Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Our Scene - Dead or Alive?

Guest JustDade

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

As I recall, one of the major snafu's last time was location. Many of the parks balk at the idea of having DJs set up. Which is stupid, of course, but whatever. We should be able to find *some* place.

As far as DJ selection/times, Pod, you should offload that duty onto someone else (*cough*Ramon*cough*). I'd say Lyrik if his dumb ass hadn't trundled off to Dall-ass. He was always good at not putting up with anyone's shit, and nobody could get pissed at him because he is such a nice guy.

Guest ramon

MARCOS AND CARLA........ ;D

ahhh I love them two.. wonder what they are up too... Now those are some good peeps ;D And of course, great memories of the times we hung out ;)

I reckon they got married? :)

Guest JustDade

This did come up once before, but then conference got in the way.

Being things as it were, I would probably limit it to maybe 4 or 5 DJs max, depending on how much time is allowed at this beach.

Also, I know some people have done little parties there before, what's the facilities situation? Dade offered to help with the sound, but will we have to bring our own power or can we hook up somewhere?

I have a 6000 watt generator

Guest JMT
I heard about some BBQs CJrs used to do back in the day. Sounds like alot of fun and a great way to get to know alot of the people from the boards.

those were the days. it was a little different then, though. i think cj had less members, but there was a large, core group that would all hang out together on a regular basis.

Guest coach

Go to homedepot for generators.

This was my thought, as well. But the issue with the parks is not power, it is noise. If we can pony up some generators, that opens our options to less "civilized" locales. Depending on how far people are willing to drive, of course.

Guest pod

Well, back a few years ago, it was actually more of a CJ/CP thing (prior to the official corporate merger) where regular users of the forums would get together at someone's home, and have a little (sometimes large) BBQ.

It certainly was fun, but the inherent problems were:

- Commandeering someone's home for a day/evening and the resultant mess. Led to some hosts losing their enthusiasm for it.

- Location. Most people with large enough homes were in (no offense) inconvenient locations as relative to the main body of forum users.

- DJs. The BBQ essentially started seeming like a mini-music festival, with people bitching over set times and the like. Too much stress for what was supposed to be an informal get-together.

Guest pod

I'm working on it. Will let you know. I have to get the T-shirts out first. ;D

Dade kindly solved half the problem already.

Guest lyrik

As I recall, one of the major snafu's last time was location. Many of the parks balk at the idea of having DJs set up. Which is stupid, of course, but whatever. We should be able to find *some* place.

As far as DJ selection/times, Pod, you should offload that duty onto someone else (*cough*Ramon*cough*). I'd say Lyrik if his dumb ass hadn't trundled off to Dall-ass. He was always good at not putting up with anyone's shit, and nobody could get pissed at him because he is such a nice guy.

Thanks James...I'm a people person eh! Can't wait to break in the new house this summer with a summer time jammy jam like I use to do in MIA...bet my neighbors are gonna LOOOOVE me ::) When I put my sound rig out on my second floor balcony facing my backyards and turn that shit up! I have to find some pics to post of the house now that its all finished and the grass is growing in...

Anyway my buddy Rico goes down to Hobie all the time with his complete sound rig...tables, mixer, final scratch, speakers, generators, grill basically the only thing he doesn't have is CDJs. The cops never hassle you...just dont bring bottles...in fact they even told him to turn the music up the last time he was down becuase they couldn't hear it at the other end of the beach. he usually gets there at 10am and goes 6-8 hours by himself! He takes the spot (beleive 2nd entrance over the bridge) where the road end with thsoe little woodden stumps seperating it from that long walk to the bathrooms and sets up right on the asphalt under a tent. Let me know and I'll mention it to him.

This did come up once before, but then conference got in the way.

Being things as it were, I would probably limit it to maybe 4 or 5 DJs max, depending on how much time is allowed at this beach.

Also, I know some people have done little parties there before, what's the facilities situation? Dade offered to help with the sound, but will we have to bring our own power or can we hook up somewhere?

I have a 6000 watt generator

WHATEVER.. I HAVE A 1.21 JIGGAWATT ONE. ;D

Guest lyrik

Cool.

OK, what are the do's and don'ts of this location? You seem to know it.

The only thing they ever get pissed about is glass bottles...cans are okay...parking can be cramped...get there early. we have had 3-4 rows of cars parked at the end of that portion on the street 2 by 2 and cars pulled off in the grass on the side and sand etc...they are really lax there...so we have never ever had problems and we have done like 6-7 different parties there with different groups of people. Be courteous and all is good.

Guest pod

No disrespect to them, but they're out of the loop these days so it wouldn't make sense.

Plus it's a haul for a lot of people. And it's at someone's house.

I'm pretty much gonna declare it to be at Hobie Beach, time and date TBA. It's fairly convenient to get to, Dade's already said he'd help with sound and a generator, now we just gotta figure out the details.

Guest JMT

No disrespect to them, but they're out of the loop these days so it wouldn't make sense.

i know. it was a half-joke for the old schooler cjers.