Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Our Scene - Dead or Alive?

Guest JustDade

Guest thelurker

We should get those CJ t-shirts made, but with our screenames on them so we know who everyone is. Then again, alot of you guys would rather not have anyone know who you are, lol.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

No screen names on the shirts. Like I stated before, they're gonna be something on the order of what you would find in a fairly upmarket store. 8)

Guest RzO

Cool.

OK, what are the do's and don'ts of this location? You seem to know it.

The only thing they ever get pissed about is glass bottles...cans are okay...parking can be cramped...get there early. we have had 3-4 rows of cars parked at the end of that portion on the street 2 by 2 and cars pulled off in the grass on the side and sand etc...they are really lax there...so we have never ever had problems and we have done like 6-7 different parties there with different groups of people. Be courteous and all is good.

ooh, i think we are on to something

next plan of action is a date ;D

perhaps to coincide with the birth of the tee shirt! ;) ;D

Guest coach
Can't wait to break in the new house this summer with a summer time jammy jam like I use to do in MIA...bet my neighbors are gonna LOOOOVE me ::) When I put my sound rig out on my second floor balcony facing my backyards and turn that shit up!

Dude, you're gonna get fucking shot. For real. Where do you live, exactly? I mean, what neighborhood/suburb?

Where is this Hobie place? Is that the little beach down on the way to Key Biscayne?

One of these days, I want to check out what is up with all that empty space near the Children's Museum. It's a fine place to watch the sunset, by the way, but I don't know if it is parkland or what. There are *no* houses within miles, so it might be good for stuff, too.

Guest pod

Hobie Beach has a lot of people recommending it to me, and it seems like it is zero hassle for us to organize.

Guest neil rogers

scene is dying a slow death. its death came from the laws implemented by jon ashcroft in the early years of the bush admin. cause and effect less parties means less exposures to a younger crowd. less exposure, less of a crowd, less of a market, less potential income = death of a scene

Guest Mattivi

scene is dying a slow death. its death came from the laws implemented by jon ashcroft in the early years of the bush admin. cause and effect less parties means less exposures to a younger crowd. less exposure, less of a crowd, less of a market, less potential income = death of a scene

if your referring to the rave act, yeh you make a good point.

Guest RzO

if your referring to the rave act, yeh you make a good point.

indeed he is but, the rave act happened and there is still some sort of scene

i remember in aug 03, a short time after it was passed when Space got raided on a friday

the next day was the CJ spin off(my first time @ the new space) and it went off. i was like if they're open i am going, as did a good many of folk from this board(all of whom i saw but didn't know, Diaga ftw! lol)

anyhow to this day every Saturday the place is packed, and maybe in Miami it is more a party scene and that is what keeps it afloat, but worldwide shit is happening, so maybe its not the early 2k trance days where oakie and dj's ruled the world, but it has transgressed like anything to become what it is

all i know is any place i have gone in this country, that isn't some podunk middle america town(cause i don't go to those towns), peeps are still getting down, maybe the numbers are smaller, but still happening none the less

and maybe i have a small bias because i WANT it to succeed more than others, and I do my part. when a big DJ comes to Space or wherever, for the most part i but my presale and go. I know many other's do the same, and yah sure on other nights i get comps, but the point is, support is still there.

Guest Mattivi

i think what he was getting at is that once they started cracking down on all the raves, which were predominantly young kids with their noses filled with vicks, pockets full of tricks kinda of thing. since raves are pretty much extinct it kinda of left a void in the sense that kids nowadays arent getting exposed to the music as much at that impressionable age.

Guest RzO

i think what he was getting at is that once they started cracking down on all the raves, which were predominantly young kids with their noses filled with vicks, pockets full of tricks kinda of thing. since raves are pretty much extinct it kinda of left a void in the sense that kids nowadays arent getting exposed to the music as much at that impressionable age.

this is true

but my take is that the music grew up as well, now dj's get paid alot and play in places with 100k sound and light rigs (or more whatever they cost, i like it ;D)

that progressed after the rave days, so if there was no market, then how did this happen, this is point i debate

Tiesto, PvD, Morillo- to me these 3 are the ones making the most, and who are they catering too?

not poor people, to go to a decent gig it costs money, a good point was made earlier about the reason that some of the same dj's come to space alot, is cause they PAY for themselves, at some point one has to agree that there is still a market, and the big names, like the old raves, help to bring the younger crowds in. what music scene they grow into is determined from this

i got into this music back in the rave days, no big name dj, just music, lights, people, and drugs, although i always loved edm, when i went to college i wasn't looking to go to some sketch illegal rave, and I happened to move to G-ville the year they passed the anti rave law, so the option of being in a legal venue after 2am wasn't there.

that is when the 2k trance movement came and brought money back in, i have been a supporter ever since, and have grown in all sort of ways since. be it musically and as a person. since then and till now there are alot of like minded people (hey look we have this board with a TON of them) i mean i listen to this music almost all the time, home, work, club, whatever, and so do alot of us, i live a normal life and the music is part of it, people who aren't into to it don't understand, they think oh that is drug music, well, perhaps to some it is, and maybe since it started out like that some will always relate it, but to MANY it is way more than that. It is not any different than xyz rock and roller's who are fucked up all the time, shit some of them gave up a guitar for some synths, and we all know many of dance producers who are classically trained in MUSIC, but no one says shit about that.

so maybe a part of the scene died, and maybe it is changing, but last time i checked, no matter what the business is, shit changes! and smart people have a reason to believe in or fight a change, i have always been a believer and it has never done me wrong

Guest Mattivi

the stuff you mentioned that progressed was the product and precipitation of that rave generation , people in the age demographic of about 25-35 now. now that the rave era is dead, and people of that era are getting older and moving on, that is why the scene is suffering, well at least on a local level. but i agree shit has changed and is forever evolving, what comes up must come down kinda thing.

Guest pod

Wouldn't surprise me. Out of all the dance music genres, house as a whole is the most accessible. Familiar song structures, vocals, girls like it, etc...

Guest RzO

the circle of life? :)

and music and every other thing, history is cyclic, it really is quite ironic...

Guest pod

People can doom and gloom dance or any other genre all they want, but things do turn around. Overall it's cyclic, but each cycle, there's something new. Look at mainstream rock music. 1990s saw the grunge version, it cycled away and came back with a more electronic influenced sound.

Guest ramon

Wouldn't surprise me. Out of all the dance music genres, house as a whole is the most accessible. Familiar song structures, vocals, girls like it, etc...

it's already happening .. listen to what's out there :)

i said housier not vocal house :P

Guest knebula

George Bush would be proud of all of you.......

this board is getting like the old Jerry Springer show

bunch of senselessnes and excellent entertainment...

keep it up guys.......

Guest lyrik
Can't wait to break in the new house this summer with a summer time jammy jam like I use to do in MIA...bet my neighbors are gonna LOOOOVE me ::) When I put my sound rig out on my second floor balcony facing my backyards and turn that shit up!

Dude, you're gonna get fucking shot. For real. Where do you live, exactly? I mean, what neighborhood/suburb?

I live in a city called Sachse (pronounced Saxy) right between Wylie and Garland in a subdivision called Woodbridge. I was tryting to find sme recent pics I just took of the house but all I could find were some older ones when it was still cold outside and one of the back not even finished yet...

House1-1.jpg

Backyard2.jpg

Backyard1.jpgHOUSE_002.jpg

only thing missing in the bbq's are the chicks...and not some dude's chick either...if "we" are gonna do another bbq, have people bring girls, a friend, or sluts, their own gf's don't count...

i can bring my bitches so everyone can have something to look at...

that way the girl/guy ratio is not like most previous parties where you had a girl to every 40 guys...

Guest pod

Diogo, that's what clubs are for. I'm organizing this as mainly a GTKY (getting to know you) sort of party. We've taken on a lot of new people in recent years, and it'd be nice to get to meet them outside of the club.

Though I don't object if the pimps bring their stables. As host representative though, I'll require 5% of all transactions.

Guest GoodLife

beautiful house, still thinking about last party at ur old house w/pool.

When is the next CJ BBQ w/strippers?