Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Finally, A Reason To Have HD TV

Guest coach

Guest JMT

discovery HD is great because its in true HD 24-7. i have not seen this series yet, but they show a lot of scenic shows that are similar.

Guest pod

Well, by '09 there'll be no more analog OTA broadcasts, and I imagine, no analog cable broadcasts either, so if you want your TV, you'll have to upgrade. Hell, by '09 you will most likely be able to by a no-brand or third brand (Vizio, etc) panel for like $300.

Guest Fernando A

This show is pretty amazing. Discovery HD has the best picture quality of all the HD channels hands down, and they caught some pretty unbelievable footage for this show. There's one episode where they were filming aquatic life at one of the poles in the summertime, which apparently is the richest life source in the world, and they caught an enormous great white propelling itself out of the water to catch seals. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen, no joke.

Guest HouseJunkie

This show is pretty amazing. Discovery HD has the best picture quality of all the HD channels hands down, and they caught some pretty unbelievable footage for this show. There's one episode where they were filming aquatic life at one of the poles in the summertime, which apparently is the richest life source in the world, and they caught an enormous great white propelling itself out of the water to catch seals. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen, no joke.

I saw that and I thought it was really breathtaking, I was even more impressed when I found out that sometimes it takes them up to four months just to get a single shot like that.

Planet Earth alone is a good reason to get HD, what I also found amazing was similarities between human and animal behavior … how the mother protect its young, how birds cried when the wolf ate its young, how wild horses fight for territory to attract the best looking female.

Guest RzO

i watch planet earth every time its on, and on my 52 hd, i love every minute, hell i rarely watch anything in sd anymore, but still pay for the shit, my channel rotation is between the 12 hd stations i have here with comcast, cant wait till it goes full hd, fuck the bullshit, its time!!!