Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Quick PC repair shop question

I took my pc to a local computer shop about a month or so ago, due to my computer not booting up correctly, well the dude said he would back up everything, ect...so what he did was switch out my old hd with his hard drive, than he moved 50-70% of the files to "his" hard drive(the one currently in my pc) and told me all the files were under my documents, which till this day i have not found them.

my question is...since he gave me his hd, can i still have my old hd regardless if it works or not? im missing alot of files that he never backed up on, just worried since it's been a while i hope he still has my old hd.

regards

Guest pod

He should have given it back to you regardless of the condition of the old hardware.

We had a drive crash on us last year, and when they did the recovery, they sent the old one back to us.

Guest xbbdc

i dont see a reason as to why he would not give it back.. he is either going to try to format it and re-sell it or throw it away. there is no other use for it.

Guest jbit

the fact that he's in posession of something with all your personal documents in it, is reason alone to ask for it back.

Guest swirlundergrounder

The only reason they don't give hard drives back is when the hard drive is totally worthless or beyond repair if you return the hard drive to the original manufacturer and they replace it with a new one.

In those are rare cases.

In your case, you should have gotten back your hard drive.

Hopfully what you had on there was not very important info that you could live without. Otherwise data recovery is going to cost you several thousand dollars...