Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kids today...WTF?

Guest Dj_Peace

Guest cire

Wow, Sick! Whenever mindlessness happens like this I think of how much shit kids are subjected to today. I know, crazy people are going to do crazy shit, but even just 15 to 20 years ago there was not near the amount of available stuff for kids to look at via internet or the 9 million channels of T.V. Don't know what could have been done to stop this or the VA Tech shootings, or anything else, except monitor more closely any warning signs for shit like this. Insanity.

Guest cire

Shitty parents = No Brainer.

What do we expect when we hand out cell phones to 7 year olds, and allow little children to listen to the likes of Fergie singing about shaking her ass, and sucking cock. Nothing like some 8 year olds making youtube vids for My Humps. Kids can watch beheadings on the net, see anything they want, and it's all at their fingertips, as soon as the parents are out of the room or out of the house.

Children develop morals at VERY early age. Apparently certain aspects of right and wrong were not conveyed to this kid. Very sad.

Do you think that it is a breakdown in the mental capacity of our society as a whole or what do you think is the culprit? More and more you see middle class kids doing things like this, you can't always blame their upbringing and environment. Or has humanity always been capable of these atrocities?

Guest cire

Humanity has and always will be capable of the best and the worst, but as time goes on the amount of information that is accesible, I believe adds to the severity and thought put into acts of violence. They stop becoming impulse and become scripted out acts, like the one in the story. Done for thrill, but thought out.

I do agree that you cannot always blame upbringing and social class/environment.

Guest Dj_Peace
Humanity has and always will be capable of the best and the worst, but as time goes on the amount of information that is accesible, I believe adds to the severity and thought put into acts of violence. They stop becoming impulse and become scripted out acts, like the one in the story. Done for thrill, but thought out.

I do agree that you cannot always blame upbringing and social class/environment.

Very well said. I think the probelm is moreso the fact that as a society we have become desensitizxed to violence (think of the mos tpopular selling video gmaes right now -Halo3 and COD4 and how many parents rush otu to buy these for their kids) . Everyday reports of violence lead the news broadcasts. As a country, we solve our disputes or differneces with another country not by diplomacy but by sheer brute force. On television shows, in particualr these so-called court shows and even more so the "far-from" reality shows -rudenss, crass adn ugly behaviour are what is glorified and celebrated. Music of all genres make light of atrocities adn acts of misogynization. Therefore, the line between right and wrong is obscurred in a major way. As parents you try, you hope, and in my house you pray that you are raising your children to be able to be successful, moreal and ethical beings full of integrity and wisdom. You have to lead by example. and, unfortunately, as we have sen in the past few years from the lynching of James Byrd in Texas to the brutal rape and torutre of Megan Williams in virgina last month, the human species has always been capable of heinous acts of curelty and violence towards one another. hitler with the concentration camps. Rwanda with the hutus and tutsis. Europe and America and the trans-atlantic trade slave. america and the massacre and downright genocisde towards the indigenous people...hell right now in Myanmar with the monks...MONKS for crying out loud. ..and yet, there is till a glimmer of hope for humanity that resores my faith in the smallest of gestures -a smile form my daughter, a stranger holding a door or neighbors helping neighbors when tragedy hits.WE just need more stories about those types of events to counter all of the doom and gloom we get on the daily.

My.05 cents.