Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Tipping?

Guest coach

Guest eroc0411

Here is a more general question: Does tipping even work? Why do we have tipping in this country, combined with the fact that most service personnel, particularly waitstaff are way underpaid?

This is always my thought, if I undertip for bad service, will that really affect the way that server treats the next customer? Or rather, will they just go back and think that I am a cheapo bastard and spit in the next person's food? If I undertip consistently due to consistent bad service, will the service quality increase?

The converse question is true, as well. Does overtipping really create better service? Well, this I know is sometimes true, but primarily in clubs with door people and bartenders. I have had this happen at some eateries, but not often. Usually the wait staff rolls over so fast that you cannot get a regular person.

Anyway, it is an interesting subject and relates to our economy as a whole. Most of the time, I tip heavily mainly because I feel bad for the servers. I know that they are legally underpaid by the restaurants, which I think is totally inappropriate.

u should tip on service...

I've been in the service industrie my whole professional career..

And the only way ppl learn on how 2 better serve is if their pockets suffer... If the waiter suxs , and the bus boy is attentive, brings water a few times TIP him/her $5. Chances r they'll be there the next time n will tell the waitstaff ur a good $ person... It's a trickle down affect u know.. ALways tip the bathroom ppl!!!! Expect the one's at mansion... Those guys expect $2 dollars 4 a single piece of gum... Its happend a few times... Not a fluke!!! So fuck them! lol atleast at mansion make sure u get ur money's worth.. cologne, gum, lollipop, gel, hand lotion.. wash ur hands twice just 2 piss him off!!!!!!!