Clubplanet Nightlife Community

People who get offended easily are losers!

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

With all this Imus crap going on, I recall something that happened while I was in Atlanta a few weeks back for a bank conference that just pissed me off. I was in a group of 30 bankers. We were discussing loans to religious organizations and different risks associated with them.

So I asked, "Do we consider loans to non-mainstream religions more risky than those considered mainstream?" Keep in mind, it was just a question. When asked what I consider non-mainstream, my response was those that are not practiced by the majority of the country such as "Voodoo".

Wouldn't you know it, there was someone who I guess was from the Carribean in my class who said she was "offended" by that comment. Why? I have no idea....I guess she must practice that shit or know someone who does.

On break, class members actually pressured me to apologize. My response? Fuck off! It was a legitimate question.....go take your crocodile tears somewhere else. Voodoo is NOT practiced by the majority of Americans and doesn't have a national alliance like many Christian churches and Jewish temples do. There is nothing offensive with calling it a non-mainstream religion. It is what it is! No apologies from me....

Some people are just losers waiting for an opportunity to be offended by something, anything! ::)

Guest pod

Welcome to the United States of America.

If you're not willing to pick up a baseball bat over it, you're really not that dedicated to whatever you've been offended by. That's what I think.

Guest pod

A guy I worked with like ten years ago put it best. "What this country needs is a war...". The current war doesn't count either. What he meant was an honest-to-god conflict on US soil.

His whole point was that something like that would make people realize that their little petty amusements and hangups really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. If you're fighting for your life, you don't have time to get pissy about shit like Shaun described.

Guest HouseJunkie

To the contrary, Voodoo is a religion that aims and practice to influence "earthly issues" like getting a loan from the Bank.

So the next time you are thinking why the hell you just approved a loan to a strange man who is sprinkling water all over you desk, just remember..... you have been Voodoo'ed.

Guest clubchicky

To the contrary, Voodoo is a religion that aims and practice to influence "earthly issues" like getting a loan from the Bank.

So the next time you are thinking why the hell you just approved a loan to a strange man who is sprinkling water all over you desk, just remember..... you have been Voodoo'ed.

hahahaha...yeah watch out..she might have a voodoo doll that looks just look u now at home :o

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'll tell you what I think about this 'Nappy Headed Ho' comment this guy made..

IT'S ALL BLACK PEOPLE'S FAULT!

The music, Rap Music that is so much a part of the black culture integrates this nasty language in their music. You have black male rap artists calling women bitches, ho's and sluts.

Who listens to most of this stuff? Kids do. Black kids do. Then they grow up calling each other nasty names and trying to emulate this so called 'gangsta life' in the suburbs and running around like kids grew up in garbage cans or something...

If blacks have a problem with this language weather or not a black person said these comments, then the commmunity leaders and civil leaders of the black community need to really take the lead in removing this language and social conotation from the music that their young listen to.

How can people have respect for a certain race when many within that race don't even respect themselves or each other?

Guest Editor

SO ARE YOU RUNNING AN ANTI-BLACK PEOPLE CAMPAIGN NOW?

IF SO, GO START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT IT...

(sound familiar?)

Never ever ever ever ever mention politics or religion in the business world, it's your fault for bringing it up.

When a client of mine says he hates the Dems, I agree with him, when they say they hate the Rep and Bush I agree with them etc.

If they are Jewish I learn some of the Holidays and wish them happy whatthefucktheyarecelebratingthistime etc.

Guest slamminshaun

Never ever ever ever ever mention politics or religion in the business world, it's your fault for bringing it up.

Considering I'm in the commercial banking business and making loans to religious organizations is part of the job, it's kind of tough to avoid, especially since the seminar was about industry risk and religious organizations. My question was a legitimate question related to loan risk....if some dingbat can't understand that, then maybe she's in the wrong business herself.

I wouldn't say I was offended.....more like sick of the fact we have to constantly tip-toe around and walk on eggshells with everybody.

Guest mr.miami

Good for you. If i keep hearing stories like that I'll need to put you up on a pedestal like my hero Mel Gibson.

Guest swirlundergrounder

SO ARE YOU RUNNING AN ANTI-BLACK PEOPLE CAMPAIGN NOW?

IF SO, GO START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT IT...

(sound familiar?)

Am I running an anti black campaign? No. My best friend for 20 years is black. I call him 'my n-i-g-g-i-a'. I tell him his hair looks nappy and I've told him in the past that his girlfriends are all ho bags...

Where do you think I learned that language? From my Asian friends? From my white friends? From my Indian friends?

NO!

I learned that language from my black friends!

Since my best friend growing up as a teenager and as an adult was black, you could say that I've had a lot of exposure and insight into black culture.

Was my friend 'Khalil' the only black friend I had? Hell no.

I have more black friends in my life than I do Asian friends.

So before you make me out to be some kind of bigot, consider that I'm a highly educated, cultured and well travelled indicidual who knows what he's talking about!

Call it arrogant? Yes..

Call it the truth? Yep you bet you!

Blacks have created and prepatuated some negative aspects about themselves.

ALL RACES DO!

So don't get your panties in a bunch when someone calls out a race of people like I have just done...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Terry' date=' you're nothing but an acid trip in an egg roll. ;)

[/quote']And you're nothing but a 'whitey' in a bank roll.... :P

Guest Editor
You have black male rap artists calling women bitches, ho's and sluts.

...and you also have millions of white guys trying as hard as they can to imitate them, EVEN YOU. But you didn't include WHITE people in your racist attack, you singled out "BLACK PEOPLE." So I ask you, ARE YOU A RACIST?

Guest mr.miami

EVeryone is a little prejudiced against someone. During Martin Luthor King Day I was riding with my friend in her SUV and we were the only two non blacks driving through a black hood that had like 200 blacks walking the street for some MLK party. I told her to raise the window lock the door and fcking pray we get out of their alive. I had no intention on being like that trucker that got beat up for no reason in Los Angeles during the riots.

Guest Editor
So before you make me out to be some kind of bigot

...[chuckle]...

Relax dude, I feel the same way you do about the Imus thing. Exactly the same way.

Evidently, you've missed to whole point of this entire exercise. Go back to my first post in this thread...do you see down at the bottom where it says "(sound familiar?)"

That post was merely an attempt to point out to you how chickenshit YOUR "anti-Japanese campaign" accusation of ME was in this thread. As a matter of fact, it's an exact copy of your accusation, with the words "Black People" substituted for "Japanese."

Notice how it's virtually impossible to defend yourself against a charge of racism even though it's false. People do this constantly on the internet and they have no idea how damaging it is to the free expression of ideas.

Barbarino nailed it when he said "Never ever ever ever ever mention politics or religion..." That's the unspoken truth of how society has been conditioned, and that's one of the reasons why many of these social problems like the one you mentioned seem to go on and on for ever.

So...two points then I'll shut-up.

1) I know you're not a racist

2) and

So don't get your panties in a bunch

I don't wear panties, in spite of what you may have heard.

Guest Buck White

EVeryone is a little prejudiced against someone. During Martin Luthor King Day I was riding with my friend in her SUV and we were the only two non blacks driving through a black hood that had like 200 blacks walking the street for some MLK party. I told her to raise the window lock the door and fcking pray we get out of their alive. I had no intention on being like that trucker that got beat up for no reason in Los Angeles during the riots.

Yeah. Because they're really foaming at the mouth on that particular holiday. ::) It must have been quite the scenario. The two of you, together, running for your life.

Guest swirlundergrounder
You have black male rap artists calling women bitches, ho's and sluts.

...and you also have millions of white guys trying as hard as they can to imitate them, EVEN YOU. But you didn't include WHITE people in your racist attack, you singled out "BLACK PEOPLE." So I ask you, ARE YOU A RACIST?

YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T READ DO YOU?

As I stated above, I have a best friend who is black. How am I racist if my best friend of 20+ years is black? How am I racist if my wife of 7 years is white?

I singled out BLACK PEOPLE because this whole discussion is about some white guy calling a group of black girls on the Rutgers basketball team 'a bunch of nappy headed ho's'...

THAT IS WHY I SINGLED OUT BLACK PEOPLE!

I singled out black people to point out that blacks are the people who mostly prepetuate the words 'nigg*r, nappy and ho's'.

If black people want to stop the use of those words in the English lanuage then they need to stop using those key words amongst themselves!

Do you know what culture is? Do you know what it technically means?

In the study of Anthropology, the word 'culture' means simply, 'one person teaching another person something'..

The definition of culture does not get any more simpler than that!

Where did Imus or whatever his name learn the words 'Nappy headed ho's' from?

So do you think he heard it from a white man? Do you think he heard it from a white woman?

I personally do not know myself where he learned these words from. But from the context in and how he used those words during that moment, one can pretty much deduct that he learned it or heard those words from someone who is black since black people use those 3 words more so in their everyday lives than white people do!

Imus learned those words because he was at one time exposed to 'BLACK CULTURE'!

Now does this make me a racist because I'm trying to tell you blacks should not live in a double standard and prepetuate negativity within their culture by disrepecting their women within their own race by calling them nappy headed ho's?

Common man. What do you expect? That slang within the black community be only spoken by blacks and remain some secret language that non of us are supposed to ever use?

What the hell is that all about?

So to answer your questions as to if I'M A RACIST..

WHAT THE FUCKIN' HELL DO YOU THINK??

Do you think that I don't have these same debates with my black friends all the time?

Do you think that I've never been a victim of racism in my lifetime growing up as the only Asian kid in a predominatly white neighborhood?

Because of that fact above, I'm very empathetic to the plight of minorities especially blacks..

Guest mr.miami

So how many non blacks on here would be comfortable being the only light skinned person in a black neighborhood with 200 black people walking the streets there?

Guest swirlundergrounder

So how many non blacks on here would be comfortable being the only light skinned person in a black neighborhood with 200 black people walking the streets there?

That's the story of my life bro.

I used to live in Seattle. Me walking into a room full of 200 white people was routine for me.

Then I would hang out with my best friend who was black and go to his parties that had 200 black people at them.

Then I move down here to Miami and I go to parties filled with 200 Latin people in the room.

I could go to a party with 200 Filipinos (which is what I'am) and I'm about 1 foot taller than the average Filipino person. I still get stared at..

Dude I can't win; no matter where I Go.....

.. I see the same ho!!

:P

Hmmmmm I wonder where I learned those lyrics??

Didn't a black man named Tupac Shakur sing those lyrics in a verse in one of his songs?

Which by the way since I'm such a racist I guess that explains why I have 'Tupac Shakur's Greatest Hits' CD in my glove box in my car..

Can you see me now EDITOR? Rolling down Biscayne BLVD with my KKK hood over my head?

You know what song I'd be playing from that CD for you??

I'd play that Tupac song, 'Picture Me Rollin'...