Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Our rights

kimberlyco

I thought I would pass this on. I don't know if I believe that Raves are "all for the music" cause it is a place to do the drugs, but I do believe in our rights, and that people should not be giving that choice to take away our rights.

Attn: Drop Bass Network list members (this pertains to those of

you in the U.S.for the most part)

Following is a letter from dj ESP Woody McBride on behalf of Mile High Events in

Minneapolis. Our thoughts echo most of what he has to say and we felt it was important to pass this on to you. _Once again_ our scene is under attack here in Wisconsin and now more than ever we need everyone's help. If you believe, like we do, in the ideas Woody puts forth then please send us your

emails of support.

We're not looking for a revolution here, just your beliefs in what we already know... this scene really is about the music.

Send your emails to: dropbass@dropbass.net and we'll forward them to the necessary people. Thanks for your listening and for your help.

Rave On. wink.gif

Hello everyone - DJ ESP Woody McBride of Mile High Events here - I NEED YOUR ATTENTION AND SUPPORT!!!

A Ban on Raves is being considered in the Madison area.

I am calling for your sincere and mature e-mails that support our efforts to present safe drug-free electronic music dance events that are popular because of the talent we feature and not because of the attraction of drugs!!

Please send them to me in the form of an e-mail with your contact information included.

Please refrain from contacting the venue in a "protest manner" -

this will only overwhelm them. The venue is not our opponent - it is the city

and Madison law enforcement who are opposed to our events. They are still intolerant even after we have taken raving to the safe concert level that enjoys all the conventions of a legitimate concert... changes they had asked for and we delivered.

More and more I am hearing from you that you are relieved that there is not such a pressure to use drugs at events like the ones we have promoted at the Alliant Energy Center and that the scene is coming of age and growing out of its bad reputation..You may or may not have known that we chose to assist with an

important proactive drug-prevention program at our Electronic Music Dance Events at

the ALLIANT ENERGY CENTER/DANE COUNTY EXPO. It is ours and the city of

Madison's contention that electronic music dance events should be drug-free events and

we have done everything we could to make our events safe, drug-free and more

fun and exciting than anything you have ever been to.

Due to the fact that drug dealers and drug users persist to taint

our events we have been told that the availability of the DANE COUNTY/ALLIANT

ENERGY CENTER is threatened. There possible ban is being considered for all future events.

Also, get on your chatlines and billboards and start talking about "taking back" our scene from dealers and the pressure to take drugs... I have

been promoting events and djing in this scene for 10 years and have said many times that if ravers cannot behave themselves they will kill their own scene...

It is time to grow up and let go of the contradictions of PLUR...those concepts of Peace, Love, Unity and Respect are negated when you ingest anunknown capsule of Confusion, Violence and Self-disrespect. Drugs kill people and damage brain

cells - everyone knows this - please find your inner strength to resist drugs as they are incredibly addicting, illegal and inflict pain on you, your friends and family when you are caught up in a drug-lifestyle. It is the ultimate contradiction.

Raves are supposed to be about fun and music and purity and freedom of spirit...

Some of you will not share this view and I ask that you enjoy your own right to privacy and please stand by quietly focusing on the fact that we are trying to preserve the right feature Electronic Music Dance Events that you enjoy.

The Mile High is a collective of people who lead chemically-free lives and operate by this motto "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC."

If you chose to use drugs please do it somewhere else other than at our events.

You may have heard in the news that there were 27 arrests at Turned On 2 -most of them were arrests made outside the venue as the prevention team intercepted the dealers - all of whom were from outside the Madison area. This is evidence that things are changing for the better for the immediate Madison scene.

Please work to continue clean up of your scene and take some time to think about how much you value our Electronic Music Dance events... If it is "all about the drugs" to most ravers - like some city officials feel - it will be a real shame -but, I know that is not true and lets prove them wrong!!!

Please E-mail me your letters of support and I will forward them

on our behalf to the venue to show that there is a STRONG DRUG-FREE DANCING VOICE OF THE PEOPLE.

Please forward this to other responsible people who can contribute to this effort and forward your responses to me...

Thank you.

Dj ESP Woody McBride mile high events