Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oddest behavior I ever seen of someone trying to get a cab

Guest mr.miami

Guest mr.miami

So I went out on Thursday at cameo had a blast and stayed till about 2:30 am. The music was great but when I left there was a hell of a down pour. I even saw one of the man hole covers floating on water. Anyway this guy comes out with his girl and he tries to get the attention of a taxi driver. And he is screaming at the taxi driver to come out of his taxi and open the door for them so they can get in the taxi with pouring rain outside. Are some people really that ignorant down here that they expect the taxi driver to get out of his car in the pouring rain just to open the door for them? Of course the taxi driver wouldnt and drove off it was just bizarre hearing this guy out loud telling his girl that the taxi driver has to open the door for them. Anyone else notice things like that or know people that behave like that?

Guest pod

Taxi service is such a hit-or-miss affair here in Miami. When I need to, I have 2 or 3 drivers I can call if I need to.

Guest bootstah

that's pretty damn ridiculous, only if i've rented a car/driver for the evening then of course you'd expect the driver to come out and handle the door situation, but to expect a taxi driver to do it is just damn funny.

Guest endymion

Anyone else notice things like that or know people that behave like that?

Holy cow no. I've lived here a while now and seen a lot of bizarre behavior but nothing quite that rude. You notice any particular accent on the guy?

Guest swank

Anyone else notice things like that or know people that behave like that?

Holy cow no. I've lived here a while now and seen a lot of bizarre behavior but nothing quite that rude. You notice any particular accent on the guy?

yeah....'machonese'

Guest coach

Nice, Buck.

On topic, one thing I would really like to see is some better way to determine if a cab is full or not. I've hailed probably 1000 full cabs to get 1 empty one. And I see people doing it all the time every day. I know there is a tiny light on top or something, but how about something a bit more obvious. It would save everyone a LOT of trouble.

Does Miami have "car services" like New York? Seems like if you want your door opened, you should call one of those.

Guest endymion

On topic, one thing I would really like to see is some better way to determine if a cab is full or not.

If they stop to pick you up then they're not full.

Guest pod

Not always. Sometimes they'll bypass you if they're on a call-out.

The little green indicator is hard to see and doesn't work half the time. Plus, it works in "reverse", i.e. it is lit when the cab is occupied. I would think it should light up if the cab is available.

Guest endymion

I didn't say that if they don't stop then they're full. I said if they do stop then they're not full.

Well known fact: it's harder to get a cab in the rain. Cabbies do more business and get better tips in the rain, so they make as much money as they need to make and stop earlier on nights when it's raining.