Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tanning woes. Totally off topic but help me anyway! PLEASE!!!

dale77

Okay, somebody out there has gotta help me. Like a jackass I put oil on my face and totally sunburned but then it turned into a really dark tan. But then of course I started to peel and now I'm peeling so badly that all of these light patches of skin are showing.

I don't know what to do!! Should I exfoliate and start all over? Are there any good scrubs that'll exfoliate evenly!?!? Should I try a self tanner? Someone told me Clarins was good.

I waited all winter to get tan, I finally did and I screwed it up! ::sniff:: ::sniff::

Any suggestions? cwm36.gif

------------------

You're only young once:

sa1046.jpg

Na! Na! Na! Gonna have a good time!

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Let it peel off and try to stay out of the sun for a little while. Better safe & healthy than sorry and dead. I need another tan... mine is fading to white.

------------------

twilo%20-%20clubplanet%20logo.jpg

"1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 ....Mathematics is the language of nature" --BT

AIM: teklord310

moisturize! it will keep u from having that flaky look.

tanning cremes look fake, ive tried them and didnt like them at all.

just bite the bullet and let it all peel away naturally, exfoliating helps speed up the process.

but u left out the best part....any tan lines?!??!?! :-)

My my my...how times have changed! I love how all of the replies to my post were put up by MEN!!! I think that's so funny! cwm27.gifcwm7.gifcwm35.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

You're only young once:

sa1046.jpg

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Originally posted by petp:

but u left out the best part....any tan lines?!??!?! :-)

Sorry to disappoint you petp, but yes, I have tan lines...I was on vacation with my family. wink.gif

------------------

You're only young once:

sa1046.jpg

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Why do you tan? Weren't you "tanned" enough already?

Originally posted by dale77:

Okay, somebody out there has gotta help me. Like a jackass I put oil on my face and totally sunburned but then it turned into a really dark tan. But then of course I started to peel and now I'm peeling so badly that all of these light patches of skin are showing.

I don't know what to do!! Should I exfoliate and start all over? Are there any good scrubs that'll exfoliate evenly!?!? Should I try a self tanner? Someone told me Clarins was good.

I waited all winter to get tan, I finally did and I screwed it up! ::sniff:: ::sniff::

Any suggestions? cwm36.gif

------------------

smile.gif

please, for the love of god.. don't go to a tanning salon... fake and bake scares me and so many people come out of there looking orange...

i say just let it do its thing.. obviously the skin is damaged, since it's peeling off, so let nature take its course and next time use block on your face... the face is way more sensitive then the rest of your body

good luck sweets & happy tanning...

cwm38.gif

------------------

poohvlieger.gif

life's a ride... pack light...

AIM: dELERiUM 540

Originally posted by djmoonshine:

please, for the love of god.. don't go to a tanning salon... fake and bake scares me and so many people come out of there looking orange...

i say just let it do its thing.. obviously the skin is damaged, since it's peeling off, so let nature take its course and next time use block on your face... the face is way more sensitive then the rest of your body

good luck sweets & happy tanning...

cwm38.gif

I DID use sunblock....well on the last day of vacation anyway. lol. cwm13.gif

------------------

You're only young once:

sa1046.jpg

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Try a natural mix of Aloe Vera and Cucumber.. Your skin should return to normal in a few days...

and whatever you do

DO NOT go to a salon... all you will do is further damage your skin..

Doc B

------------------

B-sideBanner.gif

The DJ From Another Planet ™

Originally posted by rparadox:

It’s just that growing up in Philly, I never saw any black folk—including my family and friends—purposely tan at the beach. When I went to college out in the burbs I saw it, but I always thought that it was a little redundant.

Well now qw shouldn't generalize. Yes, there are black people who like to go to the beach and get tan, blacks of all shades!!!!

I myself am light skinned. I'm not fair but i get pretty pale IMO during winter months and I like to tan because I turn a nice golden brown.

Maybe b/c you're from Phili and you're not near the ocean, you find that blacks don't go out to get tan on purpose. I dunno. I grew up in 20 mins from Jones Beach. I've been going there since I was a little kid and we always travelled to warm, sunny places on summer breaks, so getting a tan each summer was inevitable.

Surely there are other people of color who go out and get tans besides me....anyone? anyone?

------------------

You're only young once:

sa1046.jpg

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Well now qw shouldn't generalize. Yes, there are black people who like to go to the beach and get tan, blacks of all shades!!!!

I myself am light skinned. I'm not fair but i get pretty pale IMO during winter months and I like to tan because I turn a nice golden brown.

Maybe b/c you're from Phili and you're not near the ocean, you find that blacks don't go out to get tan on purpose. I dunno. I grew up in 20 mins from Jones Beach. I've been going there since I was a little kid and we always travelled to warm, sunny places on summer breaks, so getting a tan each summer was inevitable.

Surely there are other people of color who go out and get tans besides me....anyone? anyone?

I'm not knocking you, It's just a new concept to me. My girlfriend is pretty light, and she just came back from seaside with a tan, and then promptly started to peel. It just seems like too much trouble to me. Then again, I'm about the smae complexion as that Fat Albert in your sig so...

BTW, Philly's only an hour from AC.

------------------

smile.gif

Huh?

It’s just that growing up in Philly, I never saw any black folk—including my family and friends—purposely tan at the beach. When I went to college out in the burbs I saw it, but I always thought that it was a little redundant.

------------------

smile.gif