Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Oakenfold

kimberlyco

I know I might get shunned for this post, considering I read the purefuture board and all the negative comments towards Paul Oakenfold.... but oh well...

Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone was going to go to see him at the Arogon April 13th???

kim..

pay no attention to the bashers on the other website, or the old House vs. Trance bullshit.. These days every genre mixes into another, and any great set is going to be a hybrid.

its suddenly become fashionable and hip to bash any popular DJ and call them "cheese" or "played out" or "sellouts".

While Oakenfold isnt one of my favorites, he is solid, and a great talent.

I'll be there.. even with the sucky hours @ The Aragon.. hmmm. maybe he'll show up at RedNo5 for the afterhours.

I'll be there. I think it's funny how he always gets bashed, since it's just the "selling out" vs "keeping it real" game. I like his cheese, and the crowd's going to be crazy...

Were you at any of his other sets in Chicago? So far, I only saw him once, back in August...

I like Oakie, but $40 per ticket is not worth it for me to see him live. The tix are really $24 each, but Ticketmaster is adding $16 worth of fees and garbage to see him.

So I guess that means no Oakie for D-Jam. frown.gif

D-Jam

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.osmag.com" TARGET=_blank> osmagfooter.gif </A>

I called Aragon hoping to avoid ticketmaster charges and they say that there box office is only open the day of the show which may be a risk considering last few times Oakenfold has been around he's sold out days before the show. Ticketmaster gets you by the ballz. Any other suggestions?

------------------

wombat3.gif

yeah, waiting for the day of the show is a risk.. however almost all events hold back a certain percentage of the ticket for door sales. When they say "Sold Out", it usually means 'advance' tickets are sold out.

I dunno.. $40 is pretty steep for something that ends at 1:30 AM.. and Oakenfold will probably wind up only playing a 2 hour set.. unless they're gonna guarantte afterhours w/admission to RedNo5 , its in the "not worth it" zone..

I think it is worth it, considering it is only a "once in a while" thing. I went to the show he had at Crobar. It was AMAZING. I never stopped dancing... as my friends described it... I was in the cage, on the stage, doing glow ropes (which I had never done before that), on the block, and finally on the dance floor. The energy kept me going the whole night. That was only one experience though, who knows, the second time might stink. Oh well, I think it is worth the try.

Tranceaction- thank you for your words, you make more sense than anyone on those bash boards!!

And Tommy, you never go out anyway so you would have to had saved enough money to go!!! wink.gif

Kim looks like you had a good time last time okie was in town.... cwm32.gif

ive seen him @ the riviera last year, which was good, but ended early as well. I got there late, but i didnt have to pay.

Isnt the show 18+ ? that makes way to many kiddies for me cwm22.gif

tommy

------------------

"Nobody picks on a strong man." - Atlas