Clubplanet Nightlife Community

11.23.07 Robots Invade Miami : Bill Patrick + Dennis Rodgers

Guest musicalmissionary

Guest musicalmissionary
looking forward to seeing dennis the menace and bill 'rave till dawn' patrick.

Don't plan on sleeping at all Friday night or Saturday morning... this one's gunnu go on for a while....... .... .. . . ... . ..

Guest ramon

what a night/day of incredible music.

oppppppennn your mind.

thanks to everyone who made this happen. :)

david , thanks for giving michael an opportunity to play the afters as well.

Guest musicalmissionary

What an amazing night. Bill and Dennis blew some heads up. Maurizio and Danyelino rocked a few bodies as well. The crowd was awesome. Saw several peeps I haven't seen out in a long ass time.

Bill and Dennis genuinely loved it. According to Bill, they rarely play together anymore and when they do they tend to overhype themselves and they end up disappointed. They both felt that last night was one of their best sets together.

And to those who were waiting for them to play at the warehouse... the honest to God truth is that they were so impressed by Michael Lewis that they did not want to interrupt his set. That's a hell of a compliment.

Thanks to Laundry Bar for making last night happen.

Keep an ear out for a recording of last night to surface...

Guest NicoleC

I am so happy I braved the rain to come in for Robots and for Emmy's birthday celebration.

Here are some of the photos that I struggled for (c'mon Laundry Bar - if you are going to book all this great talent do you think we can get some decent lighting in the joint?) ;)

The rest of the gallery is up on Resident Advisor:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/photo-gallery.aspx?id=36917

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0641a.jpg

Guest ramon
What an amazing night. Bill and Dennis blew some heads up. Maurizio and Danyelino rocked a few bodies as well. The crowd was awesome. Saw several peeps I haven't seen out in a long ass time.

Bill and Dennis genuinely loved it. According to Bill, they rarely play together anymore and when they do they tend to overhype themselves and they end up disappointed. They both felt that last night was one of their best sets together.

And to those who were waiting for them to play at the warehouse... the honest to God truth is that they were so impressed by Michael Lewis that they did not want to interrupt his set. That's a hell of a compliment.

Thanks to Laundry Bar for making last night happen.

Keep an ear out for a recording of last night to surface...

Bill and Dennis show why ROBOTS is such a great party in new york. They played all across the board from house to techno to jackin chicago ish. The only thing minimal was my energy left after dancin'. Bassline alerts left and right. Even a few conference bombs of yesteryear. Open youuuuuur mind ... It's really nice to finally see that we can have these folks come here be appreciated and they can also enjoy themselves. We've come a long way since the first time Dennis played here solo @ Privilege and the same with Bill.

Michael Louis was amazing at the afterhours. I could barely stand , but the music just kept me going. He put on a clinic on opening a room and keeping that vibe going. Looking forward to seeing him play again soon. Real soon you know what i mean? ;)

Guest MaUrI_DanY_DJ

We want to thank David for giving us the exclusive opportunity to open for Bill and Dennis, that apart from giving a great performance and creating a great vibe at LB, they gave us inspiration and motivation to keep pushing Miami Techno as a DJ duo, like they did in NY 3 years ago when the Robot's Party started.

By the way , did you know that Bill's real last name is "Gargiulo" ? Yes he has Neapolitan blood ! I knew it. (If you open a phonebook in Naples,Italy you will see that a big chunk of pages is filled by Gargiulo's listings :) :) :)

Proud to be Neapolitan !

BTW , we were so inspired by their magic, that after, we went to the recording studio and put down a new track that Dennis and Bill will remix for WMC.

Good things happened to miami's Techno scene last friday (and saturday morning).

I just wished they were playing at the Afterhour. Next time ?

Keep' em coming please.

M & D

Guest thelurker
We want to thank David for giving us the exclusive opportunity to open for Bill and Dennis, that apart from giving a great performance and creating a great vibe at LB, they gave us inspiration and motivation to keep pushing Miami Techno as a DJ duo, like they did in NY 3 years ago when the Robot's Party started.

By the way , did you know that Bill's real last name is "Gargiulo" ? Yes he has Neapolitan blood ! I knew it. (If you open a phonebook in Naples,Italy you will see that a big chunk of pages is filled by Gargiulo's listings :) :) :)

Proud to be Neapolitan !

BTW , we were so inspired by their magic, that after, we went to the recording studio and put down a new track that Dennis and Bill will remix for WMC.

Good things happened to miami's Techno scene last friday (and saturday morning).

I just wished they were playing at the Afterhour. Next time ?

Keep' em coming please.

M & D

Good to meet both you guys.