Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which Band do you want to see come to S. FL?

V. Barbarino

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djjoncowan

The Killers!!!!!!

actually a wicked show... saw them at the house of blues in LA about 6 months ago... coolest thing though - same night before they went on the PA guy annnounces we have some people in the audience who'd like to do a little show for you tonight... on walks robbie krieger and ray manzerick from the doors... they shared vocals, played about 6 doors tracks including the end, light my fire, and dead rats - not like having Jim but wicked all the same..... ;)

Guest pod

Hippies are the reason DJs exist

You've been around them too long. The hippie movement is a statistical aberration at best. DJs exist because of the Nazis. In WWII, the French, yes the people we all love to hate, had to 'survive' with discos and DJs, since the Nazi Germans were occupying the country, and the legendary jazz performers of the day, obviously could not play in the country. So, it came down to whichever guy or girl had the best record collection from either before the war, or through smuggling. Thus, the modern discotheque had it's roots in wartime France. The modern 'underground' if you will, as well, since hosting these parties was a major offense. And you know what the Nazis did to people guilty of that.

Hippies my ass.

I'm a bit biased since I grew up near Phish country and was subjected to the unwashed masses for 18 years. Phish, not on my watch.

Guest djjoncowan

Eagles have a new album coming out, so there is a good chance we will see them, but I"m sure tickets will be 3475234975293457 dollars..

if you've never seen em go..... regardless of the price its one of the best shows you will ever get too see......