Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turnoffs

jesx81

BIGGEST TURN OFF: Someone who doesn't know how to listen. Conversation is an art - to know how to converse and actively listen to your partner with all your senses is WONDERFUL. Anything less is self involved and annoying.

Originally posted by tastyt:

My turn-offs are pushy, arrogant, opinionated, close-minded men.

I just noticed this. What's wrong with being opinionated? Most intelligent people usually are. It's the stupid ones that don't know or don't care.

Originally posted by rparadox:

I just noticed this. What's wrong with being opinionated? Most intelligent people usually are. It's the stupid ones that don't know or don't care.

Having opinions is a good thing. Of course! "Opinionated," however, is a word with negative connotations- an opinionated person has a close-mindedness about their opinions. You could argue with them till you're blue in the face, and they would not for one second even *humor* the idea that your opposing pov is anything but worthless.

Everyone has some opinions they'll never lose. However there are others who just never change their mind about *anything*. They're stuck on this level and can't grow.

And even when you have a strong opinion about something you can usually admit that there's *some* worth to what others think. I for one will never be a pro-lifer. However, I can admit that their basic premise has validity- of course it would be great if there were no need for abortions- but that world doesn't exist!

Ok I think that's an overly definitive explanation so I'm going to stop now!

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

[This message has been edited by tastyt (edited 06-21-2001).]

Originally posted by tastyt:

Having opinions is a good thing. Of course! "Opinionated," however, is a word with negative connotations- an opinionated person has a close-mindedness about their opinions. You could argue with them till you're blue in the face, and they would not for one second even *humor* the idea that your opposing pov is anything but worthless.

I agree with you about that, I guess I’m just arguing with you over semantics. "Obstinate" would be a better word to fit the description you gave (sorry, I’m a writer smile.gif).

Originally posted by rparadox:

I agree with you about that, I guess I’m just arguing with you over semantics. "Obstinate" would be a better word to fit the description you gave (sorry, I’m a writer smile.gif).

That's ok- I've been known to quibble over such things myself! cwm20.gif

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

Wow, Im surprised no one said smoking. Being a smoker, I know that there are a lot of people out there that think it's unattractive. Whatever, I dont!

My turnoffs for guys are guys who CANT DRESS

Guys who have stubbly arms cause they need to be shaved

CHEAP GUYS

Of course bad breath

Oh where do I start...most of what everyone ese has said

Just have to add guys with really obnoxious voices..like squeaky or nasaly voices.

Guys who walk weird...either walk with a stick up their ass or have an arrogant strut.

Guys who cant dress. I don't care if they are bummed out just have some style.

Smoking yes this is a major turn off for me.

Guys who drink too much or do drugs often.

Guys that play..fix..or scratch themselves in public.

Short shorts on guys or jeans as tight as mine.

thick hair...even a lot of arm pit hair..yuck

fake and bakers that look orange

ive got more but I dont want to list them all

------------------

creation.shtml