Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do men try to control women?

laurensomers

Originally posted by laurensomers:

Insecurity? I mean all facets of controlling possessiveness, everything. I always, always seem to attract those types of guys and they try and control me and I rebel. Guys - do you think its the type of girl?

Awww honey...please be careful...controlling men are the worst of the bunch, they are usually the ones who turn out to be the abusers...

Control = insecurity

------------------

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Because it's SO MUCH FUN! cwm26.gif

Just kidding!

Originally posted by cmb1975:

Control = insecurity

That about says it. Usually it's the losers that have absolutely nothing attractive (not necessarily physically) about themselves, and therefore try to keep the girl at all costs.

Keep on rebelling!

------------------

In G We Trust

lauren - u must be joking. the reason is because at the end of the day, thats what you (girls) want. of course there are exceptions to every rule, but in general, when guys are respectful, caring, and nice - girls lose interest faster than a rabbit gets fucked.

cheers!

Yes, girls lose interest fast but they do not want to be controlled. Yeah, nice guys tend to get the short end of stick, I agree. Same goes for nice girls. It just seems like every guy I meet acts possessive like that - trust me I run far, far away from those losers.

not true with nice girls - guys love nice girls. maybe a slutty type girl, yes - but no guy likes a bitch

cheers!

Originally posted by hroark:

lauren - u must be joking. the reason is because at the end of the day, thats what you (girls) want. of course there are exceptions to every rule, but in general, when guys are respectful, caring, and nice - girls lose interest faster than a rabbit gets fucked.

Totally! Which, in a way, is a good thing because this way we guys have the edge. If we want to date you longer, we just have to be crass, rude, not call you for a week, and forget your birthday and eye color. If we want you to go away, we just have to act sweet and bring you flowers for a while, and you'll be gone before we blink. Killer! I love manipulating people!

cwm40.gif

------------------

In G We Trust

Originally posted by resident:

Totally! Which, in a way, is a good thing because this way we guys have the edge. If we want to date you longer, we just have to be crass, rude, not call you for a week, and forget your birthday and eye color. If we want you to go away, we just have to act sweet and bring you flowers for a while, and you'll be gone before we blink. Killer! I love manipulating people!

cwm40.gif

That is SUCH a typical male comment. YOUR both so wrong. Talk about manipulating people - women, if they are smart, take the cake on that one!!!!!!!

Originally posted by cmb1975:

Awww honey...please be careful...controlling men are the worst of the bunch, they are usually the ones who turn out to be the abusers...

Control = insecurity

funny you say that. My ex was a control freak, I let him get away with it for a while then I rebelled and did exactly what he did not want me to do....hehehehe, but it seems like I've done that with almost every boyfriend. Anyway, I just found out he moved to Cali with his new girl and that he's abusing her now. He never layed a hand on me, he knew I'd hit him right back.... either that or everyone I knew would come after him.

I hate to say it but I'm with a total control freak. I know it's because of insecurity, fear of losing me, and women who fucked him over in the past.

I used to not do certain things simply to avoid conflict. But as the relationship progresses I realize that's pointless, I'm not going to restrict myself for the rest of my life. So we're trying to work on these issues- we'll see...

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

That is SUCH a typical male comment. YOUR both so wrong. Talk about manipulating people - women, if they are smart, take the cake on that one!!!!!!!

I was joking.... and then I wasn't.

I was joking about actually being an asshole so that the girl would be more interested, and actually rolling out the red carpet so that the girl would get bored and leave.

I was NOT joking about the simple truths of life - that girls are, for some strange reason, interested in dating assholes, and leave those that roll out the red carpet.

Am I just preaching into thin air? I hope not. If these fascinating factoids were talked about more often, maybe more people would realize that they do happen, and take steps to avoid them. But do I hope that girls will stop dating assholes in my lifetime? Nah. What a silly thought.

P.S. I'm neither an asshole nor do I roll out the red carpet yadda yadda yadda. I choose to be somewhere in between.

------------------

In G We Trust

[This message has been edited by resident (edited 06-07-2001).]

Guest xfactor834

One word: insecurity

Insecure men try to control other facets of their lives (i.e. the women they're with)

On the other hand, women love to change men, and try to make men see things their way (i.e. the 'fact' that women love assholes')

------------------

sig.jpg

Just win baby

answer? cause theyre insecure and afraid of strong women.

but heres a question for lauren...u say that every guy you meet is controlling, well obviously you like that cause youve said in your previous posts that YOUVE CHEATED ON EVERY GUY YOUVE EVER GONE OUT WITH. now correct me if im wrong, but isnt that like the pot calling the kettle black. looks like these guys have every right to be controlling of you because of your history. since when can you be trusted. (im not trying to be hostile, just asking a perfectly valid question)

You realize this can be completely turned around....

I have been with a few women that were extremely controlling, to the point that that was one of the main reasons we broke up...

Although, I do have to say the what I've observed in these type of controlling folk, as has been said in several other posts now, INSECURITY....

Laurensomers, I don't think it's the type of girl entirely... It may be bad selection on your part... Are you more of a passive/submissive type? That type certainly will attract the controlling type more (that has somewhat been my problem in the past -- too much ofa pushover). But otherwise, try and look at what traits you find yourself attracted to that may indicated controlling behaviour on there part...

just a thought or two...

Hope it works out for you better next time...

cwm7.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

It's simple,

The more controllers attempt to control, the LESS they are in control. cwm31.gif

Snowball Effect #218

cwm15.gif

If You LOVE some-body.....

.......If you Love Some-one....

FREE... FREE....

... Set Them Free!!!

------------------

B-sideBanner.gif

The DJ From Another Planet â„¢

Originally posted by hroark:

cheers!

Yes, girls lose interest fast but they do not want to be controlled. Yeah, nice guys tend to get the short end of stick, I agree. Same goes for nice girls. It just seems like every guy I meet acts possessive like that - trust me I run far, far away from those losers.

Originally posted by petp:

answer? cause theyre insecure and afraid of strong women.

but heres a question for lauren...u say that every guy you meet is controlling, well obviously you like that cause youve said in your previous posts that YOUVE CHEATED ON EVERY GUY YOUVE EVER GONE OUT WITH. now correct me if im wrong, but isnt that like the pot calling the kettle black. looks like these guys have every right to be controlling of you because of your history. since when can you be trusted. (im not trying to be hostile, just asking a perfectly valid question)

your right most guys probably feel like they can't trust me. I like to do what I want to do, but it seems like a negative cycle... maybe its maturity - I don't know. well at least I am aware of this and I am attempting to make a change

cwm1.gif

Originally posted by apotheosis:

because our society dictates males as the agressors/controllers.

because some women like to be dominated and taken care of (its that daddy role)

Yeah maybe 40 years ago...

But seriously folks...there is a difference between a guy who wants to know where you are going at night and teh guy who WILL FOLLOW YOU at night...

Ladies be very careful of the man who doesnt trust you for no reason...the one who questions your every move, tries to keep you under his thumb...While it may seem cute in teh beginning that he wants to keep such close tabs on you, most likely it will escalate to much more and even to the point of abuse.

Ladies, Be Strong, Take Care of Yourselves...DO NOT EVER EVER EVER LET A MAN LAY A HAND ON YOU...NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION...If he does it once, he will do it again...so RUN RUN RUN far away!

------------------

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

I used to know a couple where the guy was a total control freak, and the girl was a total pushover and let him manipulate her like a yo-yo. It was pathetic and funny at the same time: boyfriend was a fat ugly fast-talking scumbag that smoked weed and watched TV all day, and the girl was a pretty, ivy-league-educated, rising professional that paid for everything, whom he convinced that they were meant for each other. I stayed out of it for as long as I could but finally couldn't resist and got involved. No, not in *that* way - tried to talk some sense into the girl that she deserves better. After a few false starts she finally kicked him out and it lasted all of... a month maybe. He turned on the guilt trip and was back on her couch in about that long. And then she was too embarrassed to ever talk to me because that issue may would have come up (until I ran into both of them on the street).

After that I have forever lost the naive hope that you can help people that stay in abusive/controlling/otherwise pathetic relationships.

In any case, what seemed to be typical of that ugly situation was that the girl was the quiet type that's only been in a few long-term relationships and has not dated around much, whereas the guy's been around the block more than once. And when he realized that, he turned on the pressure and she gave in. Hey, smart move on his part - easy victim.

Which is exactly why I think that The Rules are a good thing. Yes, The Rules that everyone laughed about a while back - don't take a Saturday night date after Wednesday, don't call him, etc. They might seem silly, but if you read and think about them, they do filter out the control freaks and other dirt.

------------------

In G We Trust

Originally posted by apotheosis:

because our society dictates males as the agressors/controllers.

because some women like to be dominated and taken care of (its that daddy role)

Don't forget there are also plenty of men out there looking for a mommy.

cwm44.gif

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif