Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GRAPHIC IMAGE that demonstrate spiritual power

Guest trancepriest

How do you define battle? Because i'm sure the monks were battling... lol.

I'm talking an out and out military action. They sacrificed themselves, but at a practical level, it just snarled traffic for a bit. The regime was on it's way out anyways.

Guest trancepriest

How do you define battle? Because i'm sure the monks were battling... lol.

I'm talking an out and out military action. They sacrificed themselves, but at a practical level, it just snarled traffic for a bit. The regime was on it's way out anyways.

Would you say the South Africans were battling against an apartheid government or that Mandela fought a battle against an apartheid government? The elite South Vietnamese catholics were using their armed power to kill innocent and of course unarmed buddhist and also to suppress the religion. Seems like armed conflict to me.

Rather than pick up a weapon and kill people... Thich Quang Duc appealled to a moral sense of compassion.

Guest MrBojangles

agreed

I don't agree. The ability to peacefully relinquish ones life for others is something we all hold in high regards. It's the ultimate act of unselfishness. In the military this is bravery, courage, strength & honor. I admire the monks transcendence.

You should read "The Virtue of Selfishness" by Ayn Rand, it offers some additional insight into the whole idea of self sacrifice for the good of others to be the ultimate sign of good morals and ethics.

Rather than pick up a weapon and kill people... Thich Quang Duc appealled to a moral sense of compassion.

I'll give him credit for taking the gamble on an afterlife or reincarnation then.

Those of us who have to live in mundane reality can't afford to take such gambles.

That being said, like 029 said, mass violence is overused these days.

Call me an armchair general, but the watchword for the 21st century and beyond should be precision violence when needed.