Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ambivalent (m-nus) --> 10/06/07 ---> Presented by Sobebeats.com

Guest Sobebeats

Guest Sobebeats

oJr6ohRB-h4

Kevin McHugh (aka AMBIVALENT) is a native of Washington, DC and resident of New York City. His musical development began in DC where he was influenced by the broad nature of that city’s music scene. Early exposure to acid-house and industrial side-by-side with DC’s homegrown go-go and hardcore punk scenes deeply influenced his music.

After a brief period in London, Kevin moved to New York in 1996. He began producing a music series inside the Brooklyn Bridge Anchorage for Creative Time. Over the next 5 years he produced events with artists such as Thomas Brinkmann, Dimbiman, Carl Craig, Ryoji Ikeda, Pole, and many more. It was during this time that he began making a connection with M-nus. He went on to produce events in New York featuring friends such as Magda, Troy Pierce and his roommate Jesse (Heartthrob) as well as Matthew Dear, Akufen and Sammy Dee.

He moved to Berlin in 2004 to help Richie Hawtin produce the Plastikman live concert. He later returned to New York and re-dedicated himself to producing music inspired by his friends. He answered an ad for an apartment, and moved in with a DJ named Camea. She later created Clink Recordings. He DJs regularly in New York, and on his internet radio show, The Nerd Tank, with Camea. He has releases and remixes (past and forthcoming) on Minus, Clink, Klickhaus, Esperanza, and Leftroom.

Party info: TBA

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Miss_Digital

hehehe i can predict the future i swear

couple weeks back i made post to thank all of you people who make an effort and saying things would be picking up

i didnt catch him in detroit i never thought have a second chance any time soon

keep it up boys and thanks again

Guest Fuerte44

not a bad podcast that other week, very impressed...that "Do You Have Anything to Say" by mike uzzi track is fire on that mix....should be fun if its at a well suited venue....

Guest web_norah

Kevin is the first guy who brought Luciano to NYC, and did an amazing job opening for him!

I definitely wouldn't miss this.

Guest ramon

Kevin is the first guy who brought Luciano to NYC, and did an amazing job opening for him!

I definitely wouldn't miss this.

I remember that :)

It was at APT I think.

I remember he came to play 7 Year Anniversary Paxahau w/ Rich a few nights later. :)