Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friends with Benefits and jealousy - need advice

laurensomers

I have been friends with this guy for about a year. I met him at a bar a year ago, the day after I broke up with my boyfriend of two years. He wanted a relationship but I couldn't deal with another relationship so I thought it would just be better if we were friends. We both dated other people and remained friends.

Then about a month ago, we were both wasted one night and ended up sleeping together. I literally thought is was a one-time thing and just wanted to remain friends. Everything was normal between us, and he invited me to go on vacation to Florida with him and another guy. So I went, not expecting anything to happen, and we had INCREDIBLE sex almost every night. He would get jealous and/or mad if I danced or talked to another guy. He didn't try to hit on any other girls the whole time but I ended up making out with some other guy when I was REALLY WASTED. He was furious with me but wouldn't confront me even though it was obvious to others, who had called him on it.

I feel like I am falling in love with him and could see my self quite possibly marrying him or someone of his type. But, I am cool if he just wants to be friends but won't be able to sleep with him anymore. I refuse to put up with his jealous crap though, especially since we aren't even in a relationship, but I don't want to give ultimatum's... Advice???

I'm confused here... the way you described it, it sounds like HE's the one who wants the relationship.

He's acting jealous for one of two reasons. Either he wants a commitment from you, which you claim you want, so don't get upset that he's jealous when you flirt with other guys. He probably didn't confront you because, as you said, you're not in a relationship so he probably didn't feel he had the right to tell you to stop. But don't be mad because if he does want you as a girlfriend then it's completely natural for him to be jealous.

Or he could be the possessive type. In which case... run, run, run away!

But seriously it sounds to me like he wants something more from you. In which case, don't jerk him around by flirting and making out with other guys.

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif