Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can someone explain the difference in processors?

Guest coach

Why do I have to RE-agree to my license everytime I upgrade iTunes?

Because the terms-of-use agreement changed. Why does XP tell me that I "might be at risk" every time I boot it? That just reminds me that I'm using XP and am therefore at risk, which unfortunately is true.

Why does it tell you you might be at risk? Mine doesn't.

Guest coach

My adobe pro update took 8 reboots.. some ass clowns are designing this crap!

Oh lord. Don't even get me started on Adobe. Macs I just find annoying. Adobe I literally hate. No less because I have to use it every day.

Guest endymion

Adobe I literally hate. No less because I have to use it every day.

Tragic, then, that you're on a PC and you can't use Aperture instead. It's a non-destructive, GPU-accelerated photo tool that the likes of which you won't see on a PC for another five or ten years.

Guest coach

Not that I'm interested in learning a whole new software, anyway. I do miss the use of Final Cut Pro, and having to use Adobe Premiere instead. There's that darn proprietary issue again. Oh, just noticed that Aperture is primarily a photo-editing software. That's not really what I do.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Standing on a Mac is about all it's good for since it spends half the day "automatically" upgrading all of it's software.

WTF? Maybe your software hasn't been upgraded on a regular basis.

Besides upgrading Windows components are more of a pain in the ass than upgrading mac apps.

Besides Windows PCs are better made to stand on than Macs since all they do is fight off viruses all day and all through the night...

Guest endymion

It starts at 2300 but if you load it up, it comes to $18,371.00

Individuals don't buy machines like that, companies do. Nobody really cares how much they cost because they instantly generate profit.

Guest pod

Yeah, you'd see the loaded up one in an editing bay over at Telemundo or something. Your average indie filmmaker or music producer isn't gonna work on something like this at first. And it's way overkill for 2-D photo work.

Guest endymion

Aww, and I thought you'd use the chance to plug a3tv instead of Telemundo! They use quads at the moment I think.

I have a developer friend who keeps obsessing over doing distributed software builds that use every CPU in the office to compile code. It's his standard example of a use for the extra cores. Thing is though, my Core 2 Duo builds the apps that I'm working on in a second or two. I don't see the point in even doing a distributed build. There used to be a time when I would press the "build" button on my 1 GHz single-core PPC and then go and read the CoolJunkie forums or something while I waited for the app to compile and link. Now you guys don't see me here much because my goddamned computer is so fast that I never get a break!

Guest pod

Oh yeah. Buster'd slap me if he read this. OK. Go watch A3. I'm on there sometimes. ;D

Though I would like to have a quad just because.

Guest endymion

I think he was joking, Pod.

You could finance that $18k computer. You'll spend $28k and the bank will make $10k in profit, and three years from now you'll be making monthly payments that are greater than the resale value of the computer. But you'll be able to buy something that's beyond your means and the credit system will reward you by increasing your credit rating.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I would say that I bet Trancepriest will post a picture of this Mac within 2 weeks but he is M.I.A...