Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bob Sinclar @ Mansion - Sat, 7/7/07

Guest JMT

I like they guy as a dj, he def brings the party, but Mansion's display suck. Not worth it IMO.

I dont like the guy as a dj, but i know he has to make a living.

To me he's just another bandwagoner just like TS, and Lawler...if u hear sinclar's stuff from the back in the day and compare to it now, you would be comparing apples to oranges...except most people wouldn't know the difference, nor would they care if they like mainly commercial top 10 tracks.

For instance take PVD...famous global trance dj for many years, now he's playing electro. Im not hating on electro, or any dj that plays it either, as i go and support many local events.

Im all about dj's sticking to their roots.

I enjoy listening to variety and different genres, why go pay for a cheesy electro dj when i can go support the locals that play the same if not better type of music. The girl ratio might not be the same, but i don't have a problem in that dept.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach
The girl ratio might not be the same, but i don't have a problem in that dept.

Yeah, I've heard that about you.

Guest dre4

I like they guy as a dj, he def brings the party, but Mansion's display suck. Not worth it IMO.

I dont like the guy as a dj, but i know he has to make a living.

To me he's just another bandwagoner just like TS, and Lawler...if u hear sinclar's stuff from the back in the day and compare to it now, you would be comparing apples to oranges...except most people wouldn't know the difference, nor would they care if they like mainly commercial top 10 tracks.

For instance take PVD...famous global trance dj for many years, now he's playing electro. Im not hating on electro, or any dj that plays it either, as i go and support many local events.

Im all about dj's sticking to their roots.

I enjoy listening to variety and different genres, why go pay for a cheesy electro dj when i can go support the locals that play the same if not better type of music. The girl ratio might not be the same, but i don't have a problem in that dept.

couldn't have said it better. i've been known to hate. the way i see sinclair etc is like going to a concert. you go to hear the songs u know from them. fun ass party, great vibe, total debauchery, and phenomenal women, but technically speaking, they have no talent. anyone can go drop those tracks out there and not worry about set structure, mixing, etc. to each their own as always, and like many here have said, it's the commercial music that keeps the underground alive.

Guest lulamishka

Have fun bitches, and Lee dont let Lula stick you in the booth all night this time. LOL!

No worries! It was just for that one time! :)

Guest Major

I would go if I had a chance to punch Sinclar in the face. If I hear World hold on, or Love Generation one more time, I'm going to lose it.

It's not Bob's fault. Punch the Djs who play these records. ;D

Guest Fuerte44

To me he's just another bandwagoner just like TS, and Lawler...

ok....lawler is a bandwagoner now? gag me....i suppose if he was still rocking the lights out vol 1 tribal sound hed be cool right? hed staying with that whole innovative "miami/NY" sound right? please....

if anyone went to lawler for wmc they would all agree that he is rocking some of the better tech out there right now....clean sleazy minimal tech house...new innovative shit that so many guys have been doing for some time(see any artist lineup from DEMF), but somehow cant find a crowd in miami....which is our fault not theirs...

so he develops his new sound and takes influences from detroit and berlin and hes a bandwagoner? sorry lawler isnt "all4tribalism" anymore....some artists like to grow with the times and stay current and refreshing (although id admit that it took a good 3 years for lawler to transition into the new era of edm)....

pisses me off that someone would call lawler a bandwagoner when living in a city full of club residents who are nothing but that....

take some time and listen to his opening at space this summer and maybe then youd see its not bandwagoning...its great tech...something that miami is long over due for....how many times do we need to hear yet another remix of "i need someone".....more like "i need someone to play some new music"

you go to space and hear the same fucking set everyweekend...if it wasnt for oscar and patty playing a few tech tracks here and there we could all safely say that we live in 2002 still....

get on with it miami....breakdowns and vocals and electro synth basslines fucking SUCK, THEY ARE OLD....its so embarrasing to know that this asshole bob sinclar will come to mansion and sell out the joint....i came to miami for a edm scene 5 yrs ago....and somehow i feel like it was a bad decision...

i can understand the bitches who love the whole mystique of guys like sinclar and guetta...but there has to come a time where music taste overides the preferable soundtrack of bottle bunnies and table whores....

i know steve bug or villalobos can make you girls dance harder than any cheesed out asshole like sinclar can

Guest musicalmissionary

ok....lawler is a bandwagoner now? gag me....i suppose if he was still rocking the lights out vol 1 tribal sound hed be cool right? hed staying with that whole innovative "miami/NY" sound right? please....

if anyone went to lawler for wmc they would all agree that he is rocking some of the better tech out there right now....clean sleazy minimal tech house...new innovative shit that so many guys have been doing for some time(see any artist lineup from DEMF), but somehow cant find a crowd in miami....which is our fault not theirs...

so he develops his new sound and takes influences from detroit and berlin and hes a bandwagoner? sorry lawler isnt "all4tribalism" anymore....some artists like to grow with the times and stay current and refreshing (although id admit that it took a good 3 years for lawler to transition into the new era of edm)....

pisses me off that someone would call lawler a bandwagoner when living in a city full of club residents who are nothing but that....

take some time and listen to his opening at space this summer and maybe then youd see its not bandwagoning...its great tech...something that miami is long over due for....how many times do we need to hear yet another remix of "i need someone".....more like "i need someone to play some new music"

you go to space and hear the same fucking set everyweekend...if it wasnt for oscar and patty playing a few tech tracks here and there we could all safely say that we live in 2002 still....

get on with it miami....breakdowns and vocals and electro synth basslines fucking SUCK, THEY ARE OLD....its so embarrasing to know that this asshole bob sinclar will come to mansion and sell out the joint....i came to miami for a edm scene 5 yrs ago....and somehow i feel like it was a bad decision...

i can understand the bitches who love the whole mystique of guys like sinclar and guetta...but there has to come a time where music taste overides the preferable soundtrack of bottle bunnies and table whores....

i know steve bug or villalobos can make you girls dance harder than any cheesed out asshole like sinclar can

+1

Lawler blew me away last time he was at Space (pre-conference) and even moreso at the impromptu party at Buck15 that Sunday night.

You're way off on lumping Lawler in with those cheesy poofs tall-man.

Guest dre4

true that about lawler. i loved him from the mid 90's to 2004 or so. then i think he jumped on the electro bandwagon like everyone else, but unlike everyone else he emerged stronger than ever. i respect people who stick to their roots, but at the same time, i also believe that aritsts should also push the boundaries of innovation and experiment with new music. i tend to look at lawler's "sell out-electro" sound as experimentation. it helped him find himself and emerge into the position he is in now.

Guest lulamishka

Wow... "bottle bunnies and table whores"? While I understand that that kind of element will be there at Mansion on this night, I am NOT some fucking bottle bunny or table whore. Fuck, I hardly ever get table service! So you can go fuck yourself!

You all like the music that you like... for whatever reason that you like it... I like Bob Sinclar and Guetta and whoever else you want to lump into this category because, you know what, the music I hear them play is IMO feelgood, have a good time, get your party on type of music... nothing serious! So what if its Bob Sinclar! You all can you have your DJ So & So... I'll be at Mansion having a grand old time with my friends! Say what you want to say about Bob Sinclar, but he's doing a lot more for the future of dance music by bringing it to the masses than a lot of these other DJs. So at the very least you can give a lil' respect, regardless of whether its your cup of tea or not.

But ya know what, CrzyC said it more simply:

Dont like it? Dont go! Simple.

It just so happens that I like to type a lot.

Guest Buck White

TS ??? ??? ??? ??? I've been killing myself......who the f*ck is TS ?

Guest ramon

TS ??? ??? ??? ??? I've been killing myself......who the f*ck is TS ?

Tom Stephan

Guest Marina22

I thought you were bottle puppies, not bunnies.

That's what I was thinking don't taint Talmage's term, it's puppies goddamn it! ;) You guys get so worked up about this. ::) Sinclar I would go see if it was free, I had a table, or he was doing an Afrikanism set, I just boycott Mansion for now , esp. on a Fri./Sat. Btw, people check out the Live Earth concerts if you are home. Also, I still think Lawler kicks ass. :-* Listen2Haus, link for that Space opening set plz?

Guest Buck White
I just boycott Mansion for now , esp. on a Fri./Sat.

I agree. I've been there once....and that was enough for me. In fact, if Mansion was a person....and it shat on itself....I still wouldnt go.

Guest Fuerte44

yea actually i knew it was talmage's term so i didnt want to rip it off...hence my own rendition = bottle bunnies....

i actually heard it out in vegas...go figure.....

i didnt want to insult anyone on here by saying that because i dont think any bottle bunny or puppy spends time on this board....so please dont take offense...

i was commenting on the general audience that many have spoke about at events like this at venues such as mansion, cameo set, etc.....that seem to distract our club owners and promoters to bring in the same style of entertainer versus keeping the heads happy every once in a while with a solid non commercial booking....

i just got a little ticked off when someone bashed my man Lawler....and by the way in regards to his set...i believe its still up in the music section under june DJ sets....its a part of the Space Ibiza opening with carl cox....let me know if u cant find it and ill upload it

Guest Marina22

yea actually i knew it was talmage's term so i didnt want to rip it off...hence my own rendition = bottle bunnies....

i actually heard it out in vegas...go figure.....

i didnt want to insult anyone on here by saying that because i dont think any bottle bunny or puppy spends time on this board....so please dont take offense...

i was commenting on the general audience that many have spoke about at events like this at venues such as mansion, cameo set, etc.....that seem to distract our club owners and promoters to bring in the same style of entertainer versus keeping the heads happy every once in a while with a solid non commercial booking....

i just got a little ticked off when someone bashed my man Lawler....and by the way in regards to his set...i believe its still up in the music section under june DJ sets....its a part of the Space Ibiza opening with carl cox....let me know if u cant find it and ill upload it

Huh, funny they use bunnies over there but I am biased and prefer T's puppies reference. ;) Yes, I never downloaded that one, thanks for the heads up. 8)