Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bitten by SJP

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lulamishka

Oooh, I heard about this on TV!

And I just saw that they're opening a Steve & Barry's at the Mall at 163rd on July 3rd! 8)

Guest web_norah

Why do people idolize SFP? I thought she was a very denigrating depiction of women.

because in Sex and the City, she was styled by two of the best, Patricia Field [Devil Wears Prada] and Rebecca Weinberg ...and looked great

and because she has a daring fashion sense, that's why.

Guest web_norah

And shes so cute and her character on that show was superb!

(yes, women do talk like that ALL the time)

and women relate to her ....

Guest coach

I don't know any women who talk like her. Or maybe I just don't associate with whiners. YOU guys certainly never act like that. But, maybe a lot of women do.

Guest web_norah

women's conversations aren't the same when there are men around...that's what (i think), we're referring to re: Sex and the City..and maybe that's why we like SJP.

a whiner? i am not sure, Carrie had issues, just like any other human being, what's so weird about that?

Guest coach

Ha ha. Some people have issues, Carrie had iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeees! I always figured it was something like watching Everybody Loves Raymond. It makes you feel better about yourself because you are so glad your life doesn't suck as much as theirs does. I mean, usually I like a good women's show as much as the next metrosexual, but I just couldn't handle her.

As far as her fashion, I always thought it looked like it was bought off the rack at Mervyn's, or something. Now, maybe SJP herself has better fashion than her character, but it always seems to be the characters' fashions referred to in most tabloids and fashion mags.

Guest lulamishka

women's conversations aren't the same when there are men around...that's what (i think), we're referring to re: Sex and the City..and maybe that's why we like SJP.

a whiner? i am not sure, Carrie had issues, just like any other human being, what's so weird about that?

I agree with ya, Norah!

Coach, if you were a woman you'd hear a LOT of different conversations than if you were around us as a man.

I think a lot of us identified with the 4 different characters on that show in some way shape or form. And I never saw Carrie as a whiner.

Guest web_norah

I agree with ya, Norah!

Coach, if you were a woman you'd hear a LOT of different conversations than if you were around us as a man.

I think a lot of us identified with the 4 different characters on that show in some way shape or form. And I never saw Carrie as a whiner.

yeah she wasn't a whiner. i think she was very human, real person and maybe thats why so many women enjoyed the candid talk and conversations over breakfast, dinner, drinks, i mean...who hasn't had them with their girlfriends? it's the best part of female friendships.

:)

Guest lulamishka

I agree with ya, Norah!

yeah she wasn't a whiner. i think she was very human, real person and maybe thats why so many women enjoyed the candid talk and conversations over breakfast, dinner, drinks, i mean...who hasn't had them with their girlfriends? it's the best part of female friendships.

Yup :)

the line looks kinda plain and boring to me. looks just like the other boring clothes u can find at all the other uniform shops like gap but cheaper. the only good thing about this is the b.s. they have behind the line which is sarah jessica parker. whoever approached her for this is really smart.

Guest coach

the line looks kinda plain and boring to me. looks just like the other boring clothes u can find at all the other uniform shops like gap but cheaper.

+1.

But mostly I just think it is funny how rabidly women will defend her.

I agree with ya, Norah!

I totally agree with everything these 2 ladies are saying, And its fund to get a guys perspective of the show.

As far as her line being boring. I like it that way, it keeps the prices down and then you can add your own personality to it. What I REALLY like is that she is making items to fit everyday women sizes 2-20. I cant shop in a lot of places because my chest doesnt fit into anything. I hope I can find some good fits in her line.

Guest coach
I cant shop in a lot of places because my chest doesnt fit into anything.

Okay, now you're just bragging!

Guest coach

Waaaaait a sec! You almost had me there, but weren't many of the episodes written and/or directed by men? If no men understand how women are, then how did they write female characters that women so identify with? The show was even created by a man!

Waaaaait a sec! You almost had me there, but weren't many of the episodes written and/or directed by men? If no men understand how women are, then how did they write female characters that women so identify with? The show was even created by a man!

No, they were written in a group setting by a bunch of women sitting around and talking about things that happened it their real lives but the director was male. (I believe he is gay). You should watch the DVD with the directors commentary on. I have the box set if you want to borrow one.