Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your Most Memorable Miami Music Moment

Guest DJ Christian

Guest DJ Christian

Everyone's got 'em so let's hear 'em! What was the single greatest DJ rush you've gotten in Miami, or anywhere for that matter... post a picture, too, if you have...

Guest CROWN-ONE

When they threw that 3 day festival downtown, and nobody showed up. Got to see a bunch of big acts with like 11 other people in the crowd over a massive sound system. I forget the name of festival but they had a paintball obstacle course.

+ most nights at Groove Jet(Luis, Sasha) and Liquid(Quivver, J.Vic) during their heyday.

Guest LaundryBar

When they threw that 3 day festival downtown, and nobody showed up. Got to see a bunch of big acts with like 11 other people in the crowd over a massive sound system. I forget the name of festival but they had a paintball obstacle course.

+ most nights at Groove Jet(Luis, Sasha) and Liquid(Quivver, J.Vic) during their heyday.

The Beyond Music Festival

Guest musicalmissionary

too many to list...

But easily the 2 Sunday School for Degenerates parties I've been to.

The last Howellween I went to at Space.

Steve Lawler at Buck 15 last year

Danny Tenaglie's little warehouse party a few months ago

The 3 conference warehouse parties I did at same warehouse from 04-06.

Aquabooty's Anniversary party at Nocturnal last year

Justin Martin at Laundry Bar

... and many many many many more ...

Guest djjoncowan

dt @ groovejet wmc 97 - carl cox, sasha and oakie on the main bar dancing... sick sick sick

my best time playing would be the night anthony pappa and I played crobar from start to finish back to back.... also played crobar all night tag set with mike hiratzka - both nights were insane!!!! both around 2000 i'd guess ;)

Guest Mattivi

Tong, Sander K, and Roland- Space Terrace nov 04' it doesnt really get much better than that.

Morillo- Space Terrace when he dropped i got the pills in Jan 05'

Tiesto, Ton TB, Cor Finjemen, and Sander K- Magik Musik Nite 2004 not a dull moment

Ferry Corsten- WMC 2005

Edgar V- Post Pvd set in nov 04 or 05 cant remember.

Underworld- Ultra 2003 i think it was.

Anthony Pappa- Crobar August 2004

Boris- Nocturnal WMC 07

Roland at Local Celeb a few times has been off the rocker.

Danny T- saw a few marathons at the old space that were like whoa.

Desyn- Shine back in 05' i think it was

ive been to so many priceless nites at space i simply cant recall, my brain at this point is still trying to reload on the serotonin that was exhausted on those nites. :o

Guest ramon

the first sunday school with rich , luciano and dice playing 7 hours back to back .. dc10 like is what people called it. i called it amazing .. rich closing with ricardo's sieso was the icing on the cake.

danny howells at bed 2002 .. dave clarke vs dt never sounded so goood.

danny tenaglia @ the old space 2002 before that year's wmc. my first danny moment .. this song does not contain explicit lyrics but the feeling is erotic .. won't ever forget that or hearing shakedown's at night.

hawtin @ bed wmc 2003 .. the first time i got to see hawtin and understand these records i was buying could be played outside of my bedroom also the birthplace for a lil space called plusorminus.

james zabiela @ ??? some wed night in 2003 .. james plays for a very small group of folks upstairs at some bar .. amazing times .. thanks to dade for hooking up the venue .. it also got me a sunday night party at this place for a year and a half.

hawtin @ privilege wmc 2005 .. one of those real special nights .. magda played luciano's orange mistake which had just annihilated ibiza the previous summer and richie played some guy named mathew jonson's decompression record for the first time 3 times in the same set!

luciano & richie hawtin @ oslo post demf 2005. secret after party with these two at the basement of a sushi restaurant. a very special moment with both of them playing a record or two .. yes i said records. it was sooo good they decided to do it again later that year. :)

luciano & richie hawtin @ 2600 club .. fresh after the 7 year anniversary we head to this sports bar where the bar opens at 6am (after being closed since 2am) and madness insues .. rich korach becomes a household name to everyone outside of detroit after playing a fantastic set .. richie jumps on as rich is playing argy's love dose record.

the old miami - detroit 2007 .. sety from circus company plays a fantastic early morning set that sets the mood for the rest of the day. he properly opens up for the madness that insues when troy and dear play ping pong later that day.

stryke @ privilege circa 2005 .. classic greg acid set .. everything from dj rush to plastikman was played .. pretty sure i remember him rinsing technasia's acid storm that day.

joris voorn @ demf (movement) 2004 - this guy who would later become one of my favorite artists ever performs on the +31/313 stage playing on all hardware songs from his upcoming 'future history' longer player. i came back to miami talking about a crazy record called incident and proclaimed this guy the future of techno.

mathew jonson @ yel2 (demf 2004 afterhours) - speedy j and chris liebing were upstairs , but the real treat was downstairs the first US apperance for this talented canadian producer. Decompression was just hitting stores and he had sooo much more that night. 90 minutes of madness .. intense is an understatement.

that's just a few of the moments from my short lived clubbing life.

Guest bootstah

*The first Sunday School w/ Richie/Luciano/Loco tagteaming......omg pure bliss and the most amazing vibe of a party

*Desyn at Shine, what an incredible set from beginning to end

*Danny Howells WMC 2005 GU Miami release party....what an epic night of choonage

*Marco Carola at M_nus party WMC 2007, undoubtedly one of the best sets I heard at WMC 2007

*AM Only party WMC 20006, yikes, talk about a party and a half. Richie and Adam Beyer tag teaming was freakin ridiculous and watching Richie get literally carried away was a bit out of the ordinary :P

*Sasha/Digweed/Desyn yacht party WMC 206, I dont think I need to elaborate on that one

*DAFT PUNK at Bang 2006, how could I forget that

*RA party WMC 2006, Dave Seaman, Hernan, Paolo....awesome party ;D

Guest DJ Nova

F Communications Party @ Bash '96 (with Laurent Garnier, Jeff Mills, Scan X, and Elegia)

United Colors Of Techno @ Salvation '97 (Commander Tom, Carl Cox, and others!!)

The Mantra @ Tantra '96 (with Paperclip People - Carl Craig LIVE, Kevin Saunderson and Richie Hawtin Dancing to Spastik While Kevin was playin !!)

Bush Records @ Salvation '95 ? (off the hook don't remember who ...but I know Stryke played :)

and of course the FIRST Plus 8 party I ever went to at "The Pub".....I think it's Gino's Pizza Now......no one was djing just

a Plus 8 CD playing while Richie Hawtin and John Acquaviva were bartending :) still got the PLUS 8 shot glass to go with the memories!!!!!

Guest Miss_Digital

• THE OLD MIAMI - Detroit 07 hands down #1 party i've been to in my WHOLE life even though i left early "Monday morning listening to some quality choons" the people.. the ambiance.... the grass.. old lawn furniture... and roll out the red carpet of techno
  • sunday school for degenerates #2
  • monday back door bamby with sasha 03 -04
  • zabiela, dj three and damian lazarus @ marlin bar WMC 05
  • justin martin @ laundry bar - after hours both times @ brads & joes warehouse fun levels where sky high
  • Tennaglia @ joes warehouse - the secret factor had everything to do with it
  • RA party infusion bill partick and hernan WMC 06?
  • DAFT PUNK @ Bang 06
  • Breaks tent at global gatherings - free beers and chillin with Evil Nine
  • Nerve every single time
  • Three and Loco Dice @ Hyde park cafe & after hours brian jacksons house Nov 06 - three gave me a birthday track dedication it was Audion-Mouth to Mouth, everyone came up to me and gave me birthday love
  • Raving in the Cave - Santo Domingo 96 -2000 first time i heard: Stryke, Dinky, Misstress Barbs and Sven Vath

Guest DJ Nova

nice list Nova, but looks like you havent been to a good party in like a decade ;D

Proudest Miami Music Moments ...Not Best Parties I've ever been to ....or SO I thought with all these posts about parties in OTHER PLACES (cough) DETROIT ! ;)

Proud Miami Music Moments are far and FEW, so just tryin to highlight those ....but Most Recently The Party I played at with Muggles and Luis Diaz was a PROUD moment....first time I played alongside those Florida Legends :)

Guest soozin

whenever it was that i saw DT for the 1st time, @ old space, dont remember the year but a while back obv

DT always really..

miss kittin (FINALLY) at wmc 07

get phys wmc 07

beat camp @ zanzibar then mission late 90s, inc that dude who played idm/electro outside at zanzibar..

movim/basic wmc 05 (or was it 06.. or both prob)

justin martin @ LB was def super dope

matthew dear @ pawn shop back room i think 06

johnny fiasco @ blue.. 05? i dunno

dude i am SURE there are sooooooooooo many more i cant think of off the top of my head, wmc and non..

Guest Dj_Peace

Our Residence parties -all of them ESPECIALLY when I got to paly alongside my mentor and friend the legendary Steve " Silk" Hurley

Second fave-Lust4ResidenceBooty party at Glass

Guest dre4

morillo wmc 2005 when dropping the pills song and that despina vandi song-posw se thelw (how much i want you in greek)

deep dish wmc 2006 when they dropped "this is miami" for the first time ever. absolutely nuts. probably best moment in a club ever. sick of the song now, but at the time it was just perfect

nic f and cedric@space may 2006

desyn and roger@space nov 2005

so many more, can't remember now.

• THE OLD MIAMI - Detroit 07 hands down #1 party i've been to in my WHOLE life even though i left early "Monday morning listening to some quality choons" the people.. the ambiance.... the grass.. old lawn furniture... and roll out the red carpet of techno
  • sunday school for degenerates #2
  • monday back door bamby with sasha 03 -04
  • zabiela, dj three and damian lazarus @ marlin bar WMC 05
  • justin martin @ laundry bar - after hours both times @ brads & joes warehouse fun levels where sky high
  • Tennaglia @ joes warehouse - the secret factor had everything to do with it
  • RA party infusion bill partick and hernan WMC 06?
  • DAFT PUNK @ Bang 06
  • Breaks tent at global gatherings - free beers and chillin with Evil Nine
  • Nerve every single time
  • Three and Loco Dice @ Hyde park cafe & after hours brian jacksons house Nov 06 - three gave me a birthday track dedication it was Audion-Mouth to Mouth, everyone came up to me and gave me birthday love
  • Raving in the Cave - Santo Domingo 96 -2000 first time i heard: Stryke, Dinky, Misstress Barbs and Sven Vath

The cave!!! that place is amazing.

re-read the thread title though.. :D

Guest Miss_Digital

The cave!!! that place is amazing.

re-read the thread title though.. :D

lol "the cave" is like the new trendy name for but back then it was just la guacara

just one of many cool places people had partys at the list also included abandoned houses with emptied out the pool turned it into a dance floor and strip clubs and many dive bars

i know i read i just chose to ignore and broaden the spectrum :P

Guest Comport

10. Stryke @ Voodoo

9. Spinning @ the holy lands or a new years eve party

8. Three & Loco @ Hyde Park Tampa 06

7. My First Ultra 2002 (my introduction to the EDM community)

6. Nic and James @ the Fifth WMC 07

5. James Zabiela @ the Boat Party WMC 07

4. Sasha @ the SPace Patio Watching from right behind the booth

3. Spinning @ LB for Stryke and Friends

2. Playing with the effects while Stryke was spinning @ SPace.

1. Daft Punk @ Bang.....