Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Social Miami

Guest lulamishka

Good Gravy this place is delish and the staff is very attentive. I cant wait to go back for a Miami Spice dinner.

Lula, John, Lee...post your more detailed reviews. :)

My mind isn't operating at full speed yet to give a more detailed review, but man oh man! I can't wait to go back to this place!! Thinking about the food there is making me salivate! Mmmmmmm I definitely recommend!

And uhh, Carisa, I don't have this confirmed, but... on OpenTable it mentions they serve BREAKFAST?!?!

Guest macboy

Since it's in a hotel I'd say it's probable. Do they have any other restaurants in there?

BTW, agreed on the place. Food is great, and during high season the joint is jumpin'.

Guest JMT

i'm only an amateur, so i'll cede the line item review for the professional foodies, i.e. Mishka and Lee. i will say this, however, before going to Social i was told to go Kobe Sliders or go home. well, i not only went them and whole lot more, but they were phenomenal. it was just my luck that they were one of only a couple items that survived their recent menu renovation.

i thought the food was outstanding. out of maybe 5 or 6 items i sampled, there was only one (the lamb) which didn't blow my skirt up. perhaps eaten by itself it might have been good by lamb standards, but the rest of the food set the bar so high it was lacking in comparison.

in synopsis, it was one of the more enjoyable meals i've had on south beach. the food is so tasty you just want to suck on it to savor it.

2 forks up!

Guest Electric Eel

Ok lets see if i'm awake enough yet to write this.

After having been to Social Miami twice already I kept bringing it up as a place that we needed to go eat at. I had items on the menu that I was dying for them to try and to eat myself. However, when we finally made it there this past weekend they had just put together a new menu. At first I have to say that looking at the new menu I was quite disappointed compared to all the choices on the old menu. But my mind was definitely changed once we had our dinner. Michelle, John and I decided to do a 3 way over dinner, woohooo, lol. So we chose 6 items to share between the 3 of us. We started off with the Crab Stuffed Deviled eggs, we had these at Taste of the Nation and knew it was something we just had to order. They were as delicious as we remembered, something that should be ordered whenever you go. Next we had a Marinated Goat Cheese which came with Roasted Garlic, Olive Tapenade and 3 pieces of toasted bread. It was very good, the 3 different flavors blended so well together however I felt it was something I could have easily put together at home. Also, we had tons of garlic, cheese and tapenade left over with nothing left to spread them on, definitely should have been served with more little toasts. Next we moved on to their famed Kobe Sliders, this was the one item that they carried over from their old menu. After the first bite I totally understood why. I believe if I remember correctly it was served on one of those Hawaiian rolls and it had grilled onions and provolone cheese on it. The meat was so very flavorful, definitely one of the best tasting sliders or even full size burgers that i've ever had. We then moved on to the Caribbean Lobster Yakitori. I thought it was tasty but Michelle and John ranked this one higher then I did. I guess because I had the lobster skewers they had on their old menu which in my opinion had tasted better. However they were served with some Edamame on the side, yummm! I normally order edamame whenever I go eat sushi but here they went ahead and must have boiled it in butter or something, they were delicious! Of course by doing that they lost all their health benefits but if it was possible I would have ordered a whole bowl of edamame. Then we moved on to our 2 meat dishes. By recommendation of our waiter we ordered what they called the Tornado Beef Rossini. Big ups to our waiter for recommending it, I think it was all of our favorite dish. It was pretty much a filet mignon served with potatoes au grautin. This was the most delicate flavorful piece of meat I had ever tasted! We all cut it up into little pieces in order to savor every morsel of flavor. If you only are able to get one item I recommend it be this one. The potatoes weren't too flavorful but if you mixed them on the same bite with the meat it was perfect. I know it sounds like a lot of food already but the dishes are very small. We felt that after all that we still needed one more dish to satisfy our hunger. After much deliberation we went with the Lamb Chops served with Garlic mashed potatoes. The lamb chops were tasty but after eating the Rossini we were left a bit disappointed. I think had we ordered this before the Rossini we would have loved it but our palettes were already tainted.

Overall I give the food an A. Social Miami is definitely a place that I will be going back to and recommend to friends. My only 2 complaints were that the AC had broken before we got there and it was very hot were we were sitting. The management tried their best to appease us by bringing shots to the whole table as well as free dessert but when you are hot you are hot. My other complaint was that once our waiter had another large party seated we kind of disappeared in his mind. Thankfully there were many others on the wait staff that helped us but I still didn't like that feeling of being rejected for a "better" table. Despite my 2 complaints I still highly recommend Social Miami at the Sagamore. We are already planning a trip back in September for Miami Spice. ;D

Guest lulamishka

So I wrote up a review for Social, but its so long that I can't post it in one shot. lol :-[

Perhaps I'll try to edit it some more later and post it. 'Cause I don't think you all will read a two-post review.

Guest lulamishka

This is supplementing what has already been said by Carisa, John and Lee:

You know I really like a restaurant when I'm as excited as a kid at Disney for the first time. And this was one of those times. I probably even annoyed some of my friends at the dinner table with how many times I said aloud how much I was enjoying myself. So with that being said, Social Miami is my kind of place to eat. I love having a variety of food to taste, whether its shared appetizers, an entree plus a dessert, or any other combo of sorts. Leaving me with one entree and nothing else is pretty boring and I try not to do that unless I'm really on a budget. So, at Social Miami all dishes are designed as tasting portions for 2-3 people. Yay for me!

Like Lee, I have to admit I was a tad disappointed upon hearing that they had an entirely new menu, save for the Kobe Beef Sliders. I was really looking forward to trying their Lobster Nachos and their Mac & Cheese (with manchego cheese & serrano ham). Though once I got over my disappointment, there was a whole bunch of new items that piqued my interest! Speaking of interesting, not only do they serve wine by the glass and by the bottle, they also serve wine by the taste. I've never seen that done before, but I guess it is in line with the menu items being designed as tasting portions.

Overall I was very impressed with the food! Here's my breakdown:

Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs: First plate we ordered and it was delish! It had a nice mixture of the egg, the crab and the Russian dressing.

Marinated Goat Cheese & Roasted Garlic: I have to agree with Lee that it could have come with more toast. We ended up making a mixed concoction of the leftover olive tapenade, roasted garlic and goat cheese that was on the plate and just ate it with our forks. Still good, but more toast would have been better.

Kobe Beef Sliders: Definitely yummy! And yes, it did taste like it was on that Hawaiian bread. And I believe it was gruyère cheese and not provolone that was on them. The plate also came with all the fixings: ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce and tomato.

Caribbean Lobster Yakitori (with scallions and a side of edamame): I like yakitori and to have it with lobster is a nice change. The Caribbean sauce was nice and sweet, but the scallions I could have probably done without. I ate it all anyway to have the whole experience. And the cooked edamame added a nice and salty touch.

Tournado of Beef Rossini: I have to give big ups to our server, as well, for recommending this. I was a little hesitant to go with his suggestion, but I am sure glad we did! The filet was so tasty. You really wanted to savor every bite of it.

I have to say, on an individual level, all of the items on the plates blended very well together. In this case, the Tournado of Beef Rossini with the potatoes au gratin. Absolutely worth it. I swear, the flavor of the food seemed to progressively increase as dinner went on. So, of course, we couldn't stop there. We wanted one last item before dessert.

Lamb Chops with Garlic Mashed Potatoes: As was already mentioned, they were tasty, but after the flavor buildup of all the previous dishes, climaxing with the Tournado of Beef Rossini, this was a bit of a disappointment. The lamb chops could have had a lil' more flavor, but when eaten along with the garlic mashed potatoes, the saltiness of the potatoes helped to add to where the lamb chops were lacking. On top of that, they were a bit on the fatty side, which I can handle, but they also weren't very big lamb chops to begin with. And I'm not one to eat the fat on a piece of meat - I cut around it. Had we known better, we would have gotten this dish earlier or not at all.

With all that delicious food, there was no way I could end without dessert! At least not me. So I split the Molten Chocolate Cake with pistachio ice cream. My God it feels like a lot of restaurants use this combo now! Honestly, the chocolate cake wasn't anything to write home about. It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't moist enough. I also got to try their version of a sundae and some cheesecake, as Management ended up bringing us extra desserts for the table. They were just okay, nothing mouth watering. So, needless to say, I wasn't overly impressed. It satisfied my sweet tooth, but in the future I just may pass on dessert at Social.

Overall, I have to give my experience at Social Miami an A. I was not as uncomfortable (luckily) as others were at the table with the AC having issues. And I didn't notice that our server had neglected us. Ha, perhaps that was because those cosmopolitans I had were taking effect. I felt more like we were VIPs since we had met the head server & manager at Taste of the Nation and that had helped us have a round of shots & dessert on the house and be tended to by many on the wait staff! And the food... so tasty! I also have to give props to Social for being able to take care of a large party with 24 hours notice. We almost had a birthday fiasco! And for that, I am grateful. Bravo for saving the day!

Great food + great drinks + great company = such a great time. I absolutely recommend it. If you want to save on money, definitely try them for Miami Spice. Their Spice menu has a good variety of the regular menu items, including some of the ones we had that night. I really look forward to going back.