Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Curious!

Guest dancefloored

Guest dancefloored

freak!

you hear of clubs opening and opening and closing and closing. Its understandable because of a clubs location etc

but how do you open up another nightlife website/forums and expect it to be something greater than what its trying to replace?

Angie and Mary is still Mary. its not going to give birth to a litter of 500 fresh new clubbers that will energize the boards

please help

Guest myles hie

A few things imo..

Brand awareness

Staff

Funding

No one is "giving birth" to new users, but you need a staff, with funding to create brand awareness with an already existing market. Better or worse is a subjective thing to the creater and consumers of these sites, so you find what people like, give them more of that but always keeping your eye on luring in n00bs with new, fresh content while not aleinating you current consumers. Bit of a balancing act, unless you find your golden goose and are able to do one thing consistantly and not have to change.

Guest musicalmissionary

but how do you open up another nightlife website/forums and expect it to be something greater than what its trying to replace?

It's not that hard to figure out. In theory... a new website could offer a more appealing interface with more appealing functionality and better content. Just as a new club can open with a better location and better staff and better layout and better music programming and better promotions.

Guest dancefloored

back off bootstah!$%#&

yes tru, but when a site isnt too appealing to the eye and navigating isnt as simple as what Im used to, you can call it quits for me and for many others I know

imo miami nightlife forums has seen its time

I'll be right here though til the door closes

Guest myles hie
Am i the only one that was confused reading that?

Thinly veiled attempt to stir the pot maybe?

Or maybe he was curious is to how 1 site could be better than another site when using the same topic (nightlife and events in SoFl)?

Guest musicalmissionary

yes tru, but when a site isnt too appealing to the eye and navigating isnt as simple as what Im used to, you can call it quits for me and for many others I know

imo miami nightlife forums has seen its time

I'll be right here though til the door closes

I agree with you... I was just pointing out HOW a new website could POSSIBLY be better than another one covering the same topic.

Thinly veiled attempt to stir the pot maybe?

Or maybe he was curious is to how 1 site could be better than another site when using the same topic (nightlife and events in SoFl)?

What confuses me is the assumption that one was trying to replace the other. That is totally not the case. The other site was already running before all this went down.

Here's another question to ponder.....why am i on three different nightlife forums? Well because i take something different from each one.

Oh yeah and citing visual and programming aspects of a site in the Alpha stage as a deterrent doesn't really say much about your understanding of how these things work OR your patience/intelligence.

Just sayin.

Guest ICON
Here's another question to ponder.....why am i on three different nightlife forums? Well because i take something different from each one.

Oh yeah and citing visual and programming aspects of a site in the Alpha stage as a deterrent doesn't really say much about your understanding of how these things work OR your patience/intelligence.

Just sayin.

Alpha LOL - dude, it is a standard phpBB script.

Anyways - My take on the whole thing... The negative shitslinging and shit talking about CJ, Track, and CP on that "Alpha" site are enough to keep me away from it... not to mention, I simply dont like their forum software. It isnt friendly with Internet Explorer, and when asked about it, they all told me I was an idiot for using Internet Explorer... Wish the Alpha Group the best..

Guest myles hie
Alpha LOL - dude, it is a standard phpBB script.

Anyways - My take on the whole thing... The negative shitslinging and shit talking about CJ, Track, and CP on that "Alpha" site is enough to keep me away from it.

But its ok for you to talk shit about those people hmmm?

Guest ICON

absolutely because i dont work, or have never worked for either company. the alpha's sound like a bunch of grumpy old baseball players that were just sent down to the minor leagues and have nothing good to say about their own actions, so they talk shit about their old team.

nerds_l.jpg

Guest myles hie
absolutely because i dont work, or have never worked for either company. the alpha's sound like a bunch of grumpy old baseball players that were just sent down to the minor leagues and have nothing good to say about their own actions, so they talk shit about their old team.

nerds_l.jpg

Going with your ROTN theme, don't the Alpha's win in the end?

Guest coach
Dude get over yourself already. Sheesh.

Yeah, I'd have to go with that.

Icon, weren't you just telling me to not take nightlife messageboards so seriously in another thread?

The funny thing is, in that thread, I was actually trying to offer constructive suggestions to the CJ management. In this thread, you're just bitching. Now, who is the grumpy old man?

Guest ICON

First, people like you, Dade, and several others are on here talking shit about it being the end of CJ... how out of touch CJ is.. bla bla bla.. when the staff of this site comes on here asking questions, etc - you guys attack him with stupid ass nonsense.

Next, when you go on the Alpha board, the whole board seems to be talking shit about THIS SITE. It's time to fucking move on. It's over.

I simply laughed because I think it is funny that they are still calling it "alpha".. and I dont like phpBB forum software. Im not saying anything negative about any person involved with that site. Like I said, I wish them the best of luck.

Guest coach
Im not saying anything negative about any person involved with that site.

Wait, this isn't negative?

the alpha's sound like a bunch of grumpy old baseball players that were just sent down to the minor leagues and have nothing good to say about their own actions, so they talk shit about their old team.

Man, I'd hate to see when you are really torked off!

Guest JustDade
First, people like you, Dade, and several others are on here talking shit about it being the end of CJ... how out of touch CJ is.. bla bla bla.. when the staff of this site comes on here asking questions, etc - you guys attack him with stupid ass nonsense.

Next, when you go on the Alpha board, the whole board seems to be talking shit about THIS SITE. It's time to fucking move on. It's over.

I simply laughed because I think it is funny that they are still calling it "alpha".. and I dont like phpBB forum software. Im not saying anything negative about any person involved with that site. Like I said, I wish them the best of luck.

Pardon me, but where and when have I said anything about the end of CJ? I have stayed out of that conversation on both boards. The only comments I made were about the POD situation and how I felt it was wrong to fire a guy at Christmas......and about conflicts of interest. I have not forcasted the demise or success of anything nor have I indicated any preference for either site.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Guest dancefloored
What confuses me is the assumption that one was trying to replace the other. That is totally not the case. The other site was already running before all this went down.

geeez I leave for a bit and come back to folks takin shots at eachother. Sorry for the thread this close to xmas, hannukah, kwanza etc

not complete replacement Oni, rather replacing as the number 1 nightlife entertainment site. Guess thats what I meant