Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Copycat Miami

Guest Mr. Negativity

Guest Mr. Negativity

So the EDM loving south Floridiots have spent the last year imitating Detroit in their quest to come up with some "interesting" new parties.

Now that minimal is as stale as a 5 year old crouton, what city's scene will our wonderful illegal immigrants imitate next?

Guest s_a_b_o_x

how about Berlin, New York, Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Rome, Bogota, Neuss, Ontario ohh sorry they also like "minimal" in those cities, so I guess those are out of the picture.

Why don't you suggest something? How about Brownsville, TX or Birmingham, AL, or any other "Heee Haw" city you may be from? I've heard "macro folk" is the new way to go. Probably something you will enjoy I guess....DUGE

What I don't get is why people are always complaining about the music scene in general. Be happy that any good dj is booked in Miami outside of WMC and honestly there a ton of great promoters in Miami who bring the goodness. Who cares if dj x is playing minimal or house or whatever is big right now, if you don't like it then don't go out....

just my .02

and if it's really that bad then go to Ibiza or Sonar and get your real fix on. If you want change then make it happen.

Guest Mr. Negativity

If you fucking clowns continue taking these things so seriously, you'll be dead before next WMC...

...and that means someone will have to get rid of all your stupid scarves for you!

Guest s_a_b_o_x
...and that means someone will have to get rid of all your stupid scarves for you!

...kind of funny i guess ?!?!?! :cwm6:

Hungarian Folk is the next wave!

This is actually somewhat true, really...

Guest epdarks

It's a fair question... I don't think minimal or techno is done yet. Next year this question will be more valid.

Guest Amado

How many minimal parties are really out there in Miami?

Why would you be complaining about this?

For me honestly - it seems like this town is run by the mash up,

or open format as they call it. I will take minimal, techno, deep house, acid jazz, any day over the dreaded mash up.

I mean truly - going from madonna, to kenny rogers, to freaking salsa, and shakira -

really kills me. And it seems thats what all the major venues are doing in this town.

You want to talk about LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lack of creativity, and a feel for anything new and different is what is driving our hometown into the ground. When I was younger the reason I loved going to clubs so much was because the music was always new and fresh, what I heard in the clubs was not what I heard on the radio, yet now everywhere I go all I here is radio play music. I mean for goodness sake the majority of djs I hear now a days coming from this town could either play for power _ _ or at the spanish wedding -- its driving me absolutely crazee.

Having spent a good portion of my life in clubs all over, maybe has just left me with greater expectations of what it should be or where I truly believe it should be by now.

It just seems like it has not progressed foward in our hometown as much as it should have. Miami should be leading the way, yet I feel it has fallen so far behind.

And if "Mr FlashLight Repair man" wants to comment then by all means, - it is welcome.

Amado

How many minimal parties are really out there in Miami?

Why would you be complaining about this?

For me honestly - it seems like this town is run by the mash up,

or open format as they call it. I will take minimal, techno, deep house, acid jazz, any day over the dreaded mash up.

I mean truly - going from madonna, to kenny rogers, to freaking salsa, and shakira -

really kills me. And it seems thats what all the major venues are doing in this town.

You want to talk about LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lack of creativity, and a feel for anything new and different is what is driving our hometown into the ground. When I was younger the reason I loved going to clubs so much was because the music was always new and fresh, what I heard in the clubs was not what I heard on the radio, yet now everywhere I go all I here is radio play music. I mean for goodness sake the majority of djs I hear now a days coming from this town could either play for power _ _ or at the spanish wedding -- its driving me absolutely crazee.

Having spent a good portion of my life in clubs all over, maybe has just left me with greater expectations of what it should be or where I truly believe it should be by now.

It just seems like it has not progressed foward in our hometown as much as it should have. Miami should be leading the way, yet I feel it has fallen so far behind.

And if "Mr FlashLight Repair man" wants to comment then by all means, - it is welcome.

Amado

welcome to miami

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DJ Nova
So the EDM loving south Floridiots have spent the last year imitating Detroit in their quest to come up with some "interesting" new parties.

Now that minimal is as stale as a 5 year old crouton, what city's scene will our wonderful illegal immigrants imitate next?

While some people have spent the" last year" "imitating" detroit....according to Negative Boy. I have been doing these parties in Miami since 1998- See Mami Meets Detroit BBQ('99-'04). Our parties have Never been boring..because they've always been TECHNO. Techno is forever changing and always at the cutting edge...whether you were there back then or now....it is the TRUEST form of dance music(along with house-real house...not what people are Now calling House). It's fin...just finally caught on...but believe me when I tell you...that just because people say they play techno....does not mean they do it well. Just as there is good music ..there is bad music..and good parties...bad parties...etc. ...and Mr Negative...people have spent MUCH MORE time copying and playing other forms of music that are NOT techno!

So dont be soo mad .....and try to be glad that there is DIVERSITY...even if not much....it's MUCH more than there used to be 5-6 years ago!!

and YES ....I'm STILL HERE !!!

Nova

Guest Krazyjuice
What I don't get is why people are always complaining about the music scene in general. Be happy that any good dj is booked in Miami outside of WMC and honestly there a ton of great promoters in Miami who bring the goodness. Who cares if dj x is playing minimal or house or whatever is big right now, if you don't like it then don't go out....

just my .02

and if it's really that bad then go to Ibiza or Sonar and get your real fix on. If you want change then make it happen.

Everybody knows DJ X is a breaks dj.

Guest Mr. Negativity

It's so funny how you are all pre-conditioned to turn a blind eye to the state of Miami nightlife when someone portrays an accurate picture of its lameness.

After Las Vegas, Miami has got to be the most phony city in the US. Every illegal immigrant is out to rip you off.

Guest djmeXtc

why cant people just love music for the love not genre ive been djing for about 12 yrs now ive djed everything edm for ever

i hate when someone heres a track and they say that sux because its some music they call house or techno edm is there for you to love one another, not for superficial idiots who call them self music lovers .........

peace love unity respect remember that

Guest Mr. Negativity
why cant people just love music for the love not genre ive been djing for about 12 yrs now ive djed everything edm for ever

i hate when someone heres a track and they say that sux because its some music they call house or techno edm is there for you to love one another, not for superficial idiots who call them self music lovers .........

peace love unity respect remember that

Your insight was positively enlightening! Thank you for your contribution.