Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Selling Toshiba A215-4747 CHEAP!! BRAND NEW

Guest Miss_Digital

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RzO

yah me sucks anus. I had it for the first two years of college and it gave me shit.

Truthfully I have had this toshiba laptop since 8/03, so 4 years old and I have never had any issues with it. It is running xp and I have only reformatted once in like 05 I think. It still runs really fast, and because of this I have no reason to buy another comp, even though I really want a mac, so I can be like the cool kids. Ok that was a joke, but my point is I have not had any problems with the xp on this machine and probably won't spend the money for a new one till this one starts to suck, a if it aint broke do fix it mentality if you will. I will prolly make the switch though whenever this one goes.

Guest coach

Well, my experience has been that Toshibas rock. I dropped my last one from shoulder height, dented the corner, and it didn't even hiccup. But I think Miss Behavin's issue is Vista, not XP.

Guest RzO

well i guess as with anything new there will be bugs. But with ME, it never got better I remember peeps in school reformatting with the one before ME just cause it was better. Luckily XP is actually pretty good. i hope for windows sake that vista gets worked out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Miss_Digital

i got blue screen today!!!! :o

it also has a prob with my external hard drive some days it likes it some days it doesn't even know what it is >:(

I LOVE UBUNTU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive used it on and off its fab

Guest Miss_Digital

it wouldnt even recognise my digital camera :(

XP did

This is very likely because the camera is too old for Vista to have the driver built in. At least, that is usually the reason for that kind of problem. If you have the install disc that came with it, just use that. If you lost it, go to the camera manufacturer website and DL the driver from there.

Remember, that Windows does not have every driver for every device ever invented built into it. Otherwise it would be even a huger monster than it already is.

universal drivers would solve that i believe

and no my cam is new

i did some updates that seemed to fix it

still its USB its supposed to be plug and play ... not plug and download updates install drivers and play

the User Account Control (UAC) is most annoying feature... stop asking me so many fucking questions ... i turned it off with in seconds of owning my new PC

Guest pod

Blow out your XP install and throw Ubuntu in. On modern hardware it's cake. It gave me some crap on an old Thinkpad, but nothing some mild tinkering didn't fix.

Guest Miss_Digital

Yeah Ubuntu is great' date=' I had it installed in an old PC about 2 years ago.

But it is an alternative to the angry Window user, who cant afford to switch to a Mac and wants another OS.

The point I am arguing though is the fact that sometimes as a computer user you need to find ways to manipulate a problem yourself and if not ask questions, look in a search engine, do something.

[/quote']

thats the problem been doing that for years... i'm not curious ... i dont even want to know why shit doesnt work anymore...before i actually found it fun.. i have a problem it do an engine search, i try what people tell to do in forums

i'm fed up updates and patches and all

Guest pod

Every OS has an update/patch regimen. Even OS X has something at least monthly. It's nice though on the Mac side since it's not as often. And rarely requires a restart.

My Ubuntu updates thus far? Never a restart. Actually I can't really think of anything I've done to it that has required a restart at all.

I might be a bit optimistic but Ubuntu is probably a 'contender' for a Windows replacement OS.

I'm at the point of recommending the Dells that come with it pre-loaded for business use.

We got an intern PC here at the HQ, it has XP on it right now, but I'm considering putting Ubuntu on it, and just not telling the intern, and see how she (our intern will be a girl) adapts.

Guest ICON

FUCK WINDOWS AND MAC

its ALL ABOUT LINUX UNUNTU

its friggin SWEEEET! best of all.. ITS FREE.. its not a resource hog so you dont need a super pc.

WWW.UBUNTU.COM

so, what programs can you use on Linux? NOT A WHOLE LOT... so why is it so great? Whats the point of having a great performing OS if you cant use any programs on it?

You get what you pay for in this case. Usually, computer issues come from the owner of the computer... not from the computer or OS itself.

Guest pod

I see a lot of people going to Linux in the "me too" rebel fashion.

Do a lot of people need Linux? Nope.

However, I could set up a box running Ubuntu, lock it down to everything but Open Office, Firefox, media players, P2P client, and T-Bird, and 99 percent of the people on this forum would be able to get through their work and leisure time on a computer thus configured. Without me showing them how.

Guest jbit

Well, I just recently found out that it is either not possible or a huge pain to network Vista and XP. This is just plain insane.

Give each machine a unique IP address and connect to a switch. It's not that hard. My network has Windows 2000 professional -> Windows 2008 server, Linux, and MAC machines all communicating just fine.

Dont beleive the hype.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guyman1966

I'm inclined these days to go Mac since a lot of the apps I'm using, like the whole Adobe Creative Suite, just run much more reliably on the Mac architecture.

Has HELL frozen over?

It used to be the reverse until recently. But suddenly Adobe is putting a lot more effort into their Mac apps than PC ones. I would be inclined to say 'fuck 'em both' and just run Ubuntu with the GIMP, but the GIMP is still very inferior to Photoshop.