Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oktoberfest 2007

Guest ILLMATIC

Guest ILLMATIC

I am going to be in Germany next week for Oktoberfest after that I will have Germany to explore. Does anyone have suggestions of what else to do out there???? Help a brother out!

I might hit some other countries but that will be a game time decision.

Guest lulamishka
There's more to Germany than nightclubs, don't forget. :)

Oh trust me, I know. ;) But asking Ramon was the first thing that popped in my head.

I would buy a travel book. The Let's Go guides would probably be the kind of guide you're looking for, Pat. I'm sure they have a Let's Go Germany.

Guest Dj_Peace

get to Frankfurt-go to the red light district-just trust me on this -take raincoats -and check out East Berlin while you are there-dollar goes very far there

I would love to go just to see the Cold War relics and get some old memorabilia from when the Wall still stood, and innumerable rock bands had a source of material.

definitely make sure to stop by one of those kiosk that sell nuts. the chocolate covered macadamian nuts are to die for! when u get the oktoberfest, start off at one of the tents, have a few beers and then go to the rides. its really fun that way. bring an umbrella or a raincoat cuz it always rains and it gets cold, so if u have one of those jackets with the fabric that resist water,those r good too.

if you have time to do some sightseeing, visit the soccer stadium if ur into that stuff. Some nearby day trips you can do are to visit Neuschwanstein castle- heres the link: Neuschwanstein Castle Pictures Castles Germany Fussen Bavarian German Schloss Newschwanstein Famous king Ludwig Picture map Winter Bavaria Munich big pics Austria Hotel Train Oberammagau Bed Breakfast Hotels Interior Photos Schwangau Hohenschwangau L . Also, you can visit Midonik- which was a concentration camp. its interesting but it will make you depressed. You can find more tourist info in the central station. The trains and subway system is really good and efficient so dont bother with cabs.

definitely try this soup they serve in Germany- its like a pancake soup- its consomme with scallions and thin slices of something that resembles a pancake.

please take video of the action in the beer halls and try to get video of the bavarian bands.

Also, if u plan to eat at burger king or mcdonalds, dont be surprised if they charge you for ketchup.

I hope you have a tons of fun. Remember when they say cheers, they say "Prost!"

Guest ILLMATIC
definitely make sure to stop by one of those kiosk that sell nuts. the chocolate covered macadamian nuts are to die for! when u get the oktoberfest, start off at one of the tents, have a few beers and then go to the rides. its really fun that way. bring an umbrella or a raincoat cuz it always rains and it gets cold, so if u have one of those jackets with the fabric that resist water,those r good too.

if you have time to do some sightseeing, visit the soccer stadium if ur into that stuff. Some nearby day trips you can do are to visit Neuschwanstein castle- heres the link: Neuschwanstein Castle Pictures Castles Germany Fussen Bavarian German Schloss Newschwanstein Famous king Ludwig Picture map Winter Bavaria Munich big pics Austria Hotel Train Oberammagau Bed Breakfast Hotels Interior Photos Schwangau Hohenschwangau L . Also, you can visit Midonik- which was a concentration camp. its interesting but it will make you depressed. You can find more tourist info in the central station. The trains and subway system is really good and efficient so dont bother with cabs.

definitely try this soup they serve in Germany- its like a pancake soup- its consomme with scallions and thin slices of something that resembles a pancake.

please take video of the action in the beer halls and try to get video of the bavarian bands.

Also, if u plan to eat at burger king or mcdonalds, dont be surprised if they charge you for ketchup.

I hope you have a tons of fun. Remember when they say cheers, they say "Prost!"

Thanks for all the info! I actually like all the ideas that everyone gave Thank you! I will take as many videos and pictures as possible. I will share with anyone who wants it.

It sounds like I might check out Amsterdam and Italy at this point the more countries the merrier.

Guest clubchicky

I am soooo jealous!!! My goal after graduation next year is to go to Oktober fest in Germany...man!!! Please tell me how it was!!! I want lots of pics too...I have been saving up for a trip like this!!! Have a blast!!!

Guest ILLMATIC
I am soooo jealous!!! My goal after graduation next year is to go to Oktober fest in Germany...man!!! Please tell me how it was!!! I want lots of pics too...I have been saving up for a trip like this!!! Have a blast!!!

LOL, I guess I had better not mention the other countries that I will be visiting. I will try to post on CJ with my progress report. I did go out and buy a Nikon D80 SLR camera with a wide-angle lens. I will have to learn on the fly how to use it. I should have some amazing pictures when I get back. I will share with all.

:D

a buddy of mine went last year and said it was a blast. i hope you get to hit italy and holland.

amsterdam is a bit of a train ride but a lot of fun. enjoy trying to figure out the street names on a map, lol.

have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ILLMATIC
a buddy of mine went last year and said it was a blast. i hope you get to hit italy and holland.

amsterdam is a bit of a train ride but a lot of fun. enjoy trying to figure out the street names on a map, lol.

have fun.

So far we have been to Amsterdam (Red light district), Germany (Munich and Frankfurt), Austria, and now we are in Italy 4 more days till we go home.

So far this trip has been awesome! One Love!

Guest lulamishka
So far we have been to Amsterdam (Red light district), Germany (Munich and Frankfurt), Austria, and now we are in Italy 4 more days till we go home.

So far this trip has been awesome! One Love!

Have you forgotten already that you were in Prague, biatch?!

oh I wish I saw this earlier, I was going to say that the Baden area is extreme beautiful I used to live there when I was younger, many spas in the mountains etc. Austria - Neuenschwanstein <---spelled wrong I'm sure) was absolutely one of the highlights of living there, there's nothing better than a carriage ride up to Cinderella's castle in the beautiful Austrian alps. Switzerland would have been ideal, there are tons of great sights throughout Germany so I'm sure you had a great time :D

Guest ILLMATIC
oh I wish I saw this earlier, I was going to say that the Baden area is extreme beautiful I used to live there when I was younger, many spas in the mountains etc. Austria - Neuenschwanstein <---spelled wrong I'm sure) was absolutely one of the highlights of living there, there's nothing better than a carriage ride up to Cinderella's castle in the beautiful Austrian alps. Switzerland would have been ideal, there are tons of great sights throughout Germany so I'm sure you had a great time :D

LOL, I snowboarded the Austrian Alps the other day it resulted in a sore right but cheek. I am currently in Switzerland (using a Swiss Keyboard is a pain in the ass btw). Going back to Germany later on today for the last leg of the trip. :D

Guest jamu

Hamburg is tons of fun as well. You gotta hit up hamburg. Avoid China Club which sucks but everything else out there is fun. Plus have a paulmduner which freakn rock. Its a kinda gyro thing. Don't know if I spelled it right but you can get them at the stations. Plus if your into audio stuff Hamburg Pro Audio is pretty cool and they got some serious vintage gear in there. The guy is pretty cool too.