Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Our Scene - Dead or Alive?

Guest JustDade

Guest thelurker

EDM is still alive. The simple fact is that there are so many sub genres that have come out in the past decade which allows for music diversity in clubland. Back in the day you would only have regular trance and your regular house being played pretty much at one club only with the occasional ambient room.(what happened).

Now that you have a plethora of clubs playing a specific genre people are now given a choice. This is were the whole argument begins. Some clubs have flourished and others are barely holding on. Being an old school cat I have noticed that todays club kid is more into music that jams and makes you jump up and down rather than the mind trip and musical journey from the past. I just like to say i love it all.

What i propose is a truce and i say lets have a bbq one of these days on 1st and have a good ol fashion jam session. Fuck all this bithching behind the computer and lets get drunk and dance

I'm into the BBQ idea :)

I heard about some BBQs CJrs used to do back in the day. Sounds like alot of fun and a great way to get to know alot of the people from the boards. I'd love to help plan one again, maybe for this summer. I'll talk to you about it tonight Ramon.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

I was planning one earlier this year, but no one liked my frank suggestions. It always turns into something too serious. I don't know about you, but the last thing I want at a BBQ is a bunch of DJs fighting over set times.

Guest JustDade

I was planning one earlier this year, but no one liked my frank suggestions. It always turns into something too serious. I don't know about you, but the last thing I want at a BBQ is a bunch of DJs fighting over set times.

Podster, put it together. Do it at someplace different like Hobie Beach. I'll sponsor the sound.....

Guest ramon

Podster, put it together. Do it at someplace different like Hobie Beach. I'll sponsor the sound.....

Outdoors .. summer .. music .. sold!

Guest 4040

This is simple: Rock, Paper, Scissors

Guest lulamishka

I don't know about you, but the last thing I want at a BBQ is a bunch of DJs fighting over set times.

Precisely. Like its another Ultra or somethin'.

Guest JustDade

i will run the turtle races...

LOL. Keep that shit quiet or LP will steal the idea.

Seriously, If Pod takes the lead and gets this going I'll pony-up for some of the costs. The spirit of community has always been a big part of this scene and these types of things are good.

Has to be after July 1 though. I am going to be laid-up for a few weeks.......having cornea transplants next week.

Guest Mattivi

i am quite the grill man, and will provide a good bulk of the Picanha and Vacio meats, but someone of argentinian descent has to bring the fresh CHIMICHURRI!!!!

Guest JustDade

Yeah, it wouldn't be for awhile. June is a busy month for me.

Why not July 4th? It's a Wednesday....a holiday.....and should not interfere with anyone's weekend plans.

Guest Seb

i am quite the grill man, and will provide a good bulk of the Picanha and Vacio meats, but someone of argentinian descent has to bring the fresh CHIMICHURRI!!!!

Attn: Leo/Happy Face

Guest ramon

Attn: Leo/Happy Face

seriously!@$#!

;D

Guest Mattivi

Yeah, it wouldn't be for awhile. June is a busy month for me.

Why not July 4th? It's a Wednesday....a holiday.....and should not interfere with anyone's weekend plans.

yeh lets have it right at the Surfcomber!!!!

Guest pod

Everyone will be at the Roger Sanchez pool party. Maybe the weekend prior or after. Either one works for me.

Guest Mattivi

Everyone will be at the Roger Sanchez pool party. Maybe the weekend prior or after. Either one works for me.

dade didnt know about the Sanchez pool party?! maybe hova was right, dade is out of touch?! sweet joeseph!!! jking ;D

Guest Mattivi

alright people i have to get to work, if this bbq goes down i will man the grill, but i may need a partner while i periodically run the turtle races....

Guest pod

This did come up once before, but then conference got in the way.

Being things as it were, I would probably limit it to maybe 4 or 5 DJs max, depending on how much time is allowed at this beach.

Also, I know some people have done little parties there before, what's the facilities situation? Dade offered to help with the sound, but will we have to bring our own power or can we hook up somewhere?

Guest ramon

This did come up once before, but then conference got in the way.

Being things as it were, I would probably limit it to maybe 4 or 5 DJs max, depending on how much time is allowed at this beach.

Also, I know some people have done little parties there before, what's the facilities situation? Dade offered to help with the sound, but will we have to bring our own power or can we hook up somewhere?

Good idea but maybe give some people a chance who don't play out at regular clubnights on a normal basis. maybe we can discover someone new? I know a few folks discovered Chloe this way ;)

Guest pod

I'm probably not gonna stress too much over DJ selection. Seriously. I'll maybe take an hour out of my day figuring out who plays. And since I'm in no position to actually bring in talent, I'm more than happy to let someone new take their turn.

Guest 4040

I believe we would have to bring our own generator. As far as manning the grill, I have no problems since i'm a chef.