Clubplanet Nightlife Community

girls - i need some advice

hroark

k....i met this girl at mardi gras this year who i liked alot. we spent most of the time together when we were down there and it was a cool scene. we kept in touch via email for a few weeks and suddenly she like blew me off. (its been a couple months since we corresponded) one thing i should note is that i have this problem. when i really like a girl i wind up being too nice and scare them off (this has happened to me a few times)

now, my question, what should i do? should i make some grand gesture? (i would love to see her again - shes from st louis, i'm from ny) should i leave it alone? i mean i cant believe this girl is still on my mind!

cheers!

If she’s really on your mind, then call her up and be blunt and direct with her about how you feel. Tell her that she’s been on your mind, and you’re trying to initiate some sort of relationship with her. Ask her whatever’s on your mind, like is she seeing someone else, etc., but don’t get all upset or angry if she tells you something ou don’t want to hear. If she wants to get with you, cool. If not, leave her alone then. Don’t waste your time showing attention to someone that won’t reciprocate.

P.S., NYC to St. Louis? Sounds a little to far to me. A day’s driving (5-6 hours) is about as far as I can do for a long distance relationship.

i know you asked for advice from the ladies. but my advice on this subject is as good as gold (wisdom from experience is one of the few benefits of getting old). i just gave the following advice yesterday to a kid asking a very similar question:

sirdante said:

how old is she? the younger she is, the more likely it is that she already forgot who you are...

...dont let it shake your confidence if she doesnt call. the slickest dudes on the planet get blown off now and again...

...dont worry bc it isnt that important. there are plenty of chicks out there..

also, long distance relationships are doomed. thats especially true with someone you dont love already (and you dont love her, you dont really know her).

should you "leave it alone?" yes.

should you make a "grand gesture?" no. the only thing to do is make sure she has your 411 and tell her youd love to show her around NY if shes ever in the area.

no go out there and find another cutie. trust me, theres plenty for everybody.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by sirdante:

i know you asked for advice from the ladies. but my advice on this subject is as good as gold (wisdom from experience is one of the few benefits of getting old). i just gave the following advice yesterday to a kid asking a very similar question:

sirdante said:

how old is she? the younger she is, the more likely it is that she already forgot who you are...

...dont let it shake your confidence if she doesnt call. the slickest dudes on the planet get blown off now and again...

...dont worry bc it isnt that important. there are plenty of chicks out there..

also, long distance relationships are doomed. thats especially true with someone you dont love already (and you dont love her, you dont really know her).

should you "leave it alone?" yes.

should you make a "grand gesture?" no. the only thing to do is make sure she has your 411 and tell her youd love to show her around NY if shes ever in the area.

no go out there and find another cutie. trust me, theres plenty for everybody.

I would have to agree.

cwm6.gif

------------------

I'm not in this world to live up to other people's expectations, nor do I feel that the world must live up to mine

--Fritz Perls

yeah id say the distance is screwing things up......maybe she was just in it for a few nights at mardi gras also

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

Awww man, that stinks. Maybe things have died down b/c of the distance b/w you and b/c you guys haven't seen each other since Mardi Gras. Sometimes one infatuation or interests die when you don't get to see that person in person.

I'd give it one more shot though, esp. if you really like this girl. If it doesn't work out, then I'd let it go.

Good luck buddy.

------------------

You're only young once

sa1328.jpg