Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sublevel Legends Sat June 7th Andrew Weatherall & Doc Martin

Guest sublevel

Guest sublevel

Sublevel Legends Sat June 7th

Andrew Weatherall & Doc Martin

Weatherall emerged from the British acid house and rave scene in the early '80s. His DJ sets soon led him to the studio, where he recorded as part of respected electronica acts Sabres Of Paradise and later Two Lone Swordsman. Further studio work led to remixes of Bjork, New Order and the Orb.

His record collection spans many genres, so it's not uncommon to hear modern dance beats alongside dub, post-punk and rockabilly in his music. So extensive is his music knowledge, the latest Two Lone Swordsman material has more in common with early post-punk then techno.

Weatherall's move to a more rock sound isn't so surprising. In 1991, he was the production wiz who melded indie rock with acid house on Primal Scream's seminal album Screamadelica. The producer isn't keen to ruin the album's illusion by giving away too much about its creation, though.

"People phone up doing things about classic albums and ask, 'Do you want to talk about how it was made?' Not really. The same way I don't want to know how magic tricks work.

While his contemporaries are selling their latest beats via internet download, Weatherall opted, in his group Two Lone Swordsman, to release the album Wrong Meeting as a vinyl-only box-set with plenty of goodies inside.

"Files are great but a nice box with a T-shirt, some drawings and a book is a little more exciting then pressing a few buttons or whatever you do to download things. I don't know - I've never downloaded anything in my life."

It's not technology Weatherall has an issue with but sound quality.

Come witness June 7th.

Tickets may increase in price closer to the date or if purchased at the door.

To purchase Pre sales go to www.sublevelcalifornia.com news section limited capacity.

Must be 21+ by purchasing your ticket you are acknowledging that you are 21 no refunds will be issued to anyone purchasing tickets that are under 21 no refunds at the door.

This event will run from 10pm-Late

Please call 1 888 592 0555/ 1 323 386 4660 for directions on the

Night.

You can also log onto the website to get info, directions will be posted on the night of the event.