Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dayum This Is Why I Love Miami

Guest coach

Guest Fernando A

Scene or no scene, Doraku has really good sushi. It's always fresh...I'm a big sushi guy, I eat there really often and I've never gotten bad fish. It's not the cheapest sushi joint, but for the quality and the location of the restaurant I'd say it's definitely reasonable. People rave about Shoji, which is also great sushi, but I don't think it's that much better than Doraku...it's also significantly more expensive. Yoko's on Alton isn't bad and it's also pretty reasonably priced. To be honest, I don't think Sushi Rock is good at all. Everything else aside, the quality of the fish isn't so great. It's pretty cheap, but I guess you're getting what you pay for.

There are a lot of great options off the beach though. I've heard of a place around 60 something and biscayne that's supposedly really good and cheap. Anybody know what it's called?

Guest rollyp66

So, finally had a free weekend with no real plans. Last night we started at Doraku for some free, yummy sushi and 2x1 drinks. Others may disagree, but I think their food is quality and their drinks are good. Plus, the cheapness don't hurt. The place was slammed with plenty of eye-candy around.

Didn't know what we were going to do later, so I started texting around and found out everyone was going to Pawn Shop to see Satan, Soozin, & Steph spin. I didn't even know they were up last night, that was sweet info.

Went over to the Carnival Center to see the International Ballet Festival that we had bought tickets for ages ago. It was excellent. A couple of weak performances, but all in all some really quality dancing.

From there we wandered literally right across the street to Pawn Shop. We were there a little early. BIG up to Rolly for taking care of us. One of the nicest guys you will ever want to meet. Thanks, man.

So, we're chillin' for a bit while they get the sound set up. Said hey to Satan & Soozin, great to see you guys. Around 11 they open the back doors and it's like a fucking flood. The "patio" gets slammed instantly.

And then our peeps start showing up. One of the largest collections of CJ/Pers I've seen in a long time. And some folks we hadn't seen in a loooooong while. Callouts, in chronological order, go to Pat, Hans, Andrea, April, Ryan, Sarah, Talmage, Sebastian, Kat, Leo, Tony, Shannon, Miriam, Diaga, and Andrew Chibale. If I missed anyone, we'll blame it on the drinks. Good seeing you all.

So, while they were having "High School Musical the Unrated Version" inside, we were all chillin', chattin', and listening to some GREAT music!

So, to sum up, free sushi, ballet, great music with friends, that's what an awesome fucking Friday is made of!

You are very welcome buddy, & thanks to all those who came out!

Guest soozin

So, finally had a free weekend with no real plans. Last night we started at Doraku for some free, yummy sushi and 2x1 drinks. Others may disagree, but I think their food is quality and their drinks are good. Plus, the cheapness don't hurt. The place was slammed with plenty of eye-candy around.

Didn't know what we were going to do later, so I started texting around and found out everyone was going to Pawn Shop to see Satan, Soozin, & Steph spin. I didn't even know they were up last night, that was sweet info.

Went over to the Carnival Center to see the International Ballet Festival that we had bought tickets for ages ago. It was excellent. A couple of weak performances, but all in all some really quality dancing.

From there we wandered literally right across the street to Pawn Shop. We were there a little early. BIG up to Rolly for taking care of us. One of the nicest guys you will ever want to meet. Thanks, man.

So, we're chillin' for a bit while they get the sound set up. Said hey to Satan & Soozin, great to see you guys. Around 11 they open the back doors and it's like a fucking flood. The "patio" gets slammed instantly.

And then our peeps start showing up. One of the largest collections of CJ/Pers I've seen in a long time. And some folks we hadn't seen in a loooooong while. Callouts, in chronological order, go to Pat, Hans, Andrea, April, Ryan, Sarah, Talmage, Sebastian, Kat, Leo, Tony, Shannon, Miriam, Diaga, and Andrew Chibale. If I missed anyone, we'll blame it on the drinks. Good seeing you all.

So, while they were having "High School Musical the Unrated Version" inside, we were all chillin', chattin', and listening to some GREAT music!

So, to sum up, free sushi, ballet, great music with friends, that's what an awesome fucking Friday is made of!

You are very welcome buddy, & thanks to all those who came out!

hell yea us club hellians had a blast, awesome seeing so many familiar faces, thanks to everyone for comin out!! and special thanks to rolly of course!!!!!!!!

Guest SpaceLauraVIP

Scene or no scene, Doraku has really good sushi. It's always fresh...I'm a big sushi guy, I eat there really often and I've never gotten bad fish. It's not the cheapest sushi joint, but for the quality and the location of the restaurant I'd say it's definitely reasonable. People rave about Shoji, which is also great sushi, but I don't think it's that much better than Doraku...it's also significantly more expensive. Yoko's on Alton isn't bad and it's also pretty reasonably priced. To be honest, I don't think Sushi Rock is good at all. Everything else aside, the quality of the fish isn't so great. It's pretty cheap, but I guess you're getting what you pay for.

There are a lot of great options off the beach though. I've heard of a place around 60 something and biscayne that's supposedly really good and cheap. Anybody know what it's called?

Sushi Rock in Suniland in Pinecrest is great. Great food and super creative with their food presentations.