ive had enough...

Guest Adam Singer

Guest swirlundergrounder

Let an attorney look at that lease.

yah im having my brother lookat it

I did not know Bling was you brother....... :P

Guest slamminshaun

the market is GREAT

found a great condo today that couldnt sell for 400K - so what happened ? they are renting it

for a SICK price, they are almost giving it away

waiting for them to draw up a lease now ...steps from the beach, 2 minutes from downtown...this is awesome !

Well, actually the market SUCKS, that's why you're getting a sick deal. As more and more finished condo units are added to the already massive inventory (35,000 more by 2011), the people who own them will become more and more desperate to cover their loan payment, and offer ridiculous rents to help cover those costs.

That same condo you're renting for a sick price today, will most likely rent for less a year from now. In other words, don't sign a long-term lease. You're holding the purse strings.

Guest Adam Singer

the market is GREAT

found a great condo today that couldnt sell for 400K - so what happened ? they are renting it

for a SICK price' date=' they are almost giving it away

waiting for them to draw up a lease now ...steps from the beach, 2 minutes from downtown...this is awesome !

[/quote']

Well, actually the market SUCKS, that's why you're getting a sick deal. As more and more finished condo units are added to the already massive inventory (35,000 more by 2011), the people who own them will become more and more desperate to cover their loan payment, and offer ridiculous rents to help cover those costs.

That same condo you're renting for a sick price today, will most likely rent for less a year from now. In other words, don't sign a long-term lease. You're holding the purse strings.

i dont know about that -- it's already dirt cheap

got a 2BR/2Bath condo in a beautiful neighborhood -- 2 minutes to downtown, 2 minutes to the ocean - surrounded by ridiculous property, like 3 blocks from the intercoastal...for seriously next to nothing a month

the most i can see them taking off what it was is maybe another 50$, but they really are already giving these things away...

i looked at downtown too, but you have to pay more and you give up having natural surroundings - plus its less intimate, the apartments there felt like college apartments all over again, yuck

east of US1 in broward between broward blvd and sunrise is beautiful area and they are GIVING away ridiculous property...really happy im going to be able to afford to keep current standard of living - if you're in the market you're going to get hooked up right now !

Guest slamminshaun

Adam, I know it's really hard to believe that rents could actually get cheaper because most people are still conditioned to look at rents from a 2005-2006 mindset.

The excess inventory (again, 35,000 +/- units by 2011) will have to price themselves cheaper in order to attract people away from existing units. The existing units will have to match prices in order to keep tenants from leaving. And round and round it goes....You haven't seen the bottom yet....take advantage of the low rents available now, but anticipate them being even cheaper a year from now. Trust me. ;)

Guest Adam Singer

Adam' date=' I know it's really hard to believe that rents could actually get cheaper because most people are still conditioned to look at rents from a 2005-2006 mindset.

The excess inventory (again, 35,000 +/- units by 2011) will have to price themselves cheaper in order to attract people away from existing units. The existing units will have to match prices in order to keep tenants from leaving. And round and round it goes....You haven't seen the bottom yet....take advantage of the low rents available now, but anticipate them being even cheaper a year from now. Trust me. ;)

[/quote']

lol if it was any cheaper i would consider it affordable housing !

Guest RzO

the market is GREAT

for a SICK price, they are almost giving it away

i dont know about that -- it's already dirt cheap

got a 2BR/2Bath condo in a beautiful neighborhood -- 2 minutes to downtown, 2 minutes to the ocean - surrounded by ridiculous property, like 3 blocks from the intercoastal...for seriously next to nothing a month

the most i can see them taking off what it was is maybe another 50$, but they really are already giving these things away...

i looked at downtown too, but you have to pay more and you give up having natural surroundings - plus its less intimate, the apartments there felt like college apartments all over again, yuck

east of US1 in broward between broward blvd and sunrise is beautiful area and they are GIVING away ridiculous property...really happy im going to be able to afford to keep current standard of living - if you're in the market you're going to get hooked up right now !

you could of easily found a condo to buy in this market and get alot handed to you by the seller like i did.

I bought my condo below price with 2 free years of hoa fees and a fully upgraded kitchen as well as $1500 cash decorator credit. That was 3/06 and now they last few are for sale at about 15k more. Not much but still i ain't losing money.

But if you can afford to give away money for rent for another year and see if prices go lower then then that is ok. Also if you don't think this is where you want to live then renting is the way to go. A few of my friends whom think they want to move somewhere else are still renting but for me and some who know they want to be here for at least 5 years with this market, its time to buy!

Guest coach

seems the market is fine at the top though .. there was a report on cnbc about the premium housing market in silicon valley as being on the upside while everything else was down.

This does not jibe with what I read in a recent Inc magazine