Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bitten by SJP

Guest coach

I probably should. I was just perusing the website and noticed that the writing and directing credits on quite a few of the episodes were male. But maybe they just did the dialog or something based on the conversations.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah

I probably should. I was just perusing the website and noticed that the writing and directing credits on quite a few of the episodes were male. But maybe they just did the dialog or something based on the conversations.

one of the directors and key writers is a man, Michael P King and yes he is gay but like Carisa says, there is a group of at least 5 women who collaborated in writing Sex and the City (they even wrote the book, He Is Just Not That Into You] ...

honestly, it doesn't matter - the show was a huge success because women related to it --whether it was written by a gay man or a women

Guest coach

Absolutely true, Norah, that was my point. Just because I'm a man, does not mean, de facto, that I do not understand women.

Absolutely true, Norah, that was my point. Just because I'm a man, does not mean, de facto, that I do not understand women.

This is true, but you cant deny the fact that MOST womens conversations with men (friends or otherwise) are different than those with women. But we still luff you, Coach. :)

Guest JMT

SJP probably influenced womens' fashion from SATC as much as Crockett and Tubbs did for men in the 80's on Miami Vice.

when the show was on, a few girls told me they would regularly spot women who copied SJPs outfits from that week's show.

Guest coach

This is true, but you cant deny the fact that MOST womens conversations with men (friends or otherwise) are different than those with women. But we still luff you, Coach. :)

Maybe you should invite me to more of your "girl" talks, then I'd understand better!

Maybe you should invite me to more of your "girl" talks, then I'd understand better!

Your hair doesnt make you a "bitch". LOL!

Guest coach

Your hair doesnt make you a "bitch". LOL!

I dunno, there's a lot of people who'd disagree with you on that! Or maybe they weren't calling me that because of my hair...

Guest flux

I think it's going to be cool because it's affordable. A lot of times I'll look at Cosmo (I know, I know) and the clothes they show will be like $420 for a tank top. Fortunately, my husband and I make a decent living, and decided to hold off on kids for the sake of spoiling ourselves. Even still, I can't see spending such ridiculously high prices. Sometimes window shopping in Miami bothers me because as a financially stable and fashionably conscious 28-year-old woman, I could never afford most things I see. I like the idea that a celebrity (who grew up poor btw) is creating a "real" line of clothing for real women.

Also, as a bartender, I witnessed the great cosmopolitan outbreak of 2001.

Guest flux

Well I didn't say it would be the highest quality, but hey, sometimes you just need a black tank top or a brown jacket and you don't feel like breaking the bank. A lot of girls will attest to the fact that sometimes you buy clothes knowing it's not going to last very long. It's good to have everyday lay-around clothes, and if you were to buy sweatpants at a South Beach botique, they could run you $200+.

As for Mervyns, lol! Does it even still exist? I remember going there (was it at the Cutler Ridge mall) when visiting my grandmother when I was little.

Guest Floribel

Sometimes window shopping in Miami bothers me because as a financially stable and fashionably conscious 28-year-old woman, I could never afford most things I see.

I hear ya!

Guest coach

Well I didn't say it would be the highest quality, but hey, sometimes you just need a black tank top or a brown jacket and you don't feel like breaking the bank. A lot of girls will attest to the fact that sometimes you buy clothes knowing it's not going to last very long. It's good to have everyday lay-around clothes, and if you were to buy sweatpants at a South Beach botique, they could run you $200+.

See, that's my point. I mean, I totally agree about the tank or jacket, or what have you. Sometimes you just need a little something and don't need to break the bank. But why not just go to Marshall's or Ross? Is Bitten going to be better quality?

Guest flux

See, that's my point. I mean, I totally agree about the tank or jacket, or what have you. Sometimes you just need a little something and don't need to break the bank. But why not just go to Marshall's or Ross? Is Bitten going to be better quality?

No, probably not, but Ross and Marshalls are just icky sometimes. Of course I do go there from time to time, but the element is less than desirable and the clothes are all cheap and sad looking. The check out line alone is enough to keep me out of those places. At least this store will probably be clean and upbeat.

Guest coach

Okay, all valid points! Now, we're getting somewhere. So, we are talking about a line that is around Marshalls/Ross in price, is decent quality, and is sold in nicer stores. How does it compare to something like Sears or Macy's? Those seem like decent stores, and prices aren't too astronomical, usually.

Guest flux

To be honest, I haven't been in the Sears clothing department in years, so I can't comment on that.

I do shop at Macy's a lot, however. Their clothes are in my price range, however the prices can be up there. For instance, I bought a shirt there last week for $48. That's reasonable enough, but it's a lot to some people. Most dresses (not like prom-type dresses) there are from $50 - $150.

The SJP store will be for people who may not necessarily have or want to spend so much. Maybe you'll need a simple black dress that would be $80 at Macy's but $30 at this store. Another point is the assumption that since SJP is such a fashion icon, she wouldn't put out a crappy, unstylish line. Yes, the clothes may be basic, but they're probably better than the unveven sleeved shirts and stained dresses you'll find at Ross.

Guest coach

WOW! I had no idea the SJP line would be so inexpensive. I guess we'll see on the quality. So, when is the store opening??? In Miami there should be a big party for it.

Guest flux

Not sure when it's opening in Miami, but I just read that the prices should be around $20 for each item. This is a good option for college students and kid's whose parents don't love them ;D

Guest Electric Eel

Im very excited for this but I cant believe its going to be in the 163rd street mall of all places.

Guest coach

Im very excited for this but I cant believe its going to be in the 163rd street mall of all places.

O. M. G. Sounds like someone chose their location without doing any scouting in person!

Actually, last time we went by there, it looked like they were doing some major renovation.