Clubplanet Nightlife Community

An opinion of Miami...

Guest pod

Guest RzO

funny how he says he has to go to West Palm for good customer service, and that it is a two hour drive. Weird I drive to miami like every other week in an hour, sometimes less. Anyway yah no shit there is ghetto's.

Every city's beauty has some filth once you scratch the surface, its the way it is. We have the island of Palm Beach here, and about 3 minutes west is the ghetto of tamirand, which ranks in the top national ghettos for murder and crime. The fucking gov't has sent a task force here to try to quell it with no real progress. A perfect example of one of the richest areas in the nation per capita chock next to one of the poorest. The way it is everywhere!

I like miami, fuck I love miami, but i don't go to the ghetto and complain, its like going to a vegan complaining that they don't have steak. Why the fuck would you even go!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Buck White

buck you need to be straightened out here. ok let's start from scratch...

i asked pod if he wrote this. i was joking. pod knew i was joking. you didn't know, but that's ok. then you go off on your tangent about a pair of something or another, attacking me personally.

now you're back on the original topic but saying everyone is ganging up on you because you are being honest about miami. this is incorrect. you need to read carefully, and (if possible) between the lines.

i don't think your synapses are firing correctly.

1. Lie 2. That was hardly a tangent 3. I'd hardly call that an attack 4. I never said anyone was ganging up on me and never once felt that way. You're referring to a hypothetical. But that's o.k....you didnt know. 5. I can read between lines. Especially yours because one line is about all your posts ever consist of. That and copious amounts of doo doo jokes 6. My synapses are firing fine.

man, you're like the annoying little brother i never had

Looks like someone slipped on their own sh*t. You were the one that was going to do the straightening out ? Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft. Laughable. You didnt do it here and I'll give you twenty to one odds you can't do it in person. Stick to the fecalphiliac jokes and try not to get so offended. People get disrespected on these board everyday. But just so we can put an end to this....O.K, the guys a douchebag....blah blah blah...there ARE beautiful parts of Miami....blah blah....annoying brother....( yawn ).....insert poo poo joke here....( yawn ).....Buck's not gonna win the Miss Congeniality award anytime soon...blah blah.....you're off topic when responding to JMT....blah blah...read between lines I knew he didnt write it....I just asked to be funny....douchebag...blah.....I've lived here so long that I know for a fact that everything this guy wrote about is huckpucky....everyone here is a model driver...blah....why is he saying this ? Blah.

adderall is your friend.

I'll admit you're funny on occasion but your last few jabs have been weak. I admire how you're sticking up for your friend though. Loyalty is an admirable quality.

Guest Marina22

The article was boring to read though some was true. I agree and like Rzo's example of Palm Beach and it's nearby ghetto-opolis. I wonder if the writer found great service to the nearby crackhouse. I am, however, much more amused by the cock fight that ensued because of this "opinion".. I can't take sides with you boys cause I like ya'll since you make me laugh. You should all take a shot and make up to a game of pin the tail on the burra. ;) :-*

Guest Buck White

I don't understand what his writing ability has to do with his take on Miami. OK...so he's not going to win the Pulitzer anytime soon....point taken. What the f*ck....does that...have to do....with anything he's said ?

It's like...if F. Scott Fitzgerald didnt write it...I'm not reading it. Jesus Harold Christ. If this is the case..then the literary agents would have a goddamn field day with how we write on here everyday.

Guest 029

imho, it's valuable to read (an unpopular) point of view. after you live somewhere more than a few months, the ugly annoyances and painful details get blocked out. you no longer really see reality, but just the parts you want (or are willing) to see. i moved back into this area (w. broward) after some rewarding years in santa fe, new mexico. talk about a total 180 - in every way you can think of!

i'm not gonna get into ratings, just suffice to say that first impression after coming back .. omfg - a toilet bowl! it's even worse than before! lol, but there are redeeming qualities, and yes, these have a lot to do with expectations and where you live. honestly, the saddest thing about this region is that people just don't give a shit about anything, including themselves, and where they live. at least that's the impression - look at all the trash. the other is that there is a real lack of true open space .. i.e. a place where one can (or a couple can .. he he) sort of dissapear for a bit. i can really only think of maybe just two places on the beach (not sobe) where you can get away from people in broward/dade. the third saddest thing is that people are so fucking lazy ass down here.

flipi side, of course there's a lot that this region offers, even if it isn't exactly in town. there is a lot of potential, but will it be realized within our lifetimes??

Guest 029

he he .. maybe it is the latitude, changes in latitude. then again, new mexico has plenty of manana to go around as well .. "carpe manana"!

Guest coach

Never mind that. What about the people that keep admitting they couldnt get past the 1st, 2nd and 3rd paragraph ? Jesus, he's not going into lurid detail about the atrocities in Auschwitz. And this is kind of validating his point about "no one in Miami reads".

No, it's saying that he is a shitty writer. And he's just a whiner, not really anybody with any knowledge or authority on the subject. I'll admit I didn't even make it past the first few *sentences*, not to mention paragraphs. And I'm not even from Miami. I kind of tried to skim the rest, but it was such drek that I could barely do that.

Read it throughly, put your notion that the guy is a "whiner" and "loser" or whatever aside and think about what he is saying. Like it or not the guy isn't making what he says up. Just because you are happy with your life now, does that mean the other millions of people who live here are in the same situation? The guy isn't bitching to just bitch, he explains why he feels the way he does.

Its hard to read or listen to someone trash something you love or is fond of, but put aside your ego and pride for a min and look at it from a different perspective.

Irrelevant. His writing ability stinks, no matter what he's saying.

::)

Because his writing ability wasn't up to par its immediatly dismissed right?

Way to present your case Coach.

Uh, what? My *point* is that the writing was very sub-par and therefore a displeasure to read.

You are acting like this guy is some sort of socialogical/economic genius. So what the fuck if he has a few good points? EVERYBODY has a few good points. I am quite capable of figuring out what I like and dislike about my own city just by looking around, thank you very much. Do I realize there are things that might need improving, of fucking course.

Guest coach

So if MIAMI was 2 stay like this for the next 50 yrs all u ppl would be content???

or are u content NOW because u know in 5-10 yrs the future of Miami should be pretty bright???

You know what, I never actually answered this directly. I apologize.

Yes.

No.

Let me elaborate. I *really* like Miami the way it is right now, with all the crazy shit that goes on. All the funk and soul that the city has. I feel bad for the people in the ghetto, but the ghetto is where the real art comes from. Where the real soul of a city lies. I have NO desire to live in a whitebread, sanitized bland town.

I am in no way content now because I think in 5-10 (or more like 15) years, if things are not contained, Miami could turn into lame-o squaresville. NO we do not need more malls. NO we do not need more Barnes and fucking Nobles. NO WE DO NOT NEED MORE BLAND SAMENESS THAT IS TAKING OVER THE FUCKING COUNTRY. Is that clear enough for you? Homogeneousness is NOT a good thing.

Actually, I liked Miami better about 6-8 years ago when Level was king of the clubs. I probably would have liked it even better 10-15 years ago when the real innovators were running the nightlife scene and everything was just breaking out and bursting with energy. Before the developers really hit it hard and started sucking some of the uniqueness out.

Miami still retains a lot of that uniqueness. Get out of the condo-zone. Go back to Miami Ave or down to places like Tobacco Road or Churchills and you will still see some of it. Wander the back streets of South Beach. Other places that rarely or never get mentioned here. Those are where the real Miami still lives. More malls, more big-box, bland corporate stores, more fast food joints, those will all ruin evrything that makes Miami so wonderful.

So, yeah, if you want a bland, sanitized, same-as-everybody-else, Gap/B&N/Mervyn's town, there is a whole country out there for you.

Guest myles hie

So if MIAMI was 2 stay like this for the next 50 yrs all u ppl would be content???

or are u content NOW because u know in 5-10 yrs the future of Miami should be pretty bright???

You know what, I never actually answered this directly. I apologize.

Yes.

No.

Let me elaborate. I *really* like Miami the way it is right now, with all the crazy shit that goes on. All the funk and soul that the city has. I feel bad for the people in the ghetto, but the ghetto is where the real art comes from. Where the real soul of a city lies. I have NO desire to live in a whitebread, sanitized bland town.

I am in no way content now because I think in 5-10 (or more like 15) years, if things are not contained, Miami could turn into lame-o squaresville. NO we do not need more malls. NO we do not need more Barnes and fucking Nobles. NO WE DO NOT NEED MORE BLAND SAMENESS THAT IS TAKING OVER THE FUCKING COUNTRY. Is that clear enough for you? Homogeneousness is NOT a good thing.

Actually, I liked Miami better about 6-8 years ago when Level was king of the clubs. I probably would have liked it even better 10-15 years ago when the real innovators were running the nightlife scene and everything was just breaking out and bursting with energy. Before the developers really hit it hard and started sucking some of the uniqueness out.

Miami still retains a lot of that uniqueness. Get out of the condo-zone. Go back to Miami Ave or down to places like Tobacco Road or Churchills and you will still see some of it. Wander the back streets of South Beach. Other places that rarely or never get mentioned here. Those are where the real Miami still lives. More malls, more big-box, bland corporate stores, more fast food joints, those will all ruin evrything that makes Miami so wonderful.

So, yeah, if you want a bland, sanitized, same-as-everybody-else, Gap/B&N/Mervyn's town, there is a whole country out there for you.

Do you think a fucking Barnes and Nobles will homogonize Latin or Caribbean culture than you obviously haven't spent time with either of those cultures. Those malls, and stores you rally against are the same ones that could afford job opportunities to the people and neighborhoods who need it. News Flash, It's not about you. Its about the millions of people who live here that can't make enough money to move from there small homes in a shitty neighborhood to a median home in a decent neighborhood or a big home in a nice neighborhood. For every back road in SoBe or Miami ave there are hundreds and thousands of people that live in between those places who for life is a struggle. Why do you wish these people stay in poverty because you like the "funk" that it produces? You should probably walk a mile in there shoes before you decide whats "right" for these people.

As far as the blogger, no one is saying he is any kind of genius, but he hits the nail on the head with alot of observations.

As far as Palm Beach, you are comparing Apples to Oranges. Of course every metro ro smaller metro will have a ghetto area thats not what the blogger was saying, he was saying that there is no "middle class" in Miami in the traditional sense. Which sucks for someone living down there it makes it harder to pull yourself up. You get stuck in an area and possibly a mentality.

Guest myles hie

You're stupid if you're gonna raise a family down here. If I can ask you one thing, if you decide to procreate, move to Orlando. Leave Miami for the grown-ups.

Classic dodge if you ask me, if it's "for the children".

What about the people who can't afford to move or don't want to move because all there family is here and there culture is prevelent here? Because the City and County can't get a grip on things they should "move"? Pretty fucking lame imo. I bet you out look would be different if you lived in West MDC and shot weddings and quincieras (sp) instead of living downtown taking pics of clubs. But who cares about them? Its all about MiaMe.

Guest dahzel

damn, people definitely are taking this a little personal but it's understandable too. if someone is attacking something you love than it's only natural to get defensive over it. I love south florida, palm beach county, mos def broward (where i live), and love miami/dade for it's diversity. My g/f and I are thinking and planning on moving to the Dallas area where i am originally from. this for me is one of the hardest decisions i have had to ponder over in my life. what i think i would/will miss the most are the many diiferent kinds of people here. the thing i think i will dislike about texas the most is all the rednecks and the way they think. I know i will miss south florida a lot but for people who have limited income, south florida is not getting an easier to live.

as far as traffic goes... you guys in miami/dade by far have it the worse. most of the people live in miami/dade and development expands futher west so in turn your traffic is a lot worse. palm beach and broward are not that bad. from the ocean to the everglades is maybe 15 miles. in those 15 miles you have 2 major highways and in broward 1 more that goes from east to west. now throw in construction that never ends and then that can cause some traffic but generally speaking traffic is not that bad considering. i mean really, compared to traffic in NY, LA, and the DFW area, traffic here is a piece of cake... except in part of miami/dade.

Miami is a great city and extremely unique. i have always loved it and will miss it greatly if/when i move. but the idea of ,"if you don't like then get the fuck out", is true for anyone anywhere. if you can afford to live here and put up with the threat of hurricanes every year than i can't really think of too many comparable places to live in this country.

Guest pod

I bet you out look would be different if you lived in West MDC and shot weddings and quincieras (sp) instead of living downtown taking pics of clubs. But who cares about them? Its all about MiaMe.

OK, here's the deal. West Dade, etc, well, those are fairly safe neighborhoods in the grand scheme of things. I'm not suggesting opening up strip clubs and bars there.

My main concern is with the areas such as Downtown and South Beach, where nightlife, partying, and fun reign supreme, that you have people trying to convert it into West Dade and Kendall.

Simply put, there's already, by precedent, if not by law, areas that are established in this county for living, working, and entertainment.

My concern is that you've got people moving near or into entertainment districts, and bitching about the noise. Hello, you and your crotch fruit moved into an entertainment area, not a gated community off of Kendall Drive.

Oh, and I despise shooting weddings. ;D

Guest coach

As far as the blogger, no one is saying he is any kind of genius, but he hits the nail on the head with alot of observations.

There you go. Thank you. That's the thing. Big whoop. As I said, *everybody* hits the nail on the head sometimes. I think every person on this board has a reasonable grip on what they like and dislike about Miami. My question is, why are some of you riding this guy's dick? Just because he says what we all know in a long, boring manner? That makes him so much smarter than anyone else? I just don't understand what is so special about this guy.

Guest myles hie

I bet you out look would be different if you lived in West MDC and shot weddings and quincieras (sp) instead of living downtown taking pics of clubs. But who cares about them? Its all about MiaMe.

OK, here's the deal. West Dade, etc, well, those are fairly safe neighborhoods in the grand scheme of things. I'm not suggesting opening up strip clubs and bars there.

My main concern is with the areas such as Downtown and South Beach, where nightlife, partying, and fun reign supreme, that you have people trying to convert it into West Dade and Kendall.

Simply put, there's already, by precedent, if not by law, areas that are established in this county for living, working, and entertainment.

My concern is that you've got people moving near or into entertainment districts, and bitching about the noise. Hello, you and your crotch fruit moved into an entertainment area, not a gated community off of Kendall Drive.

Oh, and I despise shooting weddings. ;D

The people moving into the condos downtown and the downtown ent. district is not what we were talking about, that pony had been beat to death. I in the last post was talking about a middle class in Miami. Not rich people moving into ivory towers downtown. But i get it, those people are not your concern. You totally went in a different direction, but its ok i get the hint. "Crotch fruit" is pretty funny though ;).

Guest myles hie

There you go. Thank you. That's the thing. Big whoop. As I said, *everybody* hits the nail on the head sometimes. I think every person on this board has a reasonable grip on what they like and dislike about Miami. My question is, why are some of you riding this guy's dick? Just because he says what we all know in a long, boring manner? That makes him so much smarter than anyone else? I just don't understand what is so special about this guy.

No one is riding his dick, my issue was people not aknowledging what he said as maybe actually being true and saying if you don't like it GTFO or you saying oh the guy's writing is not proper so what he says is full of shit. This thread was at 2 1/2 pages before i even posted, so the guy and his comments must push buttons or no one would have responded.

Guest coach

No one is riding his dick, my issue was people not aknowledging what he said as maybe actually being true and saying if you don't like it GTFO or you saying oh the guy's writing is not proper so what he says is full of shit. This thread was at 2 1/2 pages before i even posted, so the guy and his comments must push buttons or no one would have responded.

Anybody's who has read my posts for any length of time knows that whiners push my buttons.

However, to give you and Eroc a little more background so you can see where I'm coming from, let me give you this history. I grew up in the Dallas area. I loved when I first moved there as a kid, but came to hate it after I grew up, for a variety of reasons. Over the years, I visited Miami on vacation. I fell in love with the place. Now, instead of trying to impose my will on Dallas, and turn it into Miami, I moved to Miami. I do not want anyone else imposing their will on Miami to change it to their vision. This is why I always say, "if you don't like it, move," because that is exactly what I did!

Does it need improvement? DUH. Mr. Britexpat is no genius for pointing that out. Does it need gentrification and homogization? Fuck no. Does it need a bunch of idiots moving in trying to make it fit their "vision"? FUCK NO.

Guest myles hie

Anybody's who has read my posts for any length of time knows that whiners push my buttons.

However, to give you and Eroc a little more background so you can see where I'm coming from, let me give you this history. I grew up in the Dallas area. I loved when I first moved there as a kid, but came to hate it after I grew up, for a variety of reasons. Over the years, I visited Miami on vacation. I fell in love with the place. Now, instead of trying to impose my will on Dallas, and turn it into Miami, I moved to Miami. I do not want anyone else imposing their will on Miami to change it to their vision. This is why I always say, "if you don't like it, move," because that is exactly what I did!

Does it need improvement? DUH. Mr. Britexpat is no genius for pointing that out. Does it need gentrification and homogization? Fuck no. Does it need a bunch of idiots moving in trying to make it fit their "vision"? FUCK NO.

The vision of what? Median income family's that can have good jobs and nice houses and pay thier bills, and raise a family? To not be afraid to go to another part of town because you can't speak the language or feel like you might be threatened? Yes those are such horrible things.

hmmm. You moved here because you like what you saw and you could fit in somewhere here. Unless you shop at Goodwill and cook all your own food purchased from the local market, it's people such as yourself that they are building the Walmarts and Publix and whatevers for. Not once did that guy mention "homoginzing" the area to make it like Boise Idaho. He is pointing out for all teh potential wonderfull things that could come out of this area because of the melting pot that is Miami. But the city seems to be regressing. Again its not about you and your 5 years of living here its about the 40-50 years and millions of immigrants who are still having problems making it here in the "land of opportunity" because the city is so ass backwards and cater to people with the most $ to spend here.

The blogger was making an observation about what he saw, he is no way capable of making any changes. He's not trying to impose any "vision" The development of Downtown Miami should have started 20 years ago and would have given the city something to really be proud of.

You love it here, thats great. But if you really loved the area you would concerned about its people and its problems. The socio-economical issues effect you. By moving here you might be one of the "idiots" you refer to, because the city is building for people like you, not the people who have been here. They don't care if you personally don't like "gentrification" they see you as white-upper midclass earning, mid 20's, couple, etc. Those type of people want the Starbucks, B&N, whatevers, so maybe by living here you might be feeding the beast that you hate. ???

Guest coach
But if you really loved the area you would concerned about its people and its problems.

Wait, what? Who said I wasn't concerned. I said the guy was a bad writer and a whiner.
The blogger was making an observation about what he saw, he is no way capable of making any changes.

Dang, now I'm really confused. At first I thought he was a tourist. Then, someone said that he lives here. Now you say he cannot make any changes. Which is it?

Guest eroc0411

i wonder what coach and pod expect out of miami?

Idk how old coach is i kno pod is 28( how much longer do u see ur self living ur current life style???) or do u think ur gonna be 28 ur whole life??? Not trying 2 fight just genuinely curious what u guys think a better miami is... Think of it as a whole.

Coach and where do u live (town) just 2 have a better understanding of ur point of view...

Guest lyrik

Idk how old coach is i kno pod is 28( how much longer do u see ur self living ur current life style???) or do u think ur gonna be 28 ur whole life??? Not trying 2 fight just genuinely curious what u guys think a better miami is... Think of it as a whole.

Coach and where do u live (town) just 2 have a better understanding of ur point of view...

Coach is so old he farts dust.

Howyadoingrandpa!

Guest pod

When I get too old doing what I do, I'll move. Simple as that. My idea is that Miami's such a fun place, that I want to ensure it is a fun place for future generations. I'm not gonna whine about 'those dang kids' at the club, because, well, I was that way once too. Growing up doesn't mean ruining it for everyone else.

The problems of Miami are symbolic of the way society is as a whole. Too often, we're making things "safe", just because Mr. and Mrs. Jones, along with their crotch fruit Kelsey and Dakota, might be 'offended' by things like nightclubs, casinos, and bars.

Eroc, I'll say it again, you're acting 47, not 27. Hell, I know 47 year olds that aren't as uptight as you.

There needs to be places in this world where people can still have fun, and not worry about pissing off some neo-liberal dingbat.

Miami is what it is, people need to do their homework before moving here. I'm tired of every square acre of this country being dumbed down and sanitized for the lowest common denominator. I feel bad for you if your idea of fun is a strip mall and not a strip club.