Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sleepless Night [Miami]

Guest obby

Guest soozin
Dumbass, it was put on by Miami Beach. You want your own thing, get your city to do it!

In my view, there were 3 main issues.

1) Not enough "sleepless" stuff. That is, it was very front-loaded. Lots of stuff to do until around midnight or 1am, but it slowed down after that.

2) They were obviously not prepared for the crowds they got. While it is a very good thing that they had more people than planned for, it kinda effed things up for us. I don't really hold anyone accountable for this, though. If they had planned for too many, and not as many showed up, then that would be a huge waste of money. So, I think there wasn't much to be done about that.

3) They need to be stricter about people who want to claim to be participating, but really aren't doing much. There were a few places that were just doing basically whatever they usually do and claimed that it was some Sleepless Night event. If you want to be included in the advertising materials and on the list of events, you need to do something really special.

Other than those three things, the first of which was really the only major one, we had a great time.

+1 on all 3 points. well analyzed and said. i had fun but def ran into those same issues

Guest coach

Well, let me just put it this way, I have paid, in some cases quite a bit, for events that have been WAY less organized. I will hold my heavy critique until the 2nd year. If they learn from their mistakes, then that's cool. If not, then I will come down on them.

Actually, I know one of the organizers, as do you Pod, and I will be sending her a detailed description of where they went right and where they went wrong. Remember that I made my living in event production for almost 10 years.

I agree that an event in the Wynwood district would be cool, but you have one, every month, which you do not attend. Until you make it to the Art Walk, I cannot see how you have any place to complain.

This event was not big enough, like Art Basel, to split up. It was designed to be either walkable or short bus-hops. Having more than 1 event a year like this, in different art districts would be cool, though.

Guest pod

They need to make it to the third weekend of the month in Wynwood. Lately I've been slammed with commitments to our ticketing division every second Saturday evening (don't forget I wear 20 hats around here :) )

Yeah, I want them to rearrange their schedule to accommodate me.

:cool:

Guest coach
They need to make it to the third weekend of the month in Wynwood. Lately I've been slammed with commitments to our ticketing division every second Saturday evening (don't forget I wear 20 hats around here :) )

Yeah, I want them to rearrange their schedule to accommodate me.

:cool:

Give 'em a ring! Won't know until you ask.