Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Going to Washington DC next week. Any suggestions??

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm going to Delaware for Thanksgiving. Then on Friday I'm going to Philadelphia for the day.

Then on Saturday and Sunday we are going to Washington DC. I've never been there before.

All I know is that we are staying near Dupont Circle and going to see Deep Dish at some club on Saturday night...

So what should I do in between?? Food? Shopping etc...

Thanks!

Guest cire
Take a dump on the White House lawn and then piss in the Reflecting Pool.

I'm gonna sencond that...LOL.

I've always wanted to go to one of the BuzzLife productions there. Don't think they have anything major that weekend after looking at their site. I used to go to DC when I was younger and lived in VA. There's plenty to see if you like the history of the place. Judging by the places you are going you should get plenty of that. Have fun, sounds like an interesting trip!

Guest web_norah

visit Georgetown area. go to the Smithsonian.

i really enjoyed DC when i went, did all the tourist, historic places, there is a lot to cover in that respect.

i am not sure if the Yoshitoshi people have their shop still open but anyway, even that was fun, walking around in that part of town.

Guest myles hie
visit Georgetown area. go to the Smithsonian.

i really enjoyed DC when i went, did all the tourist, historic places, there is a lot to cover in that respect.

i am not sure if the Yoshitoshi people have their shop still open but anyway, even that was fun, walking around in that part of town.

+1

Whatever your feelings about the current administration are, go check out the historical American things. DC is a place that i have found the traditional "touristy" type things are actually cool. Go see the monuments the Smithsonian etc..

Guest Dj_Peace
I'm going to Delaware for Thanksgiving. Then on Friday I'm going to Philadelphia for the day.

Then on Saturday and Sunday we are going to Washington DC. I've never been there before.

All I know is that we are staying near Dupont Circle and going to see Deep Dish at some club on Saturday night...

So what should I do in between?? Food? Shopping etc...

Thanks!

Also, find any party that Sam" The Man" Burns is playing...always guaranteed to be a slamming HOasis - also, try any of the ethiopian or other african restaurants serving cuisine frm that continent-lots of interesting flavors, spices and textures..and Elephant Beer! FTW

Guest obby

Check out......

- National Air & Space Museum

- Museum of Natural History

- George Town (Good for shopping and vinyl shops)

- Elephant & Castle - 1201 Pennsylvania Ave NW (Awesome pub with a killer shepherds pie)

- Old Ebbitt Grill - 675 15th St NW (awesome oyster bar and pub that is open till late)

If you are interested in seeing pole dancers then hit up:

- Camelot Club - 1823 M St. NW

I have to warn you though. Strip clubs in DC suck!!!!!! No private dances, no touching, no nothing. In other words, Don't waste your time.

As for the night clubs, they all suck!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents

If the weather is nice may I highly recommend a morning jog down 17th street and constitutional avenue.

SOTU Approved!!!

Guest pod

I love it when I hear from people who go to other cities just for the nightlife. Usually the sort to get all junk-faced to the point they couldn't tell if they were in DC, Miami, or Ibiza if you asked them point blank.

Guest swirlundergrounder
Sharam is at Club Ibiza in DC on Saturday.
Yeah I'm going to do that on Saturday. Anyone ever been to that venue?

Guest swirlundergrounder
if i went to DC i wouldnt go clubbing go see government bldgs and shit..

and do what pod said also :D

You can't go see those things in the middle of the night....

Guest swirlundergrounder
Check out......

- National Air & Space Museum

- Museum of Natural History

- George Town (Good for shopping and vinyl shops)

- Elephant & Castle - 1201 Pennsylvania Ave NW (Awesome pub with a killer shepherds pie)

- Old Ebbitt Grill - 675 15th St NW (awesome oyster bar and pub that is open till late)

If you are interested in seeing pole dancers then hit up:

- Camelot Club - 1823 M St. NW

I have to warn you though. Strip clubs in DC suck!!!!!! No private dances, no touching, no nothing. In other words, Don't waste your time.

As for the night clubs, they all suck!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents

If the weather is nice may I highly recommend a morning jog down 17th street and constitutional avenue.

SOTU Approved!!!

I'm surprised that you did not tell me to go have lunch with Dick Cheney and friends...

Guest Buck White

Chocolate City, huh ? One of the few cities where you can hear automatic and semi-automatic gunfire on a nightly basis. Have fun.

Guest michael^heaven

Definitely checkout the Smithsonian (doubt you'll even come close to seeing everything there!), & all of the other historical landmarks, Declaration of Independance, etc.

Guest web_norah

fyi - not all DC bars or clubs suck

it is a different scene, that's all.

and yes DO SEE as much as you can handle of the Smithsonian and all the historic sites --and visit Georgetown.

Guest obby
I'm surprised that you did not tell me to go have lunch with Dick Cheney and friends...

You're not that privileged.

:)

Have a good time swirl. Our Capital is beautiful!!!!!