Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Barry Bonds faces 30 yrs in jail.

Guest eroc0411

Guest eroc0411
bonds is the most talented you've ever seen eh? he's good, but you need to watch more baseball.

well im only 27 i bet you gonna throw in some old timers... griffey is # 1. Bonds #2 after that its debatable.

Guest slamminshaun

Those guys (Griffey and Bonds) are worthy of carrying Alex Rodriguez' batting equipment maybe...THAT is the most talented player I've ever seen play. I hope to God he shatters the home run record. If not, someone else will eventually.

From a historical perspective, Babe Ruth is without a doubt, the #1 player of all time. It's not even debatable. Absolutely nobody did the things Ruth did on the field. He hit more home runs by himself in 1920 then every single team in the majors (except one). He pitched a 14 inning complete game in the World Series...that's right, he pitched too!!! He had a 94-46 career pitching record and a tiny 2.28 career ERA...not bad for a guy who also had time to hit 714 home runs while posting a lifetime average of .346!

Guest Dj_Peace

of course the bambino's record deserves an asterisk as well since he didn't play against ALL of the great talent of his time due to the color line which banned black ballplayers that were setting the diamond on fire in the Negro Leagues

Guest cire

I agree with Griffey. He is my all-time favorite player, but has been plagued by injuries. I hope he stays healthy the remainder of his career. Alex Rodriguez is probably the best we will see in our life time though.

As for Barry Bonds, his asshole attitude is going to catch up with him. I don't know what will happen, but he is as tainted as a batch of toys from China. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Guest slamminshaun
of course the bambino's record deserves an asterisk as well since he didn't play against ALL of the great talent of his time due to the color line which banned black ballplayers that were setting the diamond on fire in the Negro Leagues

What record are you referring to? Pretty much every record he set was eventually broken (many by Bonds). And considering the Negro Leagues really didn't get going until 1920 and then didn't really begin to take off (with outstanding players like Paige and Gibson) until the early 30s, I don't see how your discrediting of Ruth's statistics makes any sense. His career was pretty much over by then...

Guest cire

I believe the Negro Leagues were around way before then, just didn't come to real prominence till the early 20's...Anyways,

The Babe should have an asterisk for being able to hit a ball drunk. Some how this got turned into something racial.

I think it all comes down to Barry being a freaking asshole. If he was well spoken and an ambassador like the likes of Cal Ripken, Tony Gwynn, Kirby Puckett or Hank Aaron, he probably would have been left alone a long time ago.

Guest cire

None of the players in the U.S. have ever really played against other countries as well. Like Japan and others. That's why I liked watching the World Baseball Classic a couple years back. We saw what happened when we played against the worlds best...We lost.