Guest JustDade

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lyrik

Lyrik's real house:

Southfork.jpg

Actually if that is what I think it is...its not very far from me at all and its very deceiving in pics when you see it up close its really not much to write home about.

Diogo, that's what clubs are for. I'm organizing this as mainly a GTKY (getting to know you) sort of party. We've taken on a lot of new people in recent years, and it'd be nice to get to meet them outside of the club.

Though I don't object if the pimps bring their stables. As host representative though, I'll require 5% of all transactions.

ive been to many house/pool parties with chicks, some of them i would consider hot some i wouldn't, than again i have my normal girl status n my stripper girl status, im sure it can be done...just tell the girl your bringing breast implants gift cards, or tell the ones going with their gf's that there won't be 4'11 teenagers with mohawks n i guarantee you they will all be there!

Guest neil rogers

the stuff you mentioned that progressed was the product and precipitation of that rave generation , people in the age demographic of about 25-35 now. now that the rave era is dead, and people of that era are getting older and moving on, that is why the scene is suffering, well at least on a local level. but i agree shit has changed and is forever evolving, what comes up must come down kinda thing.

agree. my point is for the most part there is a bunch of older people debating this. i am 31 was introduced when i was 19 and for the most part there were mostly a an equally young crowd. now i hardly go out, but still love the music and try to pay attention to whats happening locally. there is no longer a healthy population behind our generation to fill the gap as we get older, loose touch, settle down, etc... this hurts the industry and the scene. in my opinion yes the big boys still bring the bucks but the big boys are getting older too and without a new generation to follow as this generation ages the scene will die. supply and demand.

Guest Josephmama

wow!!!! I just read this whole thing & don't know how to begin to reply to this. I'm kind of confused right now. ??? But here goes........

Over the last 3 weeks we have had Erick Morillo, Roger Sanchez & now Boris come to town at 3 different clubs. I think the scene is far from dead right now. thats just my .2 cents. ;D

Guest coach
Can't wait to break in the new house this summer with a summer time jammy jam like I use to do in MIA...bet my neighbors are gonna LOOOOVE me ::) When I put my sound rig out on my second floor balcony facing my backyards and turn that shit up!

Dude, you're gonna get fucking shot. For real. Where do you live, exactly? I mean, what neighborhood/suburb?

I live in a city called Sachse (pronounced Saxy) right between Wylie and Garland in a subdivision called Woodbridge. I was tryting to find sme recent pics I just took of the house but all I could find were some older ones when it was still cold outside and one of the back not even finished yet...

OMG dude. You have no clue. You crank up the choons and you will have cops doing the two-step on your punk ass faster than you can blink. Post the pics of your bruises, man. We'll see you on Cops, and Wildest Police Videos.

Wait, how near is your nearest neighbor?

Guest lyrik
Can't wait to break in the new house this summer with a summer time jammy jam like I use to do in MIA...bet my neighbors are gonna LOOOOVE me ::) When I put my sound rig out on my second floor balcony facing my backyards and turn that shit up!

Dude, you're gonna get fucking shot. For real. Where do you live, exactly? I mean, what neighborhood/suburb?

I live in a city called Sachse (pronounced Saxy) right between Wylie and Garland in a subdivision called Woodbridge. I was tryting to find sme recent pics I just took of the house but all I could find were some older ones when it was still cold outside and one of the back not even finished yet...

OMG dude. You have no clue. You crank up the choons and you will have cops doing the two-step on your punk ass faster than you can blink. Post the pics of your bruises, man. We'll see you on Cops, and Wildest Police Videos.

Wait, how near is your nearest neighbor?

Close enough and fuck those cop bitches I dont pay almost 10K in prop. taxes for nothing...they better show some fuckin respect and ask me to turn it down 1st before they stomp a mud hole in my ass...its only proper. But actually the neighbors and I are planning on doing a little block party on our cul-de-sac this summer.

Guest Comport

People say the scene is dead... I saw fui.... Anyone that thinks that the EDM scene is dead, then you have absolutely no idea what is going on in the rest of the country and the rest of the world. I constantly see artists like James Zabiela, Troy Perice, jesse Rose, Adam Beyer, Gui Borrato, Alex Flatner, Richie, Digitalism, Daft Punk, Timo Maas, and so many other amazing dj's and they are traveling from event to event and club to club all over the world.

One theme links a majority of these great musicians, and that is that they do not come to Miami.

Many say the scene is dead...... No I believe the scene is dead in Miami. The rest of the world is alive and well. Even Orlando has some really good dj all the time..,.

The problem with S. Fl. is that the people don't give a crap about the night life, the club owners are greedy, their door staff is trained to be assholes to the patrons that put $$$ in their pockets, and the nightlife is monopolized by two large factions.

Until we all wake up and realize what needs to be done and we all do it and stop fighting each other nothing will change.

P.S. I did not read the gagilian pages on this thread and I do not have the answers... I just know the EDM scene as a whole is not dead.

Guest 4040

It's all cyclic.

which means things should be getting hella housier soon.

Deep House is on the move back baby

Guest pod

The problem with S. Fl. is that the people don't give a crap about the night life, the club owners are greedy, their door staff is trained to be assholes to the patrons that put $$$ in their pockets, and the nightlife is monopolized by two large factions.

I'd say people do. You'd be surprised.

The problems I've outlined with dance culture here in Miami at least are many, the biggest one is that people who are into the music are too busy fighting amongst themselves to make a stand when the clubs decide to yank the music and throw some monkey on the decks to play open format.

Guest endymion

You Junkies have a skewed perspective. You gather on a board with like-minded people, which gives you the impression that there are many of you. In fact, you are few and getting to be fewer.

+1

Wise words.

Guest pod

I've said that a million times.

It's easy to think things are alright when the only boards you frequent and the only events you go to are populated by like-minded people. The reality is, dance music in the is country is still in trouble. There's simple solutions to the problem which I've outlined many, many times, but no one really wants to listen.

Let's put it this way, we're lucky to have one major club who still brings in and presents DJs of the genre on a weekly basis.

Guest RzO

I've said that a million times.

It's easy to think things are alright when the only boards you frequent and the only events you go to are populated by like-minded people. The reality is, dance music in the is country is still in trouble. There's simple solutions to the problem which I've outlined many, many times, but no one really wants to listen.

Let's put it this way, we're lucky to have one major club who still brings in and presents DJs of the genre on a weekly basis.

precisely stated, and in response to comport, the main club owner of the main EDM club, which happens to be known globally, the owner definitely CARES. LP fights the fight, cause he does love the music and he helped put Miami on the map and consistently is our figurehead in the fight. yah every other club is in for the bottom line, and i don't blame them, its a business and money is the key to success. i know this from the few conversations i have had with him, and from actions that he has taken for the scene as a whole and even shown in my personal story about an issue @ suite a year ago, where he personally helped out me and my friends, when we are nothing but some supporters coming out to hear the music we love.

the fragmentation in our scene is the demise that we speak about, and that is why the debates go on.

the many who care have input, as shown in this and countless threads pertaining to this issue. we all have to believe in what we want, and with that comes compromise as a means the the greater end.

Guest eroc0411

I'll say 4 what seems like the 40th time. The only reason edm is dyin is because of us!! OUR CONSTANT BITCHING! SHUT THE FUCK up ALREADY! i cant take another read of justdade & nova... Im beginning 2 think there the same person!! if u guys have a squabble keep it among ur selfs... Its like u been havin the same conversation over 4 threads now!! ENOUGH!! The culture sucks even on this board i asked a simple question and i got killed. Another time i said its a shame im out of town and im gonna miss out on erick morillo at suite.. Same thing, i got called a "sell out" 4 wanting 2 c him... U kno once in awhile its fun 2 look at beautiful chicks and dress up nice! BUT now i was called chessy and what not!! what the fuck is chessy by the way... Im 27 now and i say bring back the GLOW STICKS!!( NOT THAT I WOULD USE THEM) but its fun 2 c the new crowd have fun.. Thats y i think edm is dyin, where is the new generation. Like i said i bartend and 4 this past WMC the crowd was mostly late 20's (like my self and early 40's) U people killed tiesto 4 trowing a teen party here once! why!>???! i think he was smart he was bringing a new generation 2 the scene! Damn i remember goin 2 the tunnel in nyc and this Asian chick doin sum amazing tricks w/ glow sticks... ( i missed that, just having fun) and i kno im gonna get killed now but i bet the ones bitchin about glow sticks r older then me, and i bet they used them when they were younger... Let the new kids play!! PLEASE. Ur the problem u got old and now all u do is bitch bitch bitch!!! And props 2 BIZ i think right now he has the best party goin! (sundance) beautiful girls getting dirty!!

Guest coach
and i kno im gonna get killed now but i bet the ones bitchin about glow sticks r older then me, and i bet they used them when they were younger... Let the new kids play!! PLEASE. Ur the problem u got old and now all u do is bitch bitch bitch!!!

LMAO! You guys got pwned. He's right and deep down you know it, even if you're too embarrassed to admit it out loud.

Guest 4040

Like i said in another post, bring back the Bruce Lee glowstick knumb chuckers, pill poppers, vicks, train massages. This should stop all the compaining. ;)