Clubplanet Nightlife Community

?????

Guest knebula

Guest pod

Well shit, back at the homestead, we had ISDN before it stood for It Still Does Nothing. I managed to download sets ages before it became vogue, and on a bloody command line too. No fancy GUI for me.

My first "club night" if you wanna split hairs was pumping a big ass WAV file through a sound system with a beat up smoke machine to some drunks from my local correct thought indoctrination facility. Ain't public education wonderful? 300 students and 5 people showed up to hear "this techno set by Keoki I got". They didn't understand "download" in 1994. Of course the sound system was surplus from the parental units (hey, Dad's an audiophile), and the fog machine was American DJ (hey, throw an Antari logo on it, they won't know!), but it passed off as something cool.

Stole and bought dance tracks from a local record shop, got tired of the shit, moved to Miami under the guise of getting an education, and here I am, the pissed off guy with the camera.

I want to say Zei club also known as Glow, mid to late 90s, sophomore-junior in HS.

Almost 10 years ago for me.

that's hilarious-same with me. i started going there when i was 15, 11 years ago, and then promoted some events there for a company named sigma entertainment. what dj's would even spin there back then?

then some clubs in greece

but first real event in which i went strictly for the dj was oakenfold@nations/buzz thanksgiving 2000. i will never forget that night and the energy in that place.

all the big trance djs...since as you know there was no house back in those days with the exception of 5th n buzz, but house was not that big up there in those days.

in fact i believe when space started having their friday trance/techno nights at the old space, the following night those dj's that spun at space would spin @ glow, same thing when imsomnia was around.

i believe i was @ buzz when oakenfold went there, was that when they still did the foam parties at the outside decks? that place was so focking big.

Guest Marina22

Circa 1997, some small club, Trios ( I believe), in Fort Lauderdale to listen to a bit of Strom before I left cause it was too crowded, *couch cough. Also, went to the Edge a couple of short times. My most memorable times were actually with friends playing some dance music at someone's house, on a boom box, or in someone's car and chillin' at the local beach listening to Keoki or something..

BTW, who was the Fever crew?

Guest djjoncowan

kitchen club - late 80's (wow i feel old) - that place was amazing... the memories are a bit foggy but lets just say I know it was a blast... anyone else remember the kitchen? that dark dingy industrial room with that patio on the back right on the beach (21st) - what a place

Guest joec

jon, i swear its a wonder we didnt meet sooner. i was at the kitchen in the late 80's as well. got my fake id taken from me by a bouncer once there.... hahaha

Guest michael^heaven

Visage, Orlando....late '89 or '90. I cannot recall who was mixing but it was mostly Wax Trax stuff...Nitzer Ebb, Front 242, etc. Plus a lot of Depeche Mode, New Order, Cure, & so on.

Guest knebula

kitchen club - late 80's (wow i feel old) - that place was amazing... the memories are a bit foggy but lets just say I know it was a blast... anyone else remember the kitchen? that dark dingy industrial room with that patio on the back right on the beach (21st) - what a place

The Kitchen was the place to be for anything associated with electronic music at that time....very grimmy place...I forget the name of the hotel ( but you are right, it was right on the beach) You had to go through a basement ......I think--to get into that place.

Guest michael^heaven

One of the main party organizations in SFL back in the early to mid '90's. Along with the Lollipop Guild. ;)

Guest 4040

One of the main party organizations in SFL back in the early to mid '90's. Along with the Lollipop Guild. ;)

The Lollipop Guild were cool but Fever were a bunch of Miami thugs. These guys would go to parties strictly to battle people in a bad way and sell fake pills at times. Johnny Dominguez was the head of the crew and was known for scamming people and giving out beat downs. It turns out he was later murdered outside of alleycat and thrown into the trash bin. He was probably killed by........ Well thats a whole other story.

Guest myles hie

Circa 1997, some small club, Trios ( I believe),

Trios....helll naw! Trios was pretty big though 2 rooms and the bridge like room connecting the 2. Wow, thats a blast from the past!

Guest 4040

Circa 1997, some small club, Trios ( I believe),

Trios....helll naw! Trios was pretty big though 2 rooms and the bridge like room connecting the 2. Wow, thats a blast from the past!

Commercial BLVD baby. ;)

Guest endymion

In the states, Simon's. 1996.

Me too!

Although I don't remember the year, or much about the night, because I did it right. I think it was closer to like 93 or 94.

Guest djjoncowan

don't forget about "generic soul productions" (vaughan and I) we were throwing events before and during the fever and l.g. crew bringing in acts like dj dan, carl cox, dimitri and oni from deelight, kimball collins, and andy hughes to name a few.. that was like 91 maybe 92

Guest djjoncowan

jon, i swear its a wonder we didnt meet sooner. i was at the kitchen in the late 80's as well. got my fake id taken from me by a bouncer once there.... hahaha

we may have... LOL - those days are very foggy - lol - get in touch bud - been way to long since we've hung out joe - hope your well

Guest GoodLife

I'm shocked you even own up to that, Bling. I think the deep house KGB is keeping a file on you now. Crimes against the state, that sort of thing.

LOL

Guest jamu

A couple of guys by the name of Oscar and Ralph went to Puerto Rico during my undergrad days and I got hooked on the music for life. ;D

Guest Marina22

The name sounded familiar but like I said I wasn't that into the actual clubs just went to a few and knew a few.. I was trying to graduate H.S. at the time so I had to be more responsible than most of my crew at the time. I remember there being a crew called the "Ate-Ups", lol. :P ??? ::)

Guest djjoncowan

The name sounded familiar but like I said I wasn't that into the actual clubs just went to a few and knew a few.. I was trying to graduate H.S. at the time so I had to be more responsible than most of my crew at the time. I remember there being a crew called the "Ate-Ups", lol. :P ??? ::)

it was actually "all8up" - LOL - that was a part of generic soul productions started by myself and vaughn lazar - too f'ing funny - forgot about the "all8up" events... LOL

Guest JMT

i dont really remember, but might have been Baja Beach Club, off Oakland Park Blvd - '94 or so. i also remember hitting Trio's with my high school girlfriend. Flirts in WPB too.

:P

Guest DigitalPhoenix

A hell-a-bad-ass joint called "The Institute" at the beach,

early 91-92 maybe?

Truly industrial feel, never got to know who the dj was, but he

rocked Depeche Mode b-sides like it was no ones business.

Couches and the stage added a unique feel to it.

The ORIGINAL Kitchen at the beach was a second choice ;D