Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Update:Sobebeats Presents.....A night with Anja Schneider 01/05/08

Guest knebula

Guest knebula

Let's start the year of RIGHT by enjoying a great night of music...... :)

A professional with deep industry ties and a long list of accomplishments, Anja Schneider remains an amateur in the literal sense of the word. Where others might settle into a single specialty, the Berlin-based multitasker is the founder of the successful mobilee label, a talented musician, a sought-after club DJ and a well-known radio personality.

Since 2000, Anja has broadcast her own radio show, Dance Under the Blue Moon, live on Fritz Radio every Saturday night, both on the air and the web (www.fritz.de). One of Germany's most important electronic-music radio programmes, Anja's show translates club innovations to the airwaves and treats her listeners to a wealth of unreleased material via her own sets and those of her distinguished guests. Her roster of invitees reads like a who's who of the international dance-music scene. But it's not just about dropping names: For over half a decade, Anja's show has provided the soundtrack for Saturday nights in Berlin, giving hundreds of thousands of listeners a springboard for jumping off into the long, long night.

Motivated by the simple desire to share music with the widest audience possible, a move from the broadcaster's booth to the DJ cabin was a logical extension, and in 2003 Anja launched her first residency at Berlin's famed Watergate club. Upon launching the mobilee label in April 2005, Anja launched a new monthly at Berlin's storied WMF, where she presented both mobilee label artists and an array of international guests.

But it's undoubtedly mobilee that has introduced Anja to a truly worldwide audience. Despite the label's short history so far, its innovative productions which follow Anja's lead by combining minimalism, a playful feminine spirit, slinky grooves and all-out raving madnesshave attracted the attention of top DJs, clubbers and curious listeners the world over. mobilee's buzz quickly catapulted from local word-of-mouth and online enthusiasm to attract the attention of international publications like The Wire and Mixmag, Groove , De-Bug and ResidentAdvisor.net. Anja's collaboration with Sebo K, "Rancho Relaxo," quickly became a staple in the sets of DJsand not just "minimal" DJs, around the world; she followed up that success with her solo debut for the label, the Lily of the Valley EP, which with its intricate syncopations, careful sound design and undeniable hooks continues to push the mobilee sound forward. As though she weren't busy enough, Anja has also tackled remixes for Tsuba Records, Karmarouge, Moodmusic , Conaisseur and Steve Bug's Dessous Recordings.

With ears trained through years of broadcast and DJ experience, Anja has turned her abilities as a selector towards discovering fresh, innovative talent; current mobilee signess Sebo K, Pan-Pot, GummiHz and Exercise One are just the start of what we can expect from Anja's development of mobilee as the platform for a new generation of musical talent.

www.sobebeats.com

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon
Dude you are the man!!

Anja was amazing at SSD this year!!!!

I will not miss this one!!!

I can't take credit for this one. This is all Sobebeats guys.

We have a few collabs in the works for the 08 though ;)

Guest tekniQz

Well thank you for your all your help in the scene.That is deserved!!

Then i give a big Thanks to the "SOBEBEATS CREW" for this one!!!

Thank's guys.

Zach

Guest knebula

We should start the teasing pretty soon!!!!!

hehe

a great night indeed....

Guest MissDigital

hell fucken yes!~

non stop love for u sobe beats

appednix was awesome.... amibivalent was jam packed .. this one is gonna take the cake

this techno crew is putting miami back on the map

Guest Major

Fantastic booking! I've been playing her remix of 'Charly by Pan-Pot' last few weeks..very twisted and funky, love it. All goes well, I'll be there.

Guest knebula
Fantastic booking! I've been playing her remix of 'Charly by Pan-Pot' last few weeks..very twisted and funky, love it. All goes well, I'll be there.

ive been playing both the original and her remix as well....hope to see you there!!!

Guest Juniper

Mobilee is one of the most important labels out there atm -

'Rancho Relaxo' one of my fav tunes of all time

should be a proper one yeh

Guest musicalmissionary
This time I am charging you mr.2importan2payacover haha

No problem man. That was actually Major playing the "mr.2importan2payacover" part and I just followed his lead. But... (and I know this is all in good fun)... I'll buy you a round or two at Laundry Bar this Friday night for Three ;)

Guest RzO

was my favorite set at sunday school. Along with adultnapper, she was the other that stood out the most for me that day. (mind u i was a house snob until that day, i saw the techno light, lol)

great booking, im there!

Guest Sobebeats
No problem man. That was actually Major playing the "mr.2importan2payacover" part and I just followed his lead. But... (and I know this is all in good fun)... I'll buy you a round or two at Laundry Bar this Friday night for Three ;)

haha now is Mayor... haha

Guest Philip
at SSFD Bug & adultnapper did it for me - but Anjas energy was unmatched

Anja definitely had the crowd that day

nice work Sobebeats