Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Party 93.1 Back..

Guest CHH

Guest CHH

Hi Miami junkies.

today, while searching "party 93.1" on google, it showed me up this page - http://party931.com

It says:

"Welcome to the new Party 93.1 HD2.

More coming soon

"

Is this means 93.1 is finally back? and please explain more about HD2..

Guest JustDade

You just happened to be doing a Google search for "Party 93.1?" Yeah right! For the record, nobody has HD Radio because it's a load of crap.

Guest drfunk

I'd disagree. I know tons are sold at Crutchfield and there are about 34 HD stations in Miami... I will agree that adoption is still quite slow.

iBiquity Raising More Cash For Slumping HD Radio - 3/30 - From venturebeat.com: Getting HD Radio off the ground isn't easy. People are still wed to AM/FM radio. And HD Radio faces tough competition from iPods, music on mobile phones, and satellite radio. But iBiquity Digital is laboring to get HD Radio adopted. The Columbia MD company is in the process of raising a $15 million fourth round of venture capital. Investors include Grotech Partners of Timonium MD, NYC's JP Morgan, New Venture Partners, and Pequot Private Equity Fund. Another broadcast campaign to consumers is being launched on 3/31.

Guest JustDade
I'd disagree. I know tons are sold at Crutchfield and there are about 34 HD stations in Miami... I will agree that adoption is still quite slow.

iBiquity Raising More Cash For Slumping HD Radio - 3/30 - From venturebeat.com: Getting HD Radio off the ground isn't easy. People are still wed to AM/FM radio. And HD Radio faces tough competition from iPods, music on mobile phones, and satellite radio. But iBiquity Digital is laboring to get HD Radio adopted. The Columbia MD company is in the process of raising a $15 million fourth round of venture capital. Investors include Grotech Partners of Timonium MD, NYC's JP Morgan, New Venture Partners, and Pequot Private Equity Fund. Another broadcast campaign to consumers is being launched on 3/31.

That's all great but why do you guys feel it's necessary to come onto a message board and make up a load of horseshit? Nobody's searched for Party 93.1 on Google for years. Hell, nobody cared when the station was on free radio. Why can't you just come on here and say "we're trying to promote this station and we hope you'll give it a try?"

As for your iBiquity notes.......forget about it. HD is radio's attempt to fight back against the proliferation of Satellite Radio. Clear Channel is the leading force against the XM/Sirius merger. The truth is that HD radio is nonsense that will never catch on. People would rather pay for something good than get something shitty for free. This is a perfect example. I have Sirius in my car. There are a bunch of good Dance stations. I have a chill station, a break-beat station and much more. All you're offering me is a station that was so bad that nobody listened to it when it was free. Thanks so much!!

Guest CHH

lol

Are you fine?

I'm not promoting the station. I'm not even from the USA (I'm from Bulgaria). I used to listen to the old 93.1 and liked the mix shows! So from time to time I'm searching on google for any updates about 93.1

Guest JustDade

I don't need roids to be an asshole. Why didn't you just say that you were in Bulgaria? That makes so much more sense. After all, we get that all the time......some Bulgarian trance lover searches the net for old Acosta mixes from 93.1 and then can't resist spreading tghe word on the CJ messageboard. I just wish I had a dime for every time that happened. I'm just wondering how good that HD radio reception is over in Bulgaria.......

Guest Mr. Negativity
lol

Are you fine?

I'm not promoting the station. I'm not even from the USA (I'm from Bulgaria). I used to listen to the old 93.1 and liked the mix shows! So from time to time I'm searching on google for any updates about 93.1

You hail from the wonderful country of Bulgaria and you tune in to a station run by a bunch of shlubs operating out of some 8 family home in Hialeah?

Guest xbbdc
I don't need roids to be an asshole. Why didn't you just say that you were in Bulgaria? That makes so much more sense. After all, we get that all the time......some Bulgarian trance lover searches the net for old Acosta mixes from 93.1 and then can't resist spreading tghe word on the CJ messageboard. I just wish I had a dime for every time that happened. I'm just wondering how good that HD radio reception is over in Bulgaria.......

chill the fuck out dude... HD radio is for chimps? LOL...

Guest Blackiechan76
I think its a quick step forward to the Dance music community in South Florida...

The mere mentioning of that station and dance music in the same sentence is making me sick to my stomach.

Guest ICON
pfftt... anyways, is there any links to listen online?

no need to listen... just close your eyes and say these words 5,000 times:

OH TELL ME WHY, DO WE BUILD CASTLES IN THE SKY.

:lamer:

Guest drfunk

From TeknoKelvins site:

I talked with Phil Michaels-Trueba, the guy who runs Party 93.1. He confirmed that....

the web stream is going back up soon and that Party isn't leaving anytime soon. They had some issues but are working them out, no ETA though. He also said he's going to try his best to get it upgraded.

Happy Times!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DeepHouseMan

I also spoke with Phil Michaels and he confirmed that when the station comes back up they are changing their fomat and playing nothing but Deep House!!!!

Guest CHH
I also spoke with Phil Michaels and he confirmed that when the station comes back up they are changing their fomat and playing nothing but Deep House!!!!

I would like to ask you - when the station will change its format?