Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Simply amazing... Sunrise Earth in 1080i

Take:

1. 1 61' DLP, LCD HD 1080p TV

2. Add in Direct TV's 1080I signal

3. Turn on Sunrise Earth

Just wow!!

I feel so sorry for all the ass clowns who bought ED TVs or plasmas that can only pump out 720. 1080i will blow your socks off. Joey Harrington never looked so good.

On a down side, I no longer want to bang the Williams sisters, they don't look good in HD. Ok, I'd still tax them, but they don't look good in HD.

Guest klubveteran

Take:

1. 1 61' DLP, LCD HD 1080p TV

2. Add in Direct TV's 1080I signal

3. Turn on Sunrise Earth

Just wow!!

I feel so sorry for all the ass clowns who bought ED TVs or plasmas that can only pump out 720. 1080i will blow your socks off. Joey Harrington never looked so good.

On a down side, I no longer want to bang the Williams sisters, they don't look good in HD. Ok, I'd still tax them, but they don't look good in HD.

its about time you got 1080i you sorry ass Jets fan :P

just think watching the Jets lose will never look better

what are you going to discover next electricity? ;D

Guest klubveteran

what an assclown this guy is. ::)

i see someone was at your crib on Friday 7/27 at 2pm.

you shouldve contacted me. I told you id would take care of you. now you get jack sh*t. ;D

Guest RzO

dude you are just getting started, ive been on that tip since the series started, they are all amazing. National geographic hd has some bad ass shit too. The HD revolution did wonders for discovery, since 03 when i got my first hdtv, it has been my favorite channel.

Guest pod

You need to get either a Blu-Ray or an HD-DVD unit so you can really push the 1080p factor.

Or hook up your forthcoming iMac to it and just play 1080p files.

Guest ramon

HDNet is wonderful as well.

Sunrise Earth is amazing though. Discovery HD Theatre is great.

Check out MHD if you have it Nick.

Music in High Definition (mtv / vh1 / cmt) sponsored by Mitsubishi.

Guest pod

In general, 1080i is the last interlaced format you'll see. 1080i is leftover from the initial development of HDTV by NHK, where their system was just focusing on doubling the then-current 525 lines of interlaced resolution that NTSC mandated as the standard. Japan used NTSC as their standard, since when it was set down, the Japanese electronics industry was not as big as it is today.

But, in the 1980s when HDTV was initially being developed in Japan, NHK had set down a mere doubling of the NTSC standard as the goal. In analog no less. Then in the early 1990s, the US got into the game with the ATSC standards body, which said "fuck analog" and made everything digital. However, since content was being produced in Japan where eventually a lot of these sets were being made, 1080i was set down for backwards compatibility.

The future right now is 1080p. 1080p is not broadcast over cable, the dish, or OTA at the moment. Several implementations of 1080p exist, at various frame rates. I would surmise we'll see more advanced 1080p framerates in the next three to five years as set top boxes support it. Most modern displays will already.

After that, the next steps are UHDV, which consists of what is tenatively called 2540p (4520 x 2540) and 4320p which is 7680 x 4320, which amounts to 33 megapixels of uncompressed visual data per frame, which in turn requires around 6 gigabits a second of bandwidth. To put it in context, that resolution is delivering data that would fill up your iPod in less than a minute.

In other words, someone's gonna be busy launching satellites and laying fiber.