Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Strip Club vs Night Club - "Door BS"

all4tribal1414779019

Guest eroc0411

i gotta say mokai was great 2night...

They took out some of couches out and there was more room 2 dance... I heard nothing but new good music...

sadly i left at 2am 2 check out SET 2 be hit w/ bob sinclair world hold on...

wow but this place has alot of little separate vip rooms on the second fl...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doorman is in charge of determining the "perfect salad" (to quote Steve Rubell) for the evening, in terms of the crowd. If all clubs just threw the doors open and had a bouncer just checking IDs as per law, there'd be no differentiation in the crowds. Music alone wouldn't be enough to determine that.

Guest michael^heaven

Here's a good example...

When I was in Amsterdam, I went to this club on Friday. I had a good time, no problems at the door or anything. The next day, I just happened to walk by the same club & ran into the promotor for Saturday nights. We chatted for a solid 20 minutes & he invited me to hear Feelgood that night. I was actually planning to hit up Chemistry @ Escape but I decided to go back to this club instead. Especially, since the promotor had been so nice & pleasant.

So, I get to the club , later that evening, & que up for a while in the cold. While in line, a guy several people ahead of me gets in an argumant with the doorman. So, the doorman (a very large, bald Dutchman) beats the sh#t out of the guy right then & there, no questions asked. We were all like whoa! Anyway, I get to the door & I spot the same promotor from earlier. I say hello but then he says..."Oh...you can't come in unless you have women with you." I was shocked but I kept cool. I asked why he invited me earlier & failed to mention that I needed a bunch of girlies in order to get in. He was basically whatever, I don't care what I said earlier, you need women to enter. We discussed it a bit further until I could feel myself getting more & more pissed off. Of course, in the back of my mind, I'm hoping the large Dutchman doesn't start whaling on me. So, I said, f@#k it & left before the situation escalated. Granted, had I known, I could have easily snagged a couple of cuties ahead of time or just gone somewhere else initially.

i can name all the clubs for them...that is not my point, has nothing to do with "well find the clubs that u like, than go to them", well i've been here long enough, i know about all those clubs...

So, what you're getting at is that the clubs need to change the rules for you? Scary sense of entitlement.

Oh, and you know a lot of the people I do. At this stage of the game you shouldn't have issues at venues worth going to.

i was speaking for guys in general...

was never talking about me...

but that's all you see

so i'll let it go

:-*

Guest Mattivi

I feel were your coming from^^^ but for me i just dont go to the beach anymore when i go out. maybe i stroll down lincoln road for my pregame, but ultimately i end up downtown where there is never a hassle. i have some decent connections thru a bartender friend to get into Suite and Cameo, but half the time i dont feel the vibe there anyways.

afterhours downtown is where its at for me; there it feels like everyone is on the same level, no class warfare, great music, fun people, and great time everytime i go out, the big S is still rocking, and nocturanl can be fun too. besides nikki beach, fuck the beach.