guys live locally. But think about the 1,000s of people coming from out of the country and even far north and west US to visit or vacation for this week only to be told that you cant enter the club that you have a presale ticket for.

Fuking normal miami bs.

Remix you cant really complain because it is free. But what was up with the line into Collins around 5 pm Sunday? I am guessing because of Zabiela. Not sure but heard it was great.

Otherwise conference was a success for the parties I went too.

Guest coach

The problem with Remix was that it was too small. The performance/party area was only a tiny part of their full year. Honestly, I don't know why they do it at the National, it is just too small.

Guest Civs

The problem with Remix was that it was too small. The performance/party area was only a tiny part of their full year. Honestly, I don't know why they do it at the National, it is just too small.

I agree. the stage is way small. they need a bigger venue

Guest ramon

amonly was rammed .. thanks to roland if not i wouldn't have gotten on the terrace and thanks to the plus8 crew for throwing me into the booth.

had an amazing time.

techno on that patio .. fuck yes!!

Guest dancefloored

damn wish I stayed and waited for the crowd to die down at the bottom of the stairs for the terrace at AM only

Guest JMT

Wow, it seems like Nikki is being raked over the coals for this conference.

i thought Juicy was fine. i rolled up late with no ticket and got right in without incident. even found a parking spot right out front. the staff i encountered inside were all accommodating.

Guest the lurker

Here is hybrid's ultra horror story as told by their guitar player peter distefano

The Ultra show went like this, the rain was so hard and sideways that they said we could not play, we set up anyway and the place was jam packed, I was soaking wet and my gear kept working and then after 15 minutes of wailing, the health inspector started by turning my amp off and I hit him with my bow and turned it back on, then he started unpluging my pedals and I hit him with my bow again and pluged back my pedals real quick. He then went to Mikes keyboard and turned it off and all my bow hairs broke on his back on that one. Mike turned it back on and we finished with a bang as the police rushed us and I grabed my pedals and guitar and ran to the dressing room. The crowed cheered for a half an hour, I felt like Bravehart, fighting to play what I believe in

Guest barstar diana

i went to the justice party at studio a and was trampled by some mob of french people who were super inconsiderate as i was paying to get in. jesus im freaking paying and your getting in free let me in first dayum it, for christ sake i live here. and the mob was pist because they had to wait like a minute. WWWTTTFFFF

FYI if your a tourist be polite.....

but as soon as i went in it was awesome justice fucking rocks!!!

hes got a new fan!!!

Guest spinderella7713

i went to the justice party at studio a and was trampled by some mob of french people who were super inconsiderate as i was paying to get in. jesus im freaking paying and your getting in free let me in first dayum it, for christ sake i live here. and the mob was pist because they had to wait like a minute. WWWTTTFFFF

hes got a new fan!!!

again.....its the frenchies!!!!

Guest rhythmburn

way too many to mention, drama and theft were a common thread this year....

hopefully next year will be much better ;D

Guest dancefloored

hes got a new fan!!!

again.....its the frenchies!!!!

I surrendurrrr! lol they are still embarassed give em a break lol wouldnt you be too lol